Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$73
eDreamsUS$73
FindHotelUS$73
Agoda.comUS$73
StayForLong
All reviews cottage pie main road minutes walk away hen weekend good size town centre tea and coffee harvester
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I booked up with a hen company for 21 females who placed us at this hotel due to it being one of the only 3* that would take hen party’s. The hotel is nicely refurbished and most importantly its clean, the female staff are all very helpful and happy to help at all times, wish I could say the same for the male staff who are most un pleasant and rude, who should maybe look into a different career NOT in public service.

However once we were given our rooms, I was shocked to see that most of us had a room for 2 people made into a room for 3 or 4 people by ramming a further 1 or 2 camp beds into the already small rooms, which left no floor space to get around the room or get ready, which made this highly uncomfortable and extremely dangerous. And to confirm these camp beds are not nice to sleep on.

The rooms had NO air conditioning or fans so extremely warm to sleep in. It is located on a main road so there is no option but to have the windows open wide so is very noisy to sleep.

However we did have a great weekend, just a shame that making money comes before making sure guests are happy and comfortable.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Stayed here as all B'n'B's in Bournemouth were booked out and I needed a late deal for work purposes. The rooms are actually above a pretty ropey pub and had to check in at a bar where loads of drunken blokes just stared at me while I did so. Got up to the room to find a rather cell like looking room, they've clearly tried to make a bit of an effort with the refurb but the beds are cheap and it still felt very cold. Went to wash my face in the sink to find it was blocked with what was clearly sick. Informed the guy at the bar and he said he would sort but came back to find it hadn't been looked at. Then was kept awake by a generator on the roof outside the window all night. I wouldn't stay there again.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Emma G
Reviewed 7 July 2012

The website looks well presented with some great photos of the rooms.

Sadly we were completely misled.

The first impression was not good at all. You have to check in at the bar on the entrance level. I was left trying to fill in the check in form on a bar covered in beer slops and a leering drunk trying to look over my shoulder.

There isn't adequate sound insulation so the noise from the bar below comes right up into the rooms above. The problem is compounded by the fact that the building has rickety old single glazed windows. As the Hotel is on a busy road the noise is terrible.

The room i stayed in smelt of cigarettes which as a non smoker i found disgusting and irritated my throat.

The result was a poor nights sleep which left me feeling awful the next day.

Probably one of the worst Hotels i've ever had the misfortune to stay in. Absolutely dreadful.

Room tip: I should have gone with my instinct and stayed in a Premier Inn which i normally do which are excellent. Clean and quiet.
Date of stay: July 2012
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Terrobean
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Stayed here for the night last week with my boyfriend as we were going to a concert at the BIC. Great location for central Bournemouth. Ok, you have to check in at a bar, but it is part of a pub. The room was massive, wasn't too impressed that we had two single beds, but turned out to be a very good nights sleep.

Bathroom is big and spacious, but very warm as the radiator had been left on. The TV only seemed to have Sky Sports on it, which my boyfriend wasn't bothered about. The room was clean and tidy and there is nothing to complain about. Breakfast is good as well.

Very good for money. Would go back.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ElizabethN406
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Nothing like the description! We checked in by going into the bar where the poor lone barmaid was serving the customers during a televised football match and trying to check us in over the bar. Thank god we were on the top floor which meant the noise diminished into the background. TV didn't work in the room so after walking down the flights of stairs to ask about it we were told they already knew it didn't work. Hotel very basic but bed comfortable. No hair dryer but didn't bother the decent to go down stairs. Bathroom large and sparse with no curtains but opaque glass. This faced onto the busy road outside so crawled on hands and knees under the low window sill to avoid my misty shaped nakedness being exposed to the population of Bournemouth.
'Boutique'? is that another name for basic, beige walls and brown bedspreads?.....sorry just Booooteek.

Date of stay: April 2012