“Short Stay”

Ranked #62 of 132 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
South Wales
“Short Stay”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Stayed here for three nights.

Owners very friendly and helpful.
Clean and comfortable accomodation.
Off road parking facilities very good.
Very nice beakfast.
Approx 15 to 20 minute walk to town centre and pier.

Only negative for us is that the hotel is on a busy main road. (As we live in a very quiet cul de sac- its a case of what you are use to I suppose).We had a room on the top floor at the front, but you might find a room at the back quieter.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper you may find the rooms and the front noisy as the hotel is on a very busy...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Lovely hotel,Paul and Brenda very friendly. Nice clean room. Lovely breakfast. Good location to both Bournemouth seafront and centre and also Boscombe. Lovely garden for sitting out in and having a drink. They have two dogs which are very friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Brilliant service and great location. Warm welcome and comfy room. Lovely breakfast and staff were all too happy to help. Location is close to everything so fantastic for large groups but also good for families as very quiet, We all had a fantastic weekend and enjoyed our stay

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank cazspencer08
cardiff
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We 21 women Hayley hen party stayed here for two night an met a truly lovely host an hostess . ( paul an brenda )it feels like coming home .it was just a great stay a really impressive place .would of liked a dryer in the room an a shelve in the bathroom but that's just my preference

Room Tip: As its Bournemouth take ear plugs as there's a lot of sea gulls
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Fab weekend with the girls. Delicious breakfast & nice clean rooms. Paul & Brenda are lovely & nothing is too much touble. Whilst they allow stag & hen parties they won't tolerate bad behaviour or disturbance of their other guests. Will definitely return some time in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Benita H
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2013

If you're staying in Bournemouth I don't think you could find a better place to stay. It was just lovely. We recently stayed there for 2 nights and I was really impressed with how comfortable the stay was.

When I first called to book I was told that there was hen party booked and although he didn't expect any issues he wanted me to know. I've never experienced such honesty anywhere I've booked, which I think just sums up how genuine the owners are. While staying there they were lovely to talk to and offered lots of advice.

When we arrived we were warmly welcomed and shown around the hotel before being taken to our room. Although we never took advantage of it there was a really nice lounge/bar and outside area. Our room was of a good size, clean and very comfortable. There was a nice en-suite and plenty of storage space. We even got a wing backed leather chair to unwind in after a long day of driving.

The location was fab being close to both the beach and the town. It was on a fairly busy road being so close to the town but you really don't notice this. There seems to be plenty of parking for the hotel which is a nice bonus.

I'd struggle to pick any faults with this place and those that I could would be more down to my own tastes than the fault of the owners. I think for the price offers exceptionally good value. Just a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Birmingham
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I stayed here with a 14 of my hens from 21st - 23rd June. We had the whole of the top floor and some rooms the next floor down.

When I booked back in the October Paul and Brenda were very helpful and they didn’t fail on this for our arrival. We arrived in different groups but they took everyone’s details down to ensure they knew who they were sharing with when they arrived later in the day.

We were told a few house rules which are to be expected and were then given a map and details of how to get about. Everywhere is within walking distance although we did take taxis most places in the evening!!

There were two other stag/hen groups there at the same time and I can honestly say you wouldn’t have guessed. Everyone from all parties were very respectful of Paul and Brenda’s home and stuck to all the the rules. Everywhere was spotlessly clean and tidy, beds were very comfortable and the showers were lovely. Excellent standard for the price we paid £37 a night.

Breakfasts were delicious and they would always take time to have a chat with you in the morning even though they were very busy.

Before we left while we were waiting for a taxi we were having a chat with them about their business and only recently in all the years they have been doing it had they had one bad group of stags, they are so dedicated and clearly love what they are doing. They are accommodating to all sorts of visitors be it stag and hens or families or couples. They impressed my mom (who with my dad are regular visitors to Bournemouth for the airshow) that much that they are considering booking with them next time they go... my parents are in their late 60s so just goes to show the hotel appeals to all ages.

Before I finish I would like to point out what a few mean reviewers have mentioned about Paul and Brenda’s dogs. I honestly did not see a problem with it but if you do not like dogs don’t stay then give them a bad review about it after, they clearly state they are there!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends