“Superb hotel”

Premier Inn Bournemouth Central Hotel
Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 30 October 2010

This is a very superior Premier Inn located in the center of Bournemouth; it was beautifully refurbished a couple of years ago. Our 6th-floor bedroom with a panoramic view of the sea and the pier was spacious with fine décor and a big balcony. The staff was helpful and friendly. (We had a noisy neighbor in an adjacent bedroom with a loud TV after midnight; we called reception and they dealt with the problem immediately.) There is adequate parking on the road at the front of the hotel for loading and unloading and an adjacent parking garage with direct access to the hotel; the discounted parking fee is £6.80 for 24 hours. The dining room and bar are comfortable. The menu is standard Premier Inn plus a couple of dinner specials.
We recommend this hotel very highly indeed; it is by far the best Premier Inn that we have stayed in. A receptionist told us that it is rated number one in the entire chain of Premier Inn.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,650)

Reviewed 8 October 2010

The Hotel is centrally located to all shops and restaurants and very near the beach - you can walk all round without getting your car out of the car park.
The staff were very friendly and knowledable.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2010

Stayed here a long time ago when it was the Hilton. Then it was decrepid, and needed a lot of work. Back then it cost a lot for staying there.
However, decided to stay here when I found it was a Premier Inn, thought if its the same rubbish place then its ok for the Premier prices, however this place is now just so different. Far superiour than any other premier inn. Nothing like the old place it use to be, thank goodness.
Would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2010

My husband booked the hotel for my birthday weekend and what a surprise it was! He had asked for a sea view room when booking and we were given a fantastic family size accommodation with a huge balcony. The view was fabulous and we were directly opposite the pavilion! The rooms were spotlessly clean and the service was great as the staff were very friendly and helpful. The location is great and the shopping centre is only a five minute walk away. We will definitely be returning and I hope it's soon!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2010

We went to the Premier inn having stayed there a few times
We had a family room (2 seperate bedrooms) and were on the 8th floor on the corner overlooking the sea and the gardens.It was the best room we have ever stayed in for views and size.It also had a huge balcony but unfortunatley we couldnt access it as the doors were locked as no partitions have been put in place on the balcony
The breakfast was superb and the staff excellent
There was only one small problem and that is a nasty smell as you enter the reception and it was also there when we went last time
Overall you will struggle to find better at this price

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2010

I stayed here for 3 nights in July with a group of friends, I booked 2 twin rooms through the website & upon arrival I was told I could only have 1 twin room & 1 double room, which wasn’t ideal and considering I had booked the rooms in April, they had plenty of notice of my booking! However, I could not fault the room itself, we managed to get 1 room with a balcony which had lovely views! The decor of the room was lovely, definitely not the usual Premier Inn style which makes this hotel stand out. On the second day, I was charged an extra £183 because I 'hadn’t arrived' at the hotel, yet I had been there for the past 2 days, this did not make sense to me. I spoke to someone from reception & was then passed onto a member of management who all in all were absolutely useless! I was told that it would be refunded before I left the hotel so I went away feeling it had been resolved, however I waited a further 2 weeks before finally contacting them yet again to get my money back. I was told that my booking had somehow been ‘re-booked’. Therefore, if I was to stay at this hotel again, I would ring and make the booking myself and NOT do it through the website. Overall, it is a lovely hotel & I would stay again purely on the bases of the rooms & where it is situated.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2010

This hotel is good for a short break, it is simple in its service and room content. The room we occupied was clean and in a good state of decor, the bathroom was the same but not very well fitted, one thing bring your own toilet brush, there was no toilet brush in the bathroom.
the lifts are a small for the size of the hotel can fit one or to couples at the most.
Breakfast was good. Good position for the beach and town centre.
I would consider staying again, the price was, ok maybe a little on the expensive side.
Have to pay for your parking

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family