“Another perfect stay at Premier Inn Central Bournemouth”

Premier Inn Bournemouth Central Hotel
Ranked #6 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Horham, United Kingdom
“Another perfect stay at Premier Inn Central Bournemouth”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I have just returned from another great nights stay at this hotel, we have stayed there several times and every time it amazes me how lovely the staff are, so helpful, polite and nothing is too much bother for them.
The hotel is beautiful and so clean, we had see view room , which was great and roomy.

We had dinner in the restaurant again first class.

I am already booking my next break there.

Thank you to all the staff and management for making my weekend perfect

J. Sturgess (Horsham)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
BenFerrier, Manager at Premier Inn Bournemouth Central Hotel, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay so much with us. I actually remember seeing you both on checkout and telling me what a lovely stay you had had. All the team give 100% guest service and nothing is too much trouble, as we want you to come back again and again! I am glad you are able to rate your experience in the restaurant as “first class”! I will be sure to pass this on to the Food & Beverage team they will be delighted to hear such positive feedback! Do come and see us again!
Reception Team Leader

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (570)
Loughton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions.Not your run of the mill premier inn,really first class accomodation,good restaurant and well placed for the town centre and the sea.well kept,clean rooms and cant really fault the food.Staff are friendly and willing to deal with any query that I have had occasion to raise.Well worth the money.

Room Tip: If you are going to eat in the restaurant try to get a window table
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay so much with us. The team work tirelessly to make your experience with us the best it can be with their main goal to have to leaving feeling brilliant - and it looks like we achieved just that! Please come and visit us again it would be our pleasure to have you! With winter soon to be over it will soon be summer again and I’m sure you’ll agree where better to be in the summer than Bournemouth!!
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Great location opposite the Pavillion and a short stroll from the sea front. Within easy walking distance of the BIC too. Parking available either across the road or in the multi-storey to the rear of the hotel. We found all the staff very cheerful, full of smiles and extremely helpful. We were traveling as a family so were given two adjacent rooms on the fourth floor. The family room that slept four was very spacious indeed, and was furnished with a double bed and two proper singles (as opposed to cot beds). The double room next door which the elders stayed in had a double bed and a chaise which presumably converted into a bed, if necessary. Both rooms and indeed the hotel throughout was immaculately clean. Breakfast was an all you can buffet and served in a proper restaurant with a sea view. Very relaxed atmosphere with plenty to choose from whether you prefer a light breakfast or a full cooked English; either which way - great value for money.

Room Tip: Rooms 407 & 408 had great views of the beach and have the benefit of patio doors and a balcony
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay so much with us. Our aim is make sure you leave having had a great stay, a great night’s sleep and above all feeling brilliant and it looks like we achieved just that! We are very lucky that we have such fantastic views of the sea and in the summer it is quite breathtaking. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to all departments including Food & Beverage regarding your enjoyable experience in our restaurant. Please come and visit us again we would love to have you!
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel while I went to visit a sick relative in hospital as I was travelling for over 6 hours I decided to stay over the night, The hotel is lovely it looks nothing like the premier inns advertised on the t.v the rooms are well decorated, the bathroom was lovely I did'nt have a view but then I did'nt spend much time there the only thing that has stopped this hotel getting a higher mark from me is the noise I don't know whether there was a room or something else above me but it was so noisey it sounded like the floor above me we rearranging the furniture and constant scraping and banging meant I did'nt get a decent nights sleep. Apparently they have people patroling the corridors in the evening to make sure there is no noise and if I would of dialled 0 and reported it they would have dealt with it, maybe they don't go all the way down the corridor as I was the end room as I don't know how they could'nt have heard such a racket however, the hotel staff member who checked me out was very apologetic and if I would of listened to the girl at the front desk when checking me in who would have told me about how to report complaints I'm sure I would have had a perfect stay, A very nice budget hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank prettysweetgirl
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, I am so glad in part you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel beyond the standards you were expected. With regard the noise you experienced you are right in saying we do have a team, our nights team, who patrol the hotel regularly to ensure peace is being maintained to enable you have a good night’s sleep. I am extremely sorry on this occasion you were disturbed by the noise coming from above you. The issue will be cascaded to the nights team to ensure checks are made more thoroughly. Being a town centre hotel it is often difficult to counter act external noise but internal noise we should be able to control. I’m glad you found the service on reception satisfactory and I’m glad to hear they handled your as they did. Please don’t let this deter you from coming again soon!
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I used to work in this hotel, 40 years ago, as a management trainee. I lived in a room at the back of the hotel and had longed to stay as a guest. In those days it was The Palace Court Hotel, an Art Deco hotel and one of the finest hotels in Bournemouth, where a morning call meant a maid putting a tray of tea or coffee on your bedside table, white gloved waiters served your meals with silver service and babysitters looked after your children while you visited the theatre next door, which belonged to the hotel. When I worked there, our guests included royalty and the top stars of the day. Having learned it was now a Premier Inn, I was a bit dismayed. I had only ever stayed in one Premier Inn before, just for one night, which was fine and much better than other budget hotels, but the thought of this hotel now being part of a budget chain, left me feeling quite sad and nostalgic for how it used to be. However, I had a pleasant surprise ! I stayed for four nights with my partner and my mother, who was in a disabled room a few doors away. While the hotel was very different to how I remembered it, the Art Deco style was recreated in the furnishings and I even spotted some of the original wall lights in the stair wells. The rooms were comfortable, with very little noise from outside and none from next door, despite there being 3 young children as our neighbours. The reception staff were great, very helpful, especially Sara. Our rooms and public areas were spotless and the restaurant staff were very efficient. We enjoyed all of our meals and we all wished we could take our beds home with us. My only criticism, is that the lighting in the rooms is rather dark, I like to read and had to hold my book directly under the lamp, this was also the case in my mum's room. The trip was to celebrate my birthday and it really was a very happy return. I intend to go back, soon.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Annette D
BenFerrier, Manager at Premier Inn Bournemouth Central Hotel, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Firstly please can I say thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Bournemouth Central and can I say what a wonderful review!! I actually remember checking you in and you telling me a bit about your time working here. How strange but exciting for you to revisit a place you spent so many happy years. The hotels of yesteryear are so hard to live up to, as they were in a league of their own! I remember watching the ITV drama ‘The Grand’ as a child, which was about a top London hotel in the early 1900’s and thinking how beautiful it was, probably why I ended up seeking out a career in the hotel industry! With the constraints Premier Inn faces with modern times moving so quickly and the expectation to deliver such a precise level of branding; in a hotel such as Bournemouth Central with it’s gorgeous art deco interior and never ending history delivering top class service is something we strive to consistently maintain. Our simple aim is for our guests to have a first class experience from the moment they walk through our doors to the moment they leave and I really hope we were able to deliver this to you, as I am sure you did to your guests all those years ago. Please come and see us again I would love to hear more stories as I’m sure Sara and the rest of the team would too!
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I stayed here in November for the weekend with my partner. We had a sea view room with a balcony which was lovely, the view is amazing! The room was very big and the bathroom lovely too. The restaurant is really nice and we both enjoyed our food. We would definitely come again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so pleased to hear you had such an enjoyable stay with us. It is so rewarding to for the team to hear such positive feedback and it really motivates the to work even harder to ensure you have the best stay possible with us!!
We are really lucky to have such a great restaurant located within the hotel. If you come and stay with us again please book a table at reception and subject to availability we can try and get you a table looking out onto the seafront! Definitely a hidden gem!
Marlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Ideal location & good conversion of old Palace Court building by Premier Inn.
We were surprised how very good it all was for a Budget chain hotel. Could not really fault it. Had a most enjoyable & comfortable 3 night stay - very good value too.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and I am delighted we can still live up to the high standards of the hotel from years gone by. We hear so many stories about the hotel from when it was the Old Palace Court as well as The Hilton and we try our very hardest to keep those standards just as high within the parameters we face. Our aim is to have you leaving Bournemouth Central feeling brilliant and hearing feedback such as this is so rewarding for us. Please come and see us again we would be delighted to have you!