“This is a very bad hotel all the staff are a joke my 6year old could run it for them !!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Royal Bath Hotel Spa

Royal Bath Hotel Spa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2010

Booked the de Vera suite for a party no organisation just a joke run by kids over 200 invited to the party and two bar staff just a joke from start to finish

1 Thank Trueboy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Exeter, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“All bad. A terrible weekend. We...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2010

All bad.
A terrible weekend.
We eventually settled for our 4th room after our (booked) room was given away.
The service was slow and inconsistent.
Breakfast was good if you got there early. It took 4 attempts to get some still water and we were looked at in amazement when we asked for more coffee. The waiter actually asked us if we were sure we had not already had enough.
To top the weekend off our car was dented whilst in the 'secure' valet parking. This is apparently not the hotels fault, after several phone calls and emails (and 2 weeks) I am still waiting for a response from either the hotel or head office .
I will not be returning.

2 Thank DeltaMike1664
Oxford
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Pleasant hotel but in need of a refurb. I...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2010

Pleasant hotel but in need of a refurb. I would advise booking a seaview - worth the extra. Rooms are a bit tired, but communal areas (bar etc) nice. Great restaurant (Oscars). Great location (on the front).

Cheshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Tired hotel. Won't be staying again.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2010

I stayed here with colleagues on a business trip mid-week. The entrance and foyer of the hotel is very nice, but the corridors, stairs and most importantly the rooms are very tired. The bar prices are extortionate at £4 for a pint of Worthingtons which would be less than £3 in a local pub. On a plus point, if you ask the barman he'll bring out a little selection of nibbles and the wasabi-coated nuts are delicious.

The worst part, if you're staying in Summer, is the rooms have no air-conditioning. I had to sleep with my window open, on top of the bed, and then the traffic and seagulls woke me up at 5:30am.

1 Thank DanHFromTheNorth
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Hmm- booked a spa break at the de vere...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2010

Hmm- booked a spa break at the de vere, Bournemouth. On paper looks great - but the reality is this hotel has seen better days and needs to up it's game if it wants to compete in the higher end of the luxury hotel / spa market. Our room felt tatty - grotty Burberry check wallpaper, old fittings and an ancient tv. We were unfortunate enough to be in a room on the main road, which was extremely busy - did not sleep til gone 4am because of buses, sirens and the occasional passing drunk and the very creaky hotel floors. On the plus side, the staff are v friendly, in particular the spa staff - it's a shame the noise of people in the pool can disturb treatments - again fault of the building not the staff. The food is good quality, but useless for vegetarians( no, I don't want a stack of very expensive mushrooms as a main). So, all in all, good folk, good food- but needs to shape up if it wants to survive...

3 Thank Sarahinho