“Great hotel for a budget weekend away!!”
Review of West Cliff Inn

West Cliff Inn
Ranked #50 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I have just spent the weekend at this hotel with a group of my friends. The great price, lovely location and clean modern deco attracted us here. Having stayed in many budget hotels in my time, this is definitely one of the best and worth every penny spent. The staff were very friendly and accommodating and made our stay very pleasant. We are planning another weekend away next month and have already booked our stay here!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
15  Thank Clarissa H

Reviewed 13 March 2012

Had great weekend in Bournemouth. We stayed at the West Cliff Inn. Well ran establishment with very helpful and friendly staff. Had no complaints. We were looked after. Modern, clean and comfortable rooms. Would definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
13  Thank Patricia H
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I traveled from Pisa to Bournemouth last January to visit friends and they advised me to stay at the West Cliff Inn. I must say it was the best advice I have ever received in my life. The staff at the West Cliff Inn were all very friendly and extremely helpful. I used to get a drink every night before meeting my friends and the manager would always stop his job and have a nice chat with me. Even though I was travelling solo, I did not feel lonely as all the staff were ready to make me feel welcome.
They serve a really nice and hot English breakfast, but if you're not used to eating eggs and bacon in the morning, they offer a choice of cereals, friut salad, cheese. As I am italian and not very fond of a full English breakfast, I would suggest them to serve a choice of cakes as well. I had a double room for a really good deal and it was nicely decorated, very clean, you could see that the hotel is brand new, from the curtains to the tiles on the floor. Last, but not the least, the location is ideal, there is a short walk to a green area on the top of the cliff with a spectacular view of the sea, every morning I used to take a walk there. You can easily reach the beach or the town centre from the hotel. I can recommend this hotel to anyone without any shadow of doubt. Serena S.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
11  Thank SerenaS42
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I too had money deducted from my card which I did not know about.

To be fair we did cancel our booking after we had made it, however, when we phoned to inform them of this they did not at any stage say there would be any charge. In fact they stated the exact opposite and then charged my card anyway.

Very short sited, we visit Bournemouth 3/4 times a year, we would definietly have rebooked (maybe more than once if we had liked their facilities) had they not lied about taking money.

We will now stay well clear.

I agree with other below - do not give you card details in advance unless you want them charging without your knowledge/permission.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank NewForestLady99
WestCliffInn, Manager at West Cliff Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

We at the West Cliff Inn do not charge unauthorised credit or debit card unless the customer books advance purchase rate which is 45% discounted and is sold as prepayment booking and is sold through the hotel web site and agents where it is clearly pointed out to the customer that they are booking a prepaid room, we also offer rooms on standard rate which is our normal price rooms and have a cancellation policy attached with it. Customer always has the chaise to book rooms that they feel is best suited to them.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

Have just had a great weekend away in Bournemouth with my daughter, stayed at The West Cliff Inn, warm, friendly welcome from the staff, plenty of FREE parking space, free wifi - which pleased my daughter very much! A lovely, modern, fresh room with all the useful things which you do not get in the budget hotel chains, tea / coffee facilities, ironing board / hair dryer - important for girls away from home! and a modern,flat screen TV. Bathroom was clean and of a good size. I would and will be, recommending this hotel to friends.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank AmberWiltshire
Reviewed 11 March 2012

This hotel booking was made for me by my employer due to it's competitive rates for me to stay in whilst attending a training course in Bouremouth. The hotel is brilliant, I have stayed there for leisure visits to B'mth before and recommended it to my employer for this reason. The hotel is good value for money, has a fantastic bar to relax in after a hard day with very reasonable prices, I am always made to feel welcome by the friendly staff & found the room clean, comfortable and stylish. The free parking and free wifi is an absolute bonus. I will be recommending the hotel to friends & certainly intend to return again soon myself.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
13  Thank Vezzerelli
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I have stayed at the West Cliff Inn on several occassions and have yet to be disappointed. Me and my partner recently revisited Bournemouth and stayed at the West Cliff Inn, we decided that this is our must stay spot when we come here.

The room is always spotless and crisp, the staff very welcoming and helpful, restaurant produces excellent food and the bar is always well stocked with a relaxed and fun atmosphere.
It is the ideal base to explore Bournemouth being close to the main beach attractions and the BIC, within walking distance of the shops and clubs.

I have stayed at many other hotels in the area and the West Cliff is the only one I have been back to. For all of the above reasons and the amazing value for money too

Overall we think this is one the best hotels in Bournemouth and believe you must come and stay if you want a pleasent relaxed atmosphere

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple