“Perfectly placed.”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Daisy Cottage

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Linda W
“Perfectly placed.”
Reviewed 12 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Daisy cottage was perfectly placed for my trips to Ways with Words at Darlington Hall. I came down by train so had no car to park. The cottage was great for one or two people and the welcoming basket was much appreciated. It was very clean and in a quiet area with a handy shop at the end of the road, yet within walking distance of town centre. I enjoyed my stay immensely.

sarah w
“Daisy cottage Totnes”
Reviewed 2 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

2nd visit did not disappoint. Just as good as last year excepting the weather! Comfortable, good location, clean and well appointed.

Swissmiss...
Zurich, Switzerland
“Quirky modern bright welcoming cottage”
Reviewed 29 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Daisy Cottage is very well positioned for exploring the local region and Totnes, located on a quiet back street. No official parking for the cottage but this isn't a problem, you can easily pull up outside the front door just to unload/load bags, free parking was always available in the nearby streets. Upon arrival we found James instructions to locate the key very easy and it worked without any issues. In the cottage we had a small complimentary basket of fresh bread, butter, milk jam & cheese, a very nice touch! Overall the cottage is maintained very well and the decor has been thought about with care and attention to detail. Love the world map on the staircase! Wifi worked well, didn't use the TV or cooking facility's apart from kettle & toaster which again worked well. Plenty of books & games for those wishing to stay at home. Cottage is Ideal for one or two people MAX. Just a few small gripes which really is constructive criticism for Daisy Cottage to be even better than it already is:
* The bed we found to be extremely small and uncomfortable, it is a small double. If one is use to a larger double/king size, one may find this bed uncomfortable. May be loose one of the bed side tables and put in a larger bed.
* wooden blinds in the bedroom - major dust collectors and don't block out morning light. Either replace with blinds or curtains that are easier to use and block light, or at least dust the existing blinds please.
* Towels - we were in the cottage for 6 days, one bath towel & 1 hand towel per person isn't enough. For longer stays, may be offer two sets of towels?
* Clean out the drawers in the bedroom dressing table and bed side tables, as we found dust and hairs inside, and didn't want to put our clothes in there without using plastic bags as a protector

Overall a great stay, good value for money, if I was ever in Totnes again I would stay here for just a short break.

35Elaine
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Beautiful cottage in fab location”
Reviewed 23 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Lovely cottage within walking distance of Totnes. Fabulously equipped with loads of lovely extra touches. So cosy and outside space is a bonus. Fantastic for the money. Loved every minute of our stay.

Martin W
“Fantastic ”
Reviewed 17 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

We had a lovely stay at Daisy Cottage. It's perfectly placed, just across the bridge from Totnes. Daisy Cottage was very clean, comfortable and cosy plus we had a lovely welcome of fresh bread and cheese. Perfect easy get away!

terryjw
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Nice cottage in a good location”
Reviewed 3 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

This is a nice cottage for 2 people, it might be a bit camped for 4 though.
It is in a good position for exploring Totnes on foot, and there are walks along the river Dart (a tidal river so it is constantly changing) and the surrounding area.
Totnes has a variety of pubs/cafes/restaurants so finding something nice to eat is not a problem.
There is no parking at the cottage so unloading/loading can be a pain, but there is street parking up the hill a short walk away.
The cottage has pretty well everything you need (good WiFi, LED TV, Sky, DVDs and a selection of books), including a wood burner if it is cold!
We didn't use the small patio area as it always seemed to be in the shade during our stay.
We enjoyed our time there.

777Scarle...
London, United Kingdom
“many faults with accommodation, worst landlord ever”
Reviewed 27 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
people found this review helpful

I often stay in self-catering places all over the country. Having read excellent reviews on Daisy Cottage I was quite sure it would not disappoint me. How wrong I was.
First of all, from my experience, landlords always give instructions on how to get in, often weeks before arrival.
Having asked James, I got a dismissive reply. On my second attempt, the day before I was due, he sent me a code, but did not explain how to use it or where.
When I arrived, I found myself in front of a locked door. I rang James, who did not even come to the phone. A 'friend' answered and talked me through some complicated instructions which, had it been dark or raining, I would have found impossible to follow.
The place was cold and I had to ring again to ask how to operate the heating. More instructions followed, courtesy of the 'friend' who asked James (whom I could hear in the background).

During my stay I found several signs of neglect:

2 downstairs lights not working, not enough kitchen utensils (even for some basic cooking), the DVD player out of action, plus my friend burnt himself while trying to operate the microvawe dangerously chained to the bottom of a kitchen cupboard. You would need to lie on the floor to operate it - an impossibility, given the tiny kitchen.
Due to lack of sufficient kitchenware, I had to go and buy a basic saucepan, a wooden spoon and a serving bowl! I left them in the cottage.

The 'Welcome' instructions inside the cottage were laconic, didn't cover the heating (not obvious to find), nor did they include taxi numbers (useful info when you don't travel by car).
On leaving, I noticed that water was dripping inside the fridge, which badly needed defrosting. I left a polite note to James with feedback, followed by an email when I got home. I had no aknowledgement, nor did I hear from him again.
Having said all that, the cottage is pretty and quirky, if tiny, comfortable for two people max. ("Sleeps four" is an exaggeration).

The bedroom and bathroom were nice.
With a bit of care, some decent communication and some inspection, it could have deserved good reviews.
As it was, I rate it as one of the worst places and the worst landlord I ever experienced.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing