“Excellent venue”

Bournemouth International Centre
Ranked #6 of 69 things to do in Bournemouth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Set in the heart of Bournemouth, with panoramic views across the bay, Bournemouth International Centre is the South Coast's premier conference, exhibition, entertainment, and hospitality venue, with licensed capacity for up to 10,000 visitors. Four main halls and a variety of smaller meeting and hospitality areas can be blended and scaled to host events such as multi-hall conferences, exhibitions, banquets, meetings, music concerts, dance and comedy performances. Cafes, bars, a seasonal ice and roller rinks and art exhibition space also feature at the venue - see website for details
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Stairs / lift, Wheelchair access
Bristol, United Kingdom
105 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 140 helpful votes
“Excellent venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

First time I've been to the bic so was not sure what to expect from a smaller venue ( normally goto Wembley arena ) we found it was excellent, all the staff work well and everything runs smoothly. To top it off they even served thatchers gold.
As for the show lee Evans was excellent.
I would recommend this venue and will be using it again.

• Korean first
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Monster Creepy Crawlies”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I visited this attraction last Thursday with my Mum and my two children aged 8 and 5. It was a big disappointment :-( The creepy Crawlies looked Ok but the surroundings didn't seem very well set up and my 5 year old couldn't see some of the higher up things as there was only one block to stand on. The strange water feature and the loose carpeting is a real concern for those less firm footed.. The activities on the way out looked tired and were missing parts. Overall it wasn't a great time and my two weren't very impressed. I hate to say it but I would suggest people don't bother :-/

2 Thank Sj1981
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Go behind the scenes and do the tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

As a child, i remember the BIC being built. The tour lasted a good 90 mins, and our guide, Christian, was so friendly and helpful. I was accompanied with my eldest son, 13, who found it fascinating. We got to go round the entire building, even up in the roof. Highly recommended for anyone who has an interest in theatres, performance and architecture.

Beware there are a fair few stairs though

10/10 for value and content

Bournemouth
“Monster creepy crawlies exhibition - could have been better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I took my 3 and 5 year old to this exhibition mid August. The children had a great sense of anticipation as they walked into the mood lit, smokey, well decorated room holding the main exhibition. The children loved the huge mini-beast models and were excited when a few of them moved. They also enjoyed seeing the real life mini-beasts and playing in the interactive area. From a young child's point of view the exhibition is "good". As a parent I was quite dissapointed. There was nothing really interactive in the main model area that the children could learn for themselves apart from seeing, everything on the information boards had to be read to the children. One of the water displays was leaking and there was still only one step stool by the real animals to enable my 3 year old to view (only 6 real animal glass displays in total). The interactive area outside the main room allowed the children to get involved but the microscopes weren't working properly and it was all starting to look tired. I didn't see any touch screens as advertised. My 5 year old was also dissapointed that there wasn't a model display for the butterfly just a display board in the interactive area?
I think the exhibition was a missed education opportunity
for young people and could have been much better thought through and delivered. Luckily the children did enjoy attending.

Visited August 2014
BHLive, Manager at Bournemouth International Centre, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for your comments. We are pleased your children enjoyed the exhibition but sorry you were disappointed and will take on board your feedback for future exhibitions. Our technical team is checking out the things you mentioned including the microscopes and water area. We do hope you and your family will return to future events and we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Bournemouth International Centre. G. Collins Event Sales & Marketing Manager
Bath, United Kingdom
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great venue for concerts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Quite a small venue for concerts so not exactly up close and personal but you get a great view. I've only been to concerts but would recommend