“Lovely food”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Portuguese traditional cuisine from Madeira Island
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We weren't sure about this restaurant based on the outside of it but it was lovely! There's lots of seating down the back of the restaurant and it had a good atmosphere. There was a good choice of food and it was fairly priced. I had garlic bread (4 big slices so I shared it) then I had rigatoni pasta with broccoli, olives and courgette, I finished it all off with strawberry and chocolate ice cream. I should have had just strawberry ice cream as that was lovely. My partner had steak and chips. I would definitely visit again.
The female waitress was a lot friendlier than the slightly grumpy male waiter!

1  Thank sarah123429

Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

They have a good menu of very decently priced items. The pizza and pasta we had were very good. We did not stay for desert so we can't comment but the display was nice.

2  Thank doesntmatter_98224
Reviewed 5 July 2013

From outside this place doesn't look much, but the food and the service are excellent. I really recommend.

3  Thank Petw
Reviewed 4 July 2013

My husband and I stopped here for an evening meal during a short break.The husband and wife team greeted us warmly and their hospitality throughout the evening was exceptional.We had scabbard fish and veal and both were beautifully cooked and good portions.
Good authentic Portuguese cuisine at reasonable prices with outstanding service - what more could you want ?!! Wish this was our local restaurant.

1  Thank Nic W
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We called in on they off chance with friends,8 in total, it was the best fish and chips I ever tasted, so fresh.
The the owner greeted us and was very helpful, and we sat at the very back of the restaurant ,as I had a little pug dog with me, and the owner very kindly put him in his private quarters, so we could eat in the restaurant .
We will be back not only for the best fish and chips, but to try the Portuguese food, which looked amazing.
Thank you for your hospitality ,see you soon.!

2  Thank Linley P