“Not bad food but very small portions”

Atlantico Portuguese Restaurant
Ranked #445 of 786 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Portuguese traditional cuisine from Madeira Island
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Asked for a *large* cod and *large* chips as was really hungry. The portions were really small, smallest I've ever had from a chip shop - barely enough to cover an average sized plate, which was disappointing. Chips were ok quality, fish was small and thin with too much batter. I could easily eat the same portion over again before I was really full. I wouldn't go back.

2  Thank Questifer

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We have been here many times for fish and chips.
Also be sure to ask for the Portuguese menu.
I have eaten off of this several times and found it to be authentic and tasty, especially the bacalao.
Peter & Jean. :o)

1  Thank PRO69
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Lovely meal, great selection on the menu, friendly atmosphere. Would definitely go again next time I'm in Bournemouth.

1  Thank Craig M
Reviewed 19 September 2013

A very nice meal on a Thursday evening out of season. Not too busy but a very nice meal. Typical of the food that I have had when I have been in Portugal.

2  Thank Graham S
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We weren't sure about this restaurant based on the outside of it but it was lovely! There's lots of seating down the back of the restaurant and it had a good atmosphere. There was a good choice of food and it was fairly priced. I had garlic bread (4 big slices so I shared it) then I had rigatoni pasta with broccoli, olives and courgette, I finished it all off with strawberry and chocolate ice cream. I should have had just strawberry ice cream as that was lovely. My partner had steak and chips. I would definitely visit again.
The female waitress was a lot friendlier than the slightly grumpy male waiter!

1  Thank sarah123429