“An 'OK' stay if you like dogs!”

The Water Garden Hotel
Ranked #58 of 131 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

Booked online so got a better deal. Plenty of parking during my stay. Thought man checking me in was not at all friendly and in fact was rude when I asked him to repeat the breakfast times saying "were you not listening?"!! I asked if I could get a drink and was told no despite it only being 9pm and there were others having a drink. The room was fine, basic decor but fine for the price. The bathroom needed a good deep clean. The breakfast buffet was good but when i was asked what i would like for breakfast (no menus) i asked for poached eggs and was told no they couldn't do those! Why ask me what i would like then?!?! The biggest downside to this place were the owners dogs....two huge things allowed to roam free. There are no signs warning you of this and the entire smells of dog. Not pleasant!!

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Recently stayed at The Water Garden Hotel for 2 nights.From checking in to checking out everything was perfect.The hotel is central to everything Bournemouth has to offer.I booked a single room but was given a small double room,an added bonus.As people have said before the owners Paul and Brenda are a lovely couple and seem to go the extra mile to make your stay a pleasant one.So nice in todays world.I was very impressed that Paul remembered my name when I went for breakfast and always called me by it.A very nice personal touch.So if you are looking for good accommodation at a reasonable price that's central to everything then don't hesitate to book here.
I will definatley be back soon

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in this cute little hotel. Was part of our hen weekend package. We had the whole top floor to outselves. The owners are absolutley lovely, nothing is too much trouble. Great breakfasts, beautiful gardens and great prices on drinks!! Great location, we walked everywhere! Would definately go back again! Two lovely dogs too - Prince and Brandy!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2013

lovely hotel ,really clean & comfortable nothing was to much trouble for the owners what a lovely friendly couple the gardens were a pleasure to sit and have a drink
there was 14 of us staying for a hen weekend
breakfast was great and plenty of it
will be going back again

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Would reccommend this hotel to any one,stayed for the weekend due to a hen party,the owners and there staff were very friendly and made you very welcome nothing was to much trouble,the rooms were very clean and tidy,and the patio area was a pleasure to sit out in due to the beautiful well kept gardens and the bar prices were reasonable,great location would definitely go back .

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel just as I was away for a work related course and did not fancy a long drive , and must admit to being pleasantly surprised . I was only looking for a some where to crash so just looked for a budget hotel. What I found was a extremely was a pleasant surprise.a clean, tidy , friendly and very professional hotel.
The room was very comfortable and clean the service was out standing, I was given a map of the local area which was very helpful. I was asked what time I had to be at my course and offers breakfast early so as I could get away Which I was very nice and freshly cooked. I would highly recommend this hotel to any one

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 29 April 2013

My husband and I had a lovely 2 night bb weekend break at this Hotel. The proprietors Paul and Brenda are a lovely couple, made sure our stay was most enjoyable.
The bedroom was lovely, bed comfortable, some really lovely rooms to relax in. Bar prices reasonable. lovely breakfast.
Paul very knowledgeable about the area. Gave us a map of the town. Walking distance to the town. We went to a very good restaurant. The Mandarin, a very good Chinese in town.
Would highly recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple