“Family short stay”

Ranked #30 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Family short stay”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

As always we chose Premier Inn for value for money and location. We spent a couple of days travelling around and Lynton Court was ideally situated near Boscombe beach (10 minute walk). The room was set up with double bed and two children's bed. Unlike other Premier Inns this was much smaller, about 20 rooms. The rooms are bigger than others we stayed at. They were clean and as always the staff were friendly and welcoming. The pub was excellent and food very good and value for money. All in all, if you are looking for a cheap hotel for a family break then this is an excellent choice.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We stayed here for three nights to take in a concert at the BIC, which is a short bus ride away in the centre of Bournemouth.

The hotel is situated behind the Lynton Court Table Table restaurant along the Christchurch Road with a bus stop almost outside for those who wish to use public transport (there is a free car park at the hotel).

We had room 4 on the first floor which was immaculately clean and had the advantage of opening vents above an opening window (restricted), giving ample ventilation. The bathroom has a bath/shower which is very good although the bath is quite deep which might cause problems to the less agile. This room is on the side of the hotel and is very quiet overlooking the garden and parking area of the adjoining property.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, nothing seemed too much trouble. We had a very nice meal in the Table Table restaurant but would say that service in here is rather slow.

All in all, a very nice place to stay at reasonable prices to take in the surrounding attractions.

Room Tip: Room 4 is light and bright with excellent ventilation and a nice outlook.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank timetraveller294
Weedon Bec, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2013

A really good Premier Inn. It's on a main road but is quiet, although look out for the sign Lynton Court as I didn't see the Premier Inn sign and drove straight past first time. There is a big car park to the rear with plenty of spaces. I had a clean, comfortable and tidy room, and the receptionist was friendly, welcoming and helpful. I used the adjoining restaurant and again the staff were lovely. The food was basic and good value. Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
West Midlands, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We have just got back from Lynton Court Premier Inn Bournemouth East. The hotel is fantastic. The room was very clean and spacious. The bathroom excellent very clean and great shower. We ate in the restaurant and the food and service was excellent. Reception staff at premier were very helpful.

Only one downside is that the signage to say it is a premier inn is not clear from the front. It needs a sign under Lynton Court signage.

We will go back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Lancashire
Reviewed 19 May 2013

By now, I'm becoming quite familiar with the Premier Inn brand and, wishing to take a holiday in the Bournemouth area, I though I'd give this establishment a try, especially as I'd read so many good reviews about it. I've just returned from a stay of six nights and have to record that the only things speclal were the price (high) and the location (good)! I'd done my homework beforehand and could have stayed in a Premier Inn near Christchurch for about 40% less and put up with the inconvenience of having to drive into Bournemouth daily and I'm now wondering if that would have been a better option.

To those looking for a Premier Inn sign from the road, you'll be disappointed and Premier Inn really need to do something about this. It's as if they wish to hide the fact that it's there! The Inn's entrance and car park is behind the Lynton Lodge Table Table Restaurant and has quite a big car park. I received a warm and courteous greeting and was given a key to my room which was to the quiet side of the Inn. A few minutes later, the receptionist was knocking on my door to ask if all was OK and had a supply of extra milk, coffee, tea etc with her. I've never known that before. A nice touch.

On closer inspection of the room, all seemed in order, but I was somewhat surprised with the small size of the TV. For a room of that size and cost, I would have expected something much grander than a 24" TV. To make matters worse, the TV is mounted high on the wall unit and makes it rather difficult to view from anything other than sitting directly underneath it. It had Freeview but with no instructions, it took me a while to work out where everything was. I enclose a photo to illustrate how small the photo looks in relation to the room.

I have a dislike for showers over baths when the shower head is fixed and it needs a bit of a contortionist to set the temperature correctly before directing the water to the shower head. By then, you get a blast of cold water before the warmer setting comes through - most annoying! I also dislike not having a shelf higher up to place my own shampoo and shower gel. I have to place these on the bath edge. On a positive note, the bath towels are very good.

And now to the bed, and my room had the king size ones described by Premier Inn as a "Hypnos Bed, reputed to be the most comfortable in the world". I'm sorry, but I would disagree with that statement. I've recorded this before in another review that in my past, I worked for a premium bedding manufacturer and reported to the technical director. The most comfortable mattress was undoubtedly a pocket sprung type, working in conjunction with a sprung edge divan. To place a quality mattress as Premier Inn do, on a "flat top base" is not my idea of a comfortable bed and I'll disagree with Premier Inn on that point for evermore. It took me four nights out of my six to get used to the bed and I really didn't enjoy the sleep experience at all. By night 5, I was too exhausted anyway and would have slept on a clothesline!

I went into the Table Table bar for a drink on Monday lunchtime but I found the place so cold I was tempted to go and get my coat. I ordered a small glass of fresh orange juice but felt I'd been ripped off a bit as I was charged £1.40! I saw the very same thing for sale in a supermarket (the best freshly squeezed) for £1.70 per litre! So, the mark up in the bar was over 250%! I understand business but that is taking it too far.

On Thursday evening, I though I'd try Table Table for their Lightbite menu. I chose a simple jacket potato with cheese. It was delivered promptly and tasted fine. The price was about right for this sort of establishment. The decor in the dining room seemed rather dated to me and had no character at all. The menu was a little dated as well. No wonder it was a little quiet. I found the staff very pleasant and attentive.

As for the Inn's location, I found that superb. To have a bus stop right outside was a boon. A journey into Bournemouth took no more than 5 or 6 minutes and I could catch buses directly to Poole and Christchurch as well. A change of bus at the Lansdowne enabled me to catch the open topper to Swanage as well. So, a very good location to be in.

My overall summary on this Premier Inn is that I can't quite understand why people rate it so highly. I'm judging it against other Premier Inns and wonder if they're doing the same. It's very pleasant with very attentive staff and in a very good location with lots of free parking but is it worth so much more than other Premier Inns around Bournemouth? I'm wondering!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank BigTLancashire
Sheffield
Reviewed 14 May 2013

My wife and I have stayed at a few Premier Inns now. We know what we will get with a Premier Inn, which is a clean, tidy and decent room with a good bed and bathroom. And all this at a reasonable price.

This hotel certainly did not disappoint. The location was very good, the room was comfortable and quiet and the staff were excellent. Plus, and this is one of the main reasons for staying here for 4 nights in early April, the hotel had a free car park. We left the car in the car park and, when it was raining, caught the bus into town from immediately outside the hotel. We walked when it was dry and were comfortably in the centre of Bournemouth in under 20 minutes.

We had breakfast each morning - excellent food in a very attractive dining area. Again, the staff were great. They checked everything was ok for us and asked if we wanted anything more to eat. Could not have asked for more.

So, this was a great choice in Bournemouth and we would definitely go back if in the area again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OldScarborian
Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

A really lovely premier inn. The staff were very welcoming and helpful both at reception and in the restaurant for dinner and breakfast. Food was also lovely and the rooms were very clean and a nice size. There is a big car park too which always had plenty of spaces free. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely go back! The service was much better than hotels I have paid double the price for and this made the stay even better.

• Stayed May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bournemouth
Premier Inn Bournemouth Westcliff Hotel
Park Central Hotel
Park Central Hotel
#7 of 66 in Bournemouth
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,108 reviews

Been to Premier Inn Bournemouth East (Lynton Court) Hotel? Share your experiences!