“great steak”

Premier Inn Bournemouth Westcliff Hotel
Ranked #18 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 15 September 2011

we stayed on the 11th and 12th sept. booked online as we always do .
£29.00 per night for two adults . large room . bath and shower, hotel had problems with tv reception in some rooms including ours, moved us to another room with working tv. staff work very hard , bar staff run around and make sure everyone is served . waitresses were very quick to take our food order and we cannot fault the steaks , cooked to perfection 1 rare
1 medium . a great base for getting to know bournemouth. you must go to Chez Freds for the best fish and chips.I do not normally eat the batter but did not leave a scrap. THE BEST FISH & CHIPS I HAVE EVER HAD . fantastic stay will be back before xmas. parking not a problem as plenty of room on clarendon road.

Room Tip: we book online. £29.00 deals. be flexible to get best deal.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
PI_Bournemouth, Guest Relations Manager at Premier Inn Bournemouth Westcliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2016

I am delighted to read that your experience at Premier Inn Bournemouth Westcliff met your expectations and that you had an amazing stay It is truly wonderful to know how much you enjoyed your time with us. I will certainly share your review with our team. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 11 September 2011

It turns out that if you book online to stay at this Premier Inn, you are automatically given a 'small double' with a shower rather than a bath. You would not squeeze Lenny Henry into this room!
It seems that if you want a bath in your room, you have to ring the hotel after you have made the online booking and request one!!! I've never had this issue with Premier Inns before. I stay in them frequently for work and have always been given a room with a bath. A bath is an essential element for me for medical reasons, but I don't regard myself as needing a disabled room. I just expect that if I book a room with a bathroom I will get one. As the hotel was full I was stuck with the shower floor for my 'bath'. Not nice and left me in considerable pain.
If however you prefer a shower it had to be said that it was spotlessly clean and had good water pressure.

'Small' is a generous term for a pigmy sized room. There was less than 8 inches between the end of the bed and the desk and that space was partially obstructed by a chair! If you are the kind of person who gets up in the night to use the bathroom you won't want to sleep on that side of the bed!

The curtains weren't the usual Premier Inn standard of completely covering the window to prevent light ingress. Light came in at top and bottom, so take an eye mask.

The heating/cooling system is either 'off' or blowing a noisy gale. On a muggy night it was a choice of cooking or sleeping next to what sounded like a jet engine. Sufficient to say I didn't sleep and got up the next morning looking and feeling like a very grumpy dememtor. Not the best start to my day.

The highly priced breakfast was a disaster. The plate warmer hadn't been switched on, the eggs, bacon, mushrooms were all cold. There were no labels on the juices so selecting one was a bit like Russian roulette. The coffee machine didn't seem to be capable of more than half a cup of coffee and the toaster had two settings - burnt or raw.

On the positive side, the staff we spoke with were friendly, welcoming and polite although the issues with the online booking system had put them in an awkward situation as I was very angry. My mood wasn't improved when it took two replacement key cards to get my daughter into her room.

The hotel was extremely clean and although we were mid way along a corridor, we didn't experience any noise issues from other guests. Parking is an issue but the staff provide a map showing other 'on street' parking areas for guests to use.

So would I use the hotel again. The answer is yes, but I would book directly and insist that I have a room of the type shown in the photos! I would aim to arrive early to get a space in the car park and I would NEVER have breakfast there.

Room Tip: Phone and tell the hotel what you want rather than trusting the website.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank TwinkleyAngel

Reviewed 5 September 2011

Good location, clean, friendly and great food.
Breakfast is well worth the money and if you are staying with children they eat free.

Room Tip: Very Clean and comfortable
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
PI_Bournemouth, Director of Sales at Premier Inn Bournemouth Westcliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2016

Reviewed 5 September 2011

We stayed over the August bank Holiday weekend, it was very busy, but the staff - particularly in the restaurant were very accommodating and cheerful despite the pressure they were under to cope with the large number of families with kids who were staying there. Parking is limited on site - but actually there is ample free parking within 200 metres in safe residential streets.

1  Thank Hammerschmidt

Reviewed 4 September 2011

Hotel is situated behind large student accomodation so could not open window( very noisy all night ).
The double room was more like a cubicle ( with no bath ).
Restraunt was just a place for noisy people to get drunk ( not a family envioroment ).
Food order kept coming wrong due to foreign staff not understanding what i was saying.
Ratio of 4 rooms to 1 parking space so had to park nearly 1 mile away and walk to the hotel ( in the rain ).
Breakfast horrible, food available was help yourself and when there was actually any there it was burnt.
Overall very very dissapointed and as we stay at a Premierinn at least once every 2 months this has really made us think about taking our business elsewhere.
If you want a good expeience go to the Southsea Premierinn.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a family room even if your on your own otherwise you will be given a cupboard siz...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Premier_Inn, Social Media at Premier Inn Bournemouth Westcliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2011

Many thanks for your review. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated by the Management Team at this hotel. Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 3 September 2011

Not the best, the room was small and cramped, the air unit was huge and noisey, but if you opened the window you had constant road noise, the restaurant where the buffet breakfast is servered is far too small for the hotel, and as it had no windows was like eating your breakfast in a cellar. A long walk to town and a long walk to the beach!, and not cheap either!. On the plus side, it was the usual premier inn high standard of cleanliness and polite staff.

Room Tip: Definately ask for one at the back!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank G3KMC

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 31 August 2011

Stayed here over a weekend with my family and I have to say this a great hotel with its own restaurant downstairs which is great for families.
Situated in a quiet part of Bournemouth and a short walk to the city centre and beach (1 mile max).
Lovely meal in the restaurant and the staff were very pleseant and accomadating.
Rooms very clean and large. Good value for money.
We will return.