“Great place, great staff”

Premier Inn Bournemouth East (Lynton Court) Hotel
Ranked #23 of 67 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Seriously good Premier Inn. Only 20 rooms, so quite why its a Premier Inn I don't know - it doesn't fit at all with the more standard look on the outside, but Premier Inn quality on the inside. Staff were fantastic throughout, knowledgable and as helpful as they could possibly be. 10 minute walk to the beach - via off road footpath for half of it, free parking and plenty of it. Rooms larger than normal Premier Inn fair, and the road noise warning seems pointless - we were out the back, and it was silent.

A superb hotel with fantastic staff in a great location. Job done!

Room Tip: Room 17 is top floor above reception, looking out across the rear car park. Double room but plenty...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Bournemouth East (Lynton Court) Hotel

Reviewed 3 July 2013

just returned from a 3 night stay at the premier inn bournemouth east and had the misfortune to be in room 2 (1st floor) which overlooked the rear above the bins and refridgeration unit which was noisy, especially when the bin men came at 6.15am! it was noisy at night with the bin lids banging and bottles being emptied into the big bins as the bar closes up. there is obscure glass in the room windows so you can't see out of the windows (making the room quite dark) but by standing on the window sill and looking out the top windows the true reason for the obscure glass is clear. food in table table was very nice but service very slow at 6pm on a tues evening.....waited over half hour for our main course for 2 of us (a lady and young daughter had waited an hour as we left and still hadn't had their food) Breakfast lovely but we had continental...there were comments that cooked breakfasts were taking ages. staff very helpful in the hotel, good customer service, pleny of car park space however if you cannot manage stairs you have to walk outside to get to the restaurant which is not great if the weather is wet.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank celia c
Reviewed 29 May 2013

As always we chose Premier Inn for value for money and location. We spent a couple of days travelling around and Lynton Court was ideally situated near Boscombe beach (10 minute walk). The room was set up with double bed and two children's bed. Unlike other Premier Inns this was much smaller, about 20 rooms. The rooms are bigger than others we stayed at. They were clean and as always the staff were friendly and welcoming. The pub was excellent and food very good and value for money. All in all, if you are looking for a cheap hotel for a family break then this is an excellent choice.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We stayed here for three nights to take in a concert at the BIC, which is a short bus ride away in the centre of Bournemouth.

The hotel is situated behind the Lynton Court Table Table restaurant along the Christchurch Road with a bus stop almost outside for those who wish to use public transport (there is a free car park at the hotel).

We had room 4 on the first floor which was immaculately clean and had the advantage of opening vents above an opening window (restricted), giving ample ventilation. The bathroom has a bath/shower which is very good although the bath is quite deep which might cause problems to the less agile. This room is on the side of the hotel and is very quiet overlooking the garden and parking area of the adjoining property.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, nothing seemed too much trouble. We had a very nice meal in the Table Table restaurant but would say that service in here is rather slow.

All in all, a very nice place to stay at reasonable prices to take in the surrounding attractions.

Room Tip: Room 4 is light and bright with excellent ventilation and a nice outlook.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank timetraveller294
Reviewed 20 May 2013

A really good Premier Inn. It's on a main road but is quiet, although look out for the sign Lynton Court as I didn't see the Premier Inn sign and drove straight past first time. There is a big car park to the rear with plenty of spaces. I had a clean, comfortable and tidy room, and the receptionist was friendly, welcoming and helpful. I used the adjoining restaurant and again the staff were lovely. The food was basic and good value. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We have just got back from Lynton Court Premier Inn Bournemouth East. The hotel is fantastic. The room was very clean and spacious. The bathroom excellent very clean and great shower. We ate in the restaurant and the food and service was excellent. Reception staff at premier were very helpful.

Only one downside is that the signage to say it is a premier inn is not clear from the front. It needs a sign under Lynton Court signage.

We will go back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2013

By now, I'm becoming quite familiar with the Premier Inn brand and, wishing to take a holiday in the Bournemouth area, I though I'd give this establishment a try, especially as I'd read so many good reviews about it. I've just returned from a stay of six nights and have to record that the only things speclal were the price (high) and the location (good)! I'd done my homework beforehand and could have stayed in a Premier Inn near Christchurch for about 40% less and put up with the inconvenience of having to drive into Bournemouth daily and I'm now wondering if that would have been a better option.

To those looking for a Premier Inn sign from the road, you'll be disappointed and Premier Inn really need to do something about this. It's as if they wish to hide the fact that it's there! The Inn's entrance and car park is behind the Lynton Lodge Table Table Restaurant and has quite a big car park. I received a warm and courteous greeting and was given a key to my room which was to the quiet side of the Inn. A few minutes later, the receptionist was knocking on my door to ask if all was OK and had a supply of extra milk, coffee, tea etc with her. I've never known that before. A nice touch.

On closer inspection of the room, all seemed in order, but I was somewhat surprised with the small size of the TV. For a room of that size and cost, I would have expected something much grander than a 24" TV. To make matters worse, the TV is mounted high on the wall unit and makes it rather difficult to view from anything other than sitting directly underneath it. It had Freeview but with no instructions, it took me a while to work out where everything was. I enclose a photo to illustrate how small the photo looks in relation to the room.

I have a dislike for showers over baths when the shower head is fixed and it needs a bit of a contortionist to set the temperature correctly before directing the water to the shower head. By then, you get a blast of cold water before the warmer setting comes through - most annoying! I also dislike not having a shelf higher up to place my own shampoo and shower gel. I have to place these on the bath edge. On a positive note, the bath towels are very good.

And now to the bed, and my room had the king size ones described by Premier Inn as a "Hypnos Bed, reputed to be the most comfortable in the world". I'm sorry, but I would disagree with that statement. I've recorded this before in another review that in my past, I worked for a premium bedding manufacturer and reported to the technical director. The most comfortable mattress was undoubtedly a pocket sprung type, working in conjunction with a sprung edge divan. To place a quality mattress as Premier Inn do, on a "flat top base" is not my idea of a comfortable bed and I'll disagree with Premier Inn on that point for evermore. It took me four nights out of my six to get used to the bed and I really didn't enjoy the sleep experience at all. By night 5, I was too exhausted anyway and would have slept on a clothesline!

I went into the Table Table bar for a drink on Monday lunchtime but I found the place so cold I was tempted to go and get my coat. I ordered a small glass of fresh orange juice but felt I'd been ripped off a bit as I was charged £1.40! I saw the very same thing for sale in a supermarket (the best freshly squeezed) for £1.70 per litre! So, the mark up in the bar was over 250%! I understand business but that is taking it too far.

On Thursday evening, I though I'd try Table Table for their Lightbite menu. I chose a simple jacket potato with cheese. It was delivered promptly and tasted fine. The price was about right for this sort of establishment. The decor in the dining room seemed rather dated to me and had no character at all. The menu was a little dated as well. No wonder it was a little quiet. I found the staff very pleasant and attentive.

As for the Inn's location, I found that superb. To have a bus stop right outside was a boon. A journey into Bournemouth took no more than 5 or 6 minutes and I could catch buses directly to Poole and Christchurch as well. A change of bus at the Lansdowne enabled me to catch the open topper to Swanage as well. So, a very good location to be in.

My overall summary on this Premier Inn is that I can't quite understand why people rate it so highly. I'm judging it against other Premier Inns and wonder if they're doing the same. It's very pleasant with very attentive staff and in a very good location with lots of free parking but is it worth so much more than other Premier Inns around Bournemouth? I'm wondering!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo