“Lovely stay was made very welcome”
Review of Carisbrooke Hotel

Carisbrooke Hotel
Ranked #77 of 134 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed here for the Easter weekend, we arrived Thursday evening and was greeted by a very nice receptionist who gave us lots of information about Bournemouth. Room was a triple room very clean, the on-suite was tiny but adequate it could do with a power shower due to being on the top floor. Breakfast was very nice and the staff very friendly and helpful they didn't mind if you changed your order around a little and would offer you more tea, coffee & toast. This is a lovely little hotel and defiantly would stay here again as it met all our needs, clean room, helpful staff, local to beach, shops,bars and a bonus they have free parking. Only one tip take your hairdryer as not supplied in room but think can borrow from reception.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jackie F

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stayed for the weekend with my son and eight of his friends. Fantastic staff on reception, the manager was as helpful as you could get allowing the boys to order pizza to be eaten in the lovely little bar, the night porter was a great guy. The rooms were very clean and well presented with nice little on suite bathrooms. Breakfast was good with " thankfully unlimited coffee" all in all for the price I would highly recommend this friendly hotel and will be back to stay soon.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Peterj632014
Reviewed 28 March 2014

found hotel on booking.com, reasonably priced. my partner and I often go to Bournemouth for the night and stay in a hotel as it is cheaper than getting a taxi home..Hotel staff were all very polite and hotel is very clean and looks newly decorated. the room we had was again clean, the bed was comfortable, the only down side was the size of the bathroom but as only there for 1 night it met our needs, . Breakfast was pretty good with a choice of cereals but no fruit, but the full English did the job and kept us going til lunch time. would recommend.

Room Tip: room 23 looks out the front but is not too noisy/
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca S
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I stayed here with family over my graduation in Bournemouth. The hotel were happy for us to park there well before our check-in time and made an effort to book us taxis when required. We had booked a combination of room sizes but were all given large family rooms.

My room was freezing through the night and in the morning, but apart from that it was clean tidy and very comfortable with a good sized bathroom.

The staff in the morning did a great breakfast and were very helpful and catered to our needs. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rebecca J
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My husband and myself stayed in this hotel for two nights (9th & 10th of November 2013)
The staff were pleasant, chatty & very helpful. The room was clean and adequate for our needs. Not too spacious but enough room to move around without falling over each other. We only needed it as a base so it was just what we needed. The bed was comfortable & we were on the first floor at the front. We did not experience any noise or disturbance from this position.
Breakfast was good with unlimited tea/coffee and toast, the full English had some items on that I am not a fan of (Hash browns & grilled tomato) I asked for these to be withheld and was asked what I would like them replaced with.
On the minus side ... The car parking spaces are very tight I am a size 8/10 and it was a squeeze to get in and out of the car without the door touching the car at the side of me. They do not serve fruit at breakfast. The bar of the hotel was quite expensive . This probably account why no one uses it very often.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Julie-Dawn13
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I stayed here with 3 friends for one night on a Saturday. We were all impressed with the location of the hotel and warm welcome we recieved. The staff were more than happy for us to use the free parking at the hotel before and after check in/out times.
Our room was spotless and cosy, and breakfast was really good.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2013

My wife and I booked this hotel for 3 nights which tuned out to be a bad move. We arrived on a cold wet Wednesday afternoon and were given a room which slept 3 persons but the beds were pushed so close to the door that you could not open the door fully. Dont know what would happen in the event of a fire! We then found that the room radiators were turned on but stone cold. They remained off morning, noon and night until our last day! The shower room had been refurbished but the shower tray would not drain away. Also, we had only a bath towel each with no hand towels (not good for drying the wife's hair), and there was only a small piece of soap provided, no shower or hair wash. There was'nt even a glass to rinse your teeth. The bed was comfortable enough but the only thing with plus points was the staff and the breakfast.
We would not recommend this hotel for a short stay in Bournemouth when there are so many more to choose from.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank muchacho_13
CBHotel, Owner at Carisbrooke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you for your feedback. It is such a shame that you didn't let us know about any of these issues during your stay as things such as the radiator, shower tray and towels could have been easily rectified and we hope you would have then enjoyed your stay with us more. As many other reviews here and elsewhere online show, our staff are always keen to help and resolve any issues - this ensures that the majority of our guests (as confirmed in other reviews) do enjoy their stay - I am sorry that you did not.