“Michelin starred food in an old world pub setting”
Review of The Kingsbridge Inn - CLOSED

The Kingsbridge Inn
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Under new ownership and re-opening 13th May. A very warm welcome awaits... The Kingsbridge Inn is the oldest pub in Totnes, dating back to the 17th Century. Every nook provides a little history and a lot of character. There is a private function room available upstairs which can be hired for wedding receptions, anniversaries or perhaps a business meeting. Whatever your requirements, the dedicated team will work with you to plan your event. You can even hire our Inn exclusively. Our log burner will keep you cosy on cold winter days, or you can soak up the rays during summer on our decked patio... We even welcome your well-behaved furry friends! Dog snacks available! Let The Kingsbridge Inn be your worst kept secret!
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We arrived late for lunch but they were happy to accommodate us.
I had two fish dishes. The mussels were excellent and the lemon sole paupiette was stunning; fresh, perfectly cooked and with the added dimension of the stuffing.
For dessert my wife had the rhubarb: panna cotta, jelly, sauce and icecream. I had the lemon meringue which was a similar trio with sauces. These desserts were superb.
The food was as good as anything I've eatend anywhere and prices were normal pub prices.
Lovely old building as well.
The service was excellent. These people really seem to care about what they're doing and the experience you have.

1  Thank EpicCure

Reviewed 7 May 2012

Wow-innkeepers at the Four Seasons B&B recommended Kingsbridge and they were SO correct!

Everything was excellent! We ate specials: spinach-feta lasagna, and green Thai curry. My son in law has the lamb steak with mint sauce. We licked our plates clean! Excellent chocolate-fig decadent dessert. Mmmmmm.

Ambiance is old world but classy; not over priced and excellent attentive service.

Do NOT miss this dining experience!!

Reviewed 3 May 2012

Family friendly (3yr old and 8 month old), very good food at fair prices (£10 a roast), excellent pudding (the lasagne!!?!).
Attentive staff in a traditional pub setting.
Will return

Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

On Wednesday night we were child free and had heard good things and thought we should try the kingsbridge inn. It was fanastic, great service, great food, sensible prices- I will definately return!

Reviewed 15 April 2012

There are many great places to eat in Totnes but The Kingsbridge Inn surely justifies it's no.1 position in trip advisor reviews. Having eaten in there last night for the first time in a few years I can only say why didn't I return sooner ?

Admittedly the menu is slightly on the short side, but the quality of the food and size of portions is exceptional. I had the sea brill and chorizo risotto, whilst my wife had steak and ale pie with mustard mash. A great mix of Continental and traditional cuisines. We shared desserts of Baileys fudge torte with Belgian chocolate ice cream and lemon torte. Scrummy !

Overall a great dining experience. Staff were friendly and attentive but never intrusive. A roaring log fire and a background of blues music helped create a relaxing atmosphere.

Please treat yourself by visiting this wonderful eaterie at the top-end of Totnes.