“Disappointing”

Riverford Farm Shop Cafe
Ranked #54 of 102 Restaurants in Totnes
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I heard much about this place but was quite disappointed on a visit. The freshly cooked pies and foods were quite 'untidy' looking and overly expensive. The two pies I purchased were very average and pretty mean on the contents. The bread was ok but nothing to write home about. I doubt I will look in there again.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Lovely selection of organic pasties, soup and deli items - beautiful little stop off for a light lunch.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Not the shop but the Riverford Farm Restaurant nearby. Locally sourced menu which is fixed with no choice....but brilliant. £24 for 3 courses. You can't eat it all. Been twice and will go again. You must book in advance.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stopped on journey down to Hope Cove. Had simple coffee and pie each. We are a big fan of the Riverford shops and enjoyed visit. Seats outside and inside but not warmest so bring a coat! M :-)

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Dropped in this afternoon for a look around and bite to eat. My husband had a pie and salad and I went for a mixed salad / deli plate. The girl serving us was pleasant enough but had no idea what came with each meal. When we did get our food the portions were so mean and the food was terrible. I had a falafel which was the driest thing to ever pass my lips, the dolmades were pretty bad and my husband's pie was not warmed up and tasted awful. Even the deli salad (what there was of it) was really substandard. Food was very poor, did not taste at all fresh and was not cheap. We were very disappointed, still hungry and frankly would have been better off buying these items from a supermarket chain! Would recommend people avoid this place for the cafe section - we did not hang around long enough to sample any of the other produce.