“Food - Good, Service - ok”

Prezzo - Bournemouth
Ranked #108 of 788 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Price range: US$0 - US$61
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have been a couple of times. The most recent was with a group of 17 and I can't really complain about the food apart from the calamari was slightly overdone but everything else was great. We did get there to find that not enough spaces were allocated. I was sat at the end and they could have easily fitted another small table at the end to provide a bit more space. We had to ask a couple of times where some of our drinks were and by the time I received my starter, everyone else had almost finished.

This maybe because they are not used to big parties as the first time I went with just 4 people, the service was great.

Would I go back? Yes - maybe not with such a big group although we still all had a good time.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Saturday lunch time - excellent service, very helpful, friendly staff. Good food, very reasonable prices. Will certainly be returning

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Having visited other prezzos I'm always let down by this particular branch. The standards they uphold to me let the whole chain down. On my last visit the service was absolutely shocking with not only our waitress staring out of the windows as we made our orders and not making any conversation but also she seemed more focused on the larger tables, the contrast between the service we received and that to other tables was quite frankly insulting. I was served a barely lukewarm coffee and at this point I was hoping it would get better. It did not. My partner and I waited a long while for our food, despite it being quite quiet, we watched as other tables who came in after us were given their main courses and also saw our food sat waiting to come out for at least 5 minutes while our waitress was chatting. When our food eventually came one of the dishes. (spaghetti carbonara with chicken) came without the chicken, our waitress apologised for this, but with both our meals quite cold and one not fully right it did little to make anything up to us. When the chicken came it was very dry. We will not be visiting this branch again.

1  Thank Dannielle R
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Went here with my partner and felt as though we were last priority the whole time. Considering it was quiet in there they were slow with food, got my order wrong and meals were not up to temperature. Had a luke warm coffee as well. A table that arrived after us were also served their main a good few minutes before ours, which then resulted in myself waiting longer for them to correct my order. Not what I expect from a prezzo's, especially with what they charge for food. Felt totally forgotten about and as though the waitress couldn't be bothered with us.

1  Thank Louuuuuu
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We love Prezzo, always have, always will as their food is always fantastic. Unfortunately I forgot why I hate this branch of Prezzo. Its really, REALLY, noisy! Husband and I went there on 'date night' and we were yelling at each other across the table to be heard. When we left it felt like we had been in a club for the evening, our ears were still ringing.

The food was fantastic, shame they have changed the dip for the calamari starter as its not nice. Lovely mains and the mini dessert and hot drink is just right. Still no Peroni Draught - never has been although it's on the menu.

The service was great very quick, very lovely servers although for some reason in this branch none of them seem to wear uniform so you couldn't tell who was actually working there!

Love the new pay-by-app function!

1  Thank Ashmeister19