“HORRIBLE FOOD”

Dining options: Reservations
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“HORRIBLE FOOD”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My mother in law stayed at this hotel last week and invited 7 family members to dinner on Saturday night.The buffet food was appaulling.The mushroom soup was tasteless and all the main courses had very low quality meat.I didn't eat anythiing (neither did my daughter and her boyfriend) other than the pudding which was quite good.I think it came from Iceland.And it cost £15 per head.We won't be going again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Dorset, United Kingdom
“Disappointing - Hotel in Decline”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Had Sunday evening dinner here. Once claimed to be the best hotel in Bournemouth, seems to have declined since Britannia Group took it over. Very slow in answering phone when making reservation.
When we arrived, there was no porter to take our coats. In the Oscar's Brasserie, the Maitre d' was not welcoming, but rather perfunctory, had to drape our coats over restaurant railings.
There was a buffet self-service meal with 3 courses. Food was alright, but nothing special, could help yourself to as much as you wanted. Room was cavernous, lacking in character.
Rather sad after its previous history.

Bournemouth
“Avoid the food”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We booked a meal from groupon at this hotel, the reception was non existent, we were left to keep our soaking wet coats in the dining room. the food was luke warm, badly cooked and had no discernible flavour, in short it was inedible.

2 Thank peter d
Poole
“Good value”
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Used the groupon deal for a meal for two with a bottle of wine. 4 of us went and had a red and white wine which was very drinkable. Food tasty and well cooked. Not an occasion as it was buffet and it was a very busy Saturday however a good night out with selection of about four meals per course. Would do it again. Staff few but helpfull and polite.

Grays Thurrock, United Kingdom
“chef needs imagination”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

really liked the hotel (apart from the price of the beer and no ale, this is England, we don't all drink lager) the room was good but the 'gala' meal on the Saturday was a real let down, there was no veggie 'option' on the menu so when the chicken arrived I told the waitress I was vegetarian but she gave me the chicken anyway. I asked three more times what the option was but no one knew, when everyone else was served (last as usual) the mushroom risotto arrived, is this all chefs can think of to give veggies, and it was horrible, I could only eat the mushrooms. To be fair I was told the chef could 'do me something with a potato' but everyone had finished their meal by then. Apart from this the Holiday Shop and hotel gave us a really good weekend

1 Thank hungryveggie072