“A little Green gem!”

The Water Garden Hotel
The Water Garden Hotel
Ranked #58 of 132 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I stayed here with a 14 of my hens from 21st - 23rd June. We had the whole of the top floor and some rooms the next floor down.

When I booked back in the October Paul and Brenda were very helpful and they didn’t fail on this for our arrival. We arrived in different groups but they took everyone’s details down to ensure they knew who they were sharing with when they arrived later in the day.

We were told a few house rules which are to be expected and were then given a map and details of how to get about. Everywhere is within walking distance although we did take taxis most places in the evening!!

There were two other stag/hen groups there at the same time and I can honestly say you wouldn’t have guessed. Everyone from all parties were very respectful of Paul and Brenda’s home and stuck to all the the rules. Everywhere was spotlessly clean and tidy, beds were very comfortable and the showers were lovely. Excellent standard for the price we paid £37 a night.

Breakfasts were delicious and they would always take time to have a chat with you in the morning even though they were very busy.

Before we left while we were waiting for a taxi we were having a chat with them about their business and only recently in all the years they have been doing it had they had one bad group of stags, they are so dedicated and clearly love what they are doing. They are accommodating to all sorts of visitors be it stag and hens or families or couples. They impressed my mom (who with my dad are regular visitors to Bournemouth for the airshow) that much that they are considering booking with them next time they go... my parents are in their late 60s so just goes to show the hotel appeals to all ages.

Before I finish I would like to point out what a few mean reviewers have mentioned about Paul and Brenda’s dogs. I honestly did not see a problem with it but if you do not like dogs don’t stay then give them a bad review about it after, they clearly state they are there!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Clean, great breakfast, friendly service. Tea and coffee in rooms replenished daily. Let us leave our bags there after check out while we went to the beach. TV remotes only worked very close to the TVs. Good parking space.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank whosforachat
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel this weekend for my hen weekend and can't recommend The Water Garden Hotel and hoteliers Paul and Brenda enough. They were so friendly and made us feel very welcome and couldn't do enough for us. We had the whole of the top floor and a room on the first floor and looked after our every need. There were 17 of us and they booked taxis for us for the It's A Knockout activity and booked adjacent chinese restaurant Ocean City for one of our meals out which I also highly recommend. The garden is absolutely gorgeous and cooked breakfast was good. Hotel is ideally placed and short walking distance to both beach and town centre, bars and restaurants. Everyone really enjoyed their stay and I'm already planning a return trip with the soon to be hubby. Thank you Paul and Brenda for your hospitality :)

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Enjoyed our stay there,excellent breakfast,sets you up for the day.Owners very friendly and helpful.One very minor complaint was my i pad couldn't get broadband in our top floor room,no problem getting broadband downstairs.As I said breakfast was excellent,room very clean,location just a few minutes walk from the town centre,there is an excellent Indian restaurant about 6 min walk away.Garden is lovely.Take no notice of marks for swimming pool and fitness can't undo them

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel for three nights in July 2013.Our hosts Paul and Brenda were very friendly and helpful.Our two single rooms were clean and comfortable although the mattresses were somewhat "lumpy".
The breakfasts were good.the garden display was beautiful.
We were disappointed to find the conservatory with the white suites,shown on the website,no longer existed
All in all a very memorable visit to Bournemouth

We were disappointed to discover that the conservatory with the white furniture,shown on the website,no longer existed.

Room Tip: Mattress in one single room was "lumpy"
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We stayed at this B&B for my hen weekend, fantastic place, very friendly owners and dogs alike! Paul and Brenda were very helpful, perfect breakfast (and coffee for the morning after! ;-) ) Rooms were great for what we needed- we were even given our own floor for all my hen party to stay together!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I stayed in the hotel for a week. For the price I was paying the hotel was wonderful. Especially the hosts were great, hospitality is clearly a very important matter for the staff in this hotel. Sleep quality could be enhanced with better pillows and windows. Sometimes seagulls really disturbed my sleep but not too often. Option to choose different pillows instead of the standard ones would be great.

Room Tip: Room number 15 had perfectly functional WiFi.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business