“We are closed”
Review of Bistro 67 - CLOSED

Bistro 67
Price range: US$1 - US$12
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Family and dog friendly, we offer a wide range of meals in a relaxed atmosphere, we are also fully licensed.
Maldon, United Kingdom
“We are closed”
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Thank you for all the nice reviews, obviously spoilt by the spineless few who couldn't be bothered to complain at the time or think that being human is below them.
We have now finished trading because the only thing I paid was the tax man and staff.

Visited March 2014

Exeter, United Kingdom
“discovery meal for two”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

what a meal, excellent without a shadow of doubt, top marks for the chef, friendly staff, would definately pop in here again when next visit Totnes, thank you very much.

• Visited May 2013
Dorset
“Okay but I won't be going back”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Friendly enough staff but it took them 10 minutes after we'd ordered for them to tell me that they had none left of my choice (vegetarian roast). I ordered the vegetable curry which sounded interesting - carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, sultanas, potatoes, peas in a korma sauce with cream and basmati rice.

The result came slopped into a bowl, the sauce wasn't home made, there was no sign of the cream and I counted 2 sultanas and 2 slivers of mushroom. Oh, and no broccoli either. At least it was hot but the rice was slightly undercooked. Presentation - 1/10. The peas looked like they'd been dumped on the top of the carrots - the only vegetables in abundance.

Nowhere near as bad as the women on the table near us - one had to take her fish and chips back then left most of it; one ate half of her fishcakes and the other refused to pay for her meal (no idea what it was) as she said it was disgusting.

They didn't even take the vegetarian roast off the specials board.

My husband's steak and ale casserole was tasty but it also came slopped in a large soup bowl.

It was our second choice of restaurant in Totnes as our first was full but I won't go back.

• Visited January 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
“delicious”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I totally agree that Bistro67 deserves an amazing feedback full of “thank you”. I have been Bistro67 in Totnes as a language student in june several times. I shared my best memories with my best friends in a positive atmosphere thanks to Bistro67. Welcoming dogs is the standing out qualification which made me eat there. Moreover, They have friendly stuff. The stuff love their job and make it crystal to see with smiley faces and the way to serve meals. Also, if it comes to taste, all the meals i have eaten there were well cooked and tasty. Thanks a lot. Hope to be there again.
P.s: I also want to send a thank text to the stuff personally if it is possible?

• Visited June 2013
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Good Choice”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

While in Totnes we were looking for a bite to eat and somewhere out of the rain when we stumbled across Bistro67. We would have missed it due to the high frequency of places to eat and drink in Totnes but the sign in the lane across the road caught my eye and I'm a bit of a sucker for places advertising home cooked and locally sourced food so we went in. This said I can be a bit hard to please as I am a bit of a homemade soup snob so that is what I had as I think that is a good measure, to compare it to one of my own soups.
I am happy to report that my squash and red pepper soup was flavoursome and filling and came with plenty of fresh bread and butter.Our daughter had the childrens pasta which looked a little bland but she loved it and there were no pre-packaged nasties in there, just wholesome homecooked ingredients. Well done for satisfying this very picky mother (and soup snob)

• Visited October 2013