“Changed my mind about Prezzos!”

Prezzo - Bournemouth
Ranked #148 of 809 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Price range: US$0 - US$61
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I had a £20 voucher to spend in a Prezzo of my choice and, as we were staying down in Bournemouth for my birthday over the Easter weekend, decided to eat here. Not really expecting a great deal but have eaten in other branches before and always been relatively impressed with the food.

When we got to the restaurant on the Saturday night, the whole place was full to bursting - a good sign for any establishment. We were given a table for two and had our order for wine taken straight away, with it being delivered to the table quickly. Also asked for water and, again, quick service.

The food was simply excellent, I have read some of the other reviews on here about the Bournemouth branch and simply do not recognise what some people are saying. We had fairly expensive options (Lobster and Crab Tortelli for my wife, Fillet of Salmon for myself) and I have absolutely no complaints at all - the food was delicious. Hot too, obviously freshly cooked.

We had a very nice dessert and enjoyed a coffee / brandy at the end of the meal, all in all we thoroughly enjoyed the experience and would go back.

Position is good (opposite Royal Bath hotel) and I understand they have an outside terrace in the summer, although this was covered with scaffolding when we visited. But this didn't detract from what was a very enjoyable evening, I left a good tip for the staff (who we found to be very polite and efficient) and would happily recommend.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have been a couple of times. The most recent was with a group of 17 and I can't really complain about the food apart from the calamari was slightly overdone but everything else was great. We did get there to find that not enough spaces were allocated. I was sat at the end and they could have easily fitted another small table at the end to provide a bit more space. We had to ask a couple of times where some of our drinks were and by the time I received my starter, everyone else had almost finished.

This maybe because they are not used to big parties as the first time I went with just 4 people, the service was great.

Would I go back? Yes - maybe not with such a big group although we still all had a good time.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Saturday lunch time - excellent service, very helpful, friendly staff. Good food, very reasonable prices. Will certainly be returning

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Having visited other prezzos I'm always let down by this particular branch. The standards they uphold to me let the whole chain down. On my last visit the service was absolutely shocking with not only our waitress staring out of the windows as we made our orders and not making any conversation but also she seemed more focused on the larger tables, the contrast between the service we received and that to other tables was quite frankly insulting. I was served a barely lukewarm coffee and at this point I was hoping it would get better. It did not. My partner and I waited a long while for our food, despite it being quite quiet, we watched as other tables who came in after us were given their main courses and also saw our food sat waiting to come out for at least 5 minutes while our waitress was chatting. When our food eventually came one of the dishes. (spaghetti carbonara with chicken) came without the chicken, our waitress apologised for this, but with both our meals quite cold and one not fully right it did little to make anything up to us. When the chicken came it was very dry. We will not be visiting this branch again.

1  Thank Dannielle R
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Went here with my partner and felt as though we were last priority the whole time. Considering it was quiet in there they were slow with food, got my order wrong and meals were not up to temperature. Had a luke warm coffee as well. A table that arrived after us were also served their main a good few minutes before ours, which then resulted in myself waiting longer for them to correct my order. Not what I expect from a prezzo's, especially with what they charge for food. Felt totally forgotten about and as though the waitress couldn't be bothered with us.

1  Thank Louuuuuu