“Looks great but very poorly run”

Royal Bath Hotel Spa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Looks great but very poorly run”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

I am currently staying at this hotel and whilst the hotel looks fantastic and is very well situated in Bournemouth, the staff managing this place and facilities are poor.
I am paying £65 a night to stay here but did not realise when I arrived that I would have to pay an extra £20 a day to park (oversight on my behalf). The reception staff are not that friendly. 2 of the 3 days I have been here so far the leisure facilities have been closed after 5 which is of no use to someone that's is out working until 5. The food is very basic and I would recommend going into town each night. I ordered whitebait one night which was due to come with Lemon Mayonnaise and they serves it with Tarter Sauce which I can't stand, plus bone dry mushy peas! Rooms are extremely hot and most windows are fixed shut with screws. A change of staff and some room upgrades would see this as a perfect resort.

Visited April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
London, United Kingdom
“Hotel let down by poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Unfortunately the standards of service seem to have dropped remarkably at this hotel since I last visited 10 years ago, particularly in the pool/spa area. The hotel staff (while slow to serve you) do try hard to please. However, the hotel is completely let down the poolside staff who I felt were unwelcoming, badly trained and lacked customer service skills. It is such a shame, as the hotel is in a great location, has good facilities to offer. The hotel has such great potential, but unfortunately they have a long way to go, to correct the poor level of service and management of the pool area, when it comes to its use by the hotel guests.

Visited March 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Does anyone understand the customers?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for past 5 years, however since it has been taken over the standards have been nothing but poor.

We arrived this year to be informed (without notice) that we have to pay £4 for each gym visit!! (Never paid this in 5 years)

Then into the restaurant and I deal with a robotic waiter who has the same level of customer services of a bailiff!!

We paid for a 3 courser so in advance with a set menu of 7 choices and 3 were not available. Two of the other options had a surcharge for the meal, which I explained to the waiter that I would not need to pay if the whole menu was actually available.

The waiters reply was nothing short of poor and actually embarrassed me to the point in front if my business colleagues by saying 'Do you want the main meal or not'? ( How absolutely rude and inappropriate)

My advice if the bath want.'a to retain any level of credibility going forward is too employ staff who;

1. Understand customer needs
2. Listen to the customers
3. Have a level of English education to understand what the guests are actually stating
4. Apply a level a flexibility got customer needs

If I can put this in a nutshell, the bath has gone from being a hotel that hosted royalty to no more than a mediocre hotel on my opinion.

Very sad that the standards have dropped in this once excellent hotel.

2 Thank Highsociety07
Winchester, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Very surprised!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

After reading the reviews, we were slightly worried, but thankfully we were pleasantly surprised!

The exterior was very grand, and the location was perfect. We read that parking wasn't cheap, so used a multistory just next door for £12 for 24 hours, nearly half what the hotel was asking.

The interior matched the outside, and it did feel grand. We felt like we had gone back in time slightly, but to when seaside resort trips were glamorous!

Our room was lovely and had all you needed. Pleasantly surprised to find a balcony and a magnificent seaview, which we hadn't paid extra for! Showers were fine, so ignore the comments about that.

Breakfast the next morning wasn't amazing, but it wasn't bad either.

Unfortunately we didn't have time to use the spa or swimming pool.

Positives:
-Great location
-Lovely sea views
-Good price

Negatives:
-Expensive parking
-Curtains need blackout sheets as we were woken up very early by the sun
-10 am check out is rather early
-They played the whole of Adele's album during breakfast...

Richmond, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“nice hotel, could do with updating, great position”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

We have stayed here several times. It is in a fantastic position right on the seafront, couple hundred yards from BIC and close to the shops.
The hotel itself is looking very tired and in desperate need of a refurb. Stayed on a b & b basis every time and breakfast is nice, not loads to choose from but sufficient, drinks at the bar are very expensive. Prezzo and Chimichangas are just across the road, along with a casino and cinema.

Visited February 2014