“what a wonderful place :)”

Premier Inn Bournemouth Central Hotel
Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 6 June 2012

just from the pictures i was excited to get there, and i wasnt let down we were given a sea view room with a balcony, the room was large and clean, me and my partner came for a romantic weekend,we spent alot of time in the bar and a lovely chap called lucas and a women called harley were brilliant, what a credit to you. breakfast was lovely. unfortunetly we were next to a noisey family and they kept waking us up, but the staff were brilliant and spoke to them for us, unfortunetly it happened again, but the women on reception gave us a full refund (good night guarentee) we are looking to come back soon, but will request not to be next to a family. i would and am recommending this place to everyone. I LOVE IT! thankyou

Room Tip: sea view room everytime :)
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,649)

Reviewed 6 June 2012

I stayed here with my partner last week for 2 nights. We arrived to check in around 3.30pm in the afternoon...check in seemed to be slow and when I did try to check in the gentleman told me to park my car first and then check in...when I asked about a room with a balcony he said none were available but there may be in a few minutes time!!??? Very confusing....when we did check in we were welcomed by a pleasant lady who advised that all sea facing rooms were taken due to the nice weather(hot & sunny!) but she checked availability and advised us that there was a room which overlooked the town with a balcony...we jumped at the chance and I as so glad we did. The whole hotel is furnished to a very high standard...not your usual Premier Inn at all...very luxurious! One of the lifts was very small and with 2 of us and luggage it was a tight squeeze but the other one had a lot more room. Our room was extremely comfortable and the balcony was huge...at least 15ft x 12ft and we had a side sea view and we could see the balloon when it went up as it was straight in front of our room. The decor was to a very high standard and the shower room was very modern with shower gel and handwash on the walls with a hook to hang your clothes!! The only problem with the room was the TV on the side wall...when sitting on the bed the TV was on the left hand wall and the bracket did not allow the TV to be pulled out from the wall...a very difficult angle to watch TV in comfort. But on the whole the hotel/furnishings etc were fabulous and we are looking forward to going back again. There is a car park round the back of the hotel (Metro) where you can park and then obtain a discount voucher at reception on departure. We parked for 2 days and it cost £11.76 for the 2 days...we paid £78 for 2 nights room only at the hotel on a premier super saver which was a real bargain as it is usually about £80 per night! We did not use the bar or the restaurant so cannot comment.

Room Tip: Ask for room on a high floor as the views are spectacular
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank neopuss
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I stayed here on business as my employer had it's National Conference in the BIC. I was pleasently surprised how nice this hotel was. I thought a Premier Inn would just be, well.. OK. The decor was really nice, everything was very modern and fancy, really liked the restaurant/bar area. The food was great, you have a meal deal for £22 which is a 3 course meal from a set menu (good choices) drink and breakfast. The buffet breakfast was great, lots of choice and fresh food. The hotel is only about a 5 min walk from the beachfront. I was on the 3rd floor and you could see the sea from my hotel room window.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I got what I always expect just a premier inn! Clean and large rooms and always comfortable. It's not the Ritz but you know where you stand with a premier inn really! Its not something you sit there excited about but I am neveru worried about how it will be. The breakfast was coming to the end and wasn't as great as I'd like but it was nice enough! All in all a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I'm from Fiji was in the UK on holiday.
We showed up without a booking at the other Premier Inn in Bournemouth which was fully booked, so the lady at the desk made a call and got us a booking at this Premier Inn. The check in experience was very pleasant and I could not wait to sink into the bath and then their comfy bed. The room was a tad small but it was fine - I was only there to sleep anyway.
Dinner was very nice and choice of wines good (i like my Australian Shiraz). The breakfast was just what a busy tourist needed before a whole day out on the beach.
We stayed at Premier Inns every-time we needed a hotel, bar one time when there wasn't one available. We also stayed at the Premier Inn at Stoke on Trent, Uttoxeter and Stonehenge.
Will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Book in advance and don't just show up at the door like we kept doing....lol!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Nothing to much bother for any of the staff we came in contact with, All very friendly and polite.
We had dinner the first night and it was quite an extensive menu,my grandchildren are 4yrs and 8mths old,the staff were very friendly and helpful toward them. Breakfast was very good ,The bar had a good selection of beers and lagers at reasonable prices. This was the first time we had stayed in a Premier Inn and it was excellent,very good location, easy parking with discount. .Fantastic views from our rooms.Rooms were very clean and all in all we had a fantastic week-end.
Thank you Premier Inn Bournemouth Central. We will definitely come again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel have the best views
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We only stayed here for one night but it is a lovely hotel and very close to the seafront. The previous owners must have spent a lot on modernising it before Whitbreads bought it. The public rooms are super and the bedrooms are very comfortable. We will certainly book it again especially if they keep their prices at the same level.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple