“Could not fault - extremely good”

Premier Inn Bournemouth Westcliff Hotel
Ranked #22 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Could not fault - extremely good”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed here as a business traveller for one night. I have not stayed in a Premier Inn before as I tend to shy away from the 'budget' hotels but due to budget constraints I picked this hotel. It was great! Spotlessly clean - I mean REALLY clean. The room was small but well thought out and had all facilities you would expect. The shower was lovely and powerful, the lighting good, heating good (it was a cold night), comfortable bed and good sized flat screen TV with plenty of channels. I ate in the Thyme restaurant in the evening, had the risotto with chicken and it was beautiful; the staff were very attentive. Breakfast was really lovely with lots of choice and Costa coffee to boot. The only reason I haven't given it 5 stars is because I was miffed I had to pay £5 to use the car park which as a resident this should really be covered in the room charge I feel. Other than this I really can't pick fault with this hotel and if visiting Bournemouth again would have no hesitation in staying here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Kate W, Guest Relations Manager at Premier Inn Bournemouth Westcliff Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for your lovely review. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Telford
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stopped here for a long weekend. It is ideally located about 10 to 15 minutes walk from Bournemouth centre. The hotel is clean and the staff are friendly. The parking is not ideal as it is very limited, but Premier Inn did email us to warn us in advance and sent a PDF attachment showing nearby free on road parking. The biggest disappointment was the extremely firm mattress in our room, which gave us back ache after 3 nights.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your compliments regarding our hotel and staff. I am sorry the mattress was not to your liking. Thank you for your review.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Comfy hotel and friendly staff. Location was fine for what we wanted - just a short walk into town, and there are lots of bars closer than town as well. We're from London so spending £5 a night for parking in the hotels small car park was not a suprise for us!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for writting a review for our hotel and for recommending us. I am happy you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, we hope to see you again soon.
Seaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This has got to be one of the best Premier Inns we have stayed in for cleanliness and standard of housekeeping. We spent 6 nights here and could not fault the daily servicing of the room which was better than we have experienced in 4-star hotels, and we got an excellent deal here of £25 p.n. Hallways and public areas were also kept very clean. We were on the 4th floor, by request, and had a room at the rear which, although didn't get any sun, was quiet, whereas the front faces onto a busy main road. We found all the staff to be friendly and helpful. We had breakfast in the restaurant a couple of times, when the availablity was excellent, the food was hot, and the restaurant is very pleasant. There is quite a large car park and we had no problem parking during the week, yes it was fairly full by the Friday evening, and there is a £5 a day charge, but this compares favourably with other hotels we have stayed in.
My husband thought the bed was on the hard side for him, but I didn't have a problem with this, and, as in so many hotels these days, the air conditioning/heating unit is fairly difficult to get right - on it was quite noisy, and hard to maintain the required heat, but the room itself was quite warm and so we just turned it off altogether.
It is conveniently situated about a 10 minute walk into the centre of Bournemouth - a little longer coming back as it's uphill, but not too bad!
We will definitely stay here again and would not hesitate in recommending it.

Room Tip: The back is quieter as fronts onto busy main road, but doesn't get any sun.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Kate W, Guest Relations Manager at Premier Inn Bournemouth Westcliff Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for such a lovely review. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would recommend our hotel. Thank you for all your compliments, we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Falmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

A well situated hotel for town and beaches and promenade. Hotel was very clean and presentable.Also very comfortable. Our room was on the third floor No 318 and was very quiet and was I think at the rear of hotel so no road noise.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your review. I am very happy to hear you found our hotel comfortable. I hope you will visit again soon.
dawlish
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Booked six rooms to celebrate an anniversary, room clean and well maintained could have been bigger but definitely a superior budget hotel with deep pile carpets. Staff fabulous as soon as you request something within a couple of minutes they were at the door. Very friendly professional manner wouldn't look out of place in a 4 star, really made the stay feel special. Great location with a 10 minute walk into the centre but £5 per 24 hours parking at this time of year really isn't what you expect of a Premier Lodge, maybe in the summer so to control parking but not at this time of year, lots of free parking nearby. Lovely breakfast but expansive if you have a group, should be a sliding scale of charges so more people equals a cheaper price per person. Did find that the mattress was too hard so would recommend that they have a facility on their booking form so you can request soft or hard mattress. Pillows comfy and clean. Didn't use the restaurant in the evening. Good sound proofing but was disturbed on the second night as was most others in our party when I brought it to the attention of the staff in the morning received a no quibble refund. No argument just a quick refund. Staff are a credit to Premier Lodge

Room Tip: Road at front can get busy so ask for a room at rear so you can leave the window open
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jonathan r
Kate W, Guest Relations Manager at Premier Inn Bournemouth Westcliff Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for your review and all your lovely compliments regarding our staff. I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that you were disturbed by noise, but glad that our staff were able to resolve this problem for you. We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

We are regular users of the premier inn all round the country as we travel a lot for my daughters dancing, after we arrived for a weekend stay at westcliffe i was surprised to find a parking charge of £5 for 24 hours which I think is disgraceful! When I am paying £141 for a weekend stay.

When we arrived in our room we noticed the carpet was wet in a lot of places and a fairly strong odour of carpet shampoo. On complaining I was offered a refund of one night but I still think it is bad form from a "Premiere Inn". Also the heater in the room was not functioning so had to ask for an additional heater.

The breakfast was as good as it always is and no complaints so far with the restaurant I can only hope the carpet has dried out when we return for our second night.

Despite the staff's efforts and the refund I will not stay at this site again due to the parking charges it's just another way to make money!

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Regularuser18
I'm sorry to hear you would not stay at our hotel again due to the car parking charges. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I am glad you enjoyed your breakfast and that our staff were able to help you regarding the carpet and the heater.