West Cliff Inn
  • Beachfront
Durley Grange Hotel(Bournemouth)
The Connaught Lodge(Bournemouth)
View Hotel
All reviewswest clifftea coffee facilitiesgood sizepleasant staytown centreshort stayfree car parkingtwin roomsea frontwestcliffbicseafront
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 March 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here for 3 nights. We had hoped for a relaxing break, however we were kept awake every night by other guests playing lound music, shouting and slamming doors. This went on until 3am every night! The receptionists did not seem concerned by this when I mentioned it to them. If you stay here ask for a room on a high floor as our room was directly over the bar which was noisy.

On the bright side the room was faily clean (except the toliet), however 2 of the 4 pillows had no pillowcases and our towels weren't changed at all. There were no toiletries in the bathroom except 1 tiny bar of soap. The restaurant wasn't open for evening meals and breakfast was £12 per person - very expensive.

There aren't enough parking spaces for the number of rooms and we had trouble parking.

This hotel should have a 2 star rating. It does not deserve 3 stars. We would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which is not above the entrance or the bar.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Gillian L
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I was visiting Bournemouth for a conference for 3 days when I stayed at this hotel. It is about 10 min walk from Bournemouth International Centre and the town centre. It was extremely cheap compared to other hotels in the area and very good value for money. The rooms might be a bit small but looked recently renovated and nicely done. The room did not come with breakfast but their was a healthy supply of tea and coffee in the room. The staff at the reception were very polite and willing to help. There were a few down sides that the hotel can improve on. It would have been really nice if there was complementary shampoo and shower gel in the shower and the iron that was provided in the room was not working.
Overall I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and it offered me what I paid for.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank nmitsides1
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Very conveinient hotel for both the centre of Bournemouth and the surrounding area. The hotel was 10 mins walk from the centre of town with free parking. We had a lovely warm room with everything you could need. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful and the room was good value for money. It made a great weekend break.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Amy684
Reviewed 14 March 2013

My husband booked this hotel for us for 2 nights last weekend. The room was the smallest ive ever been put in, the bathroom was a good size snd appeared to be fairly clean, except for the toilet which was disgusting.we decided to make the best of it and went out for the rest of the day. On returning to our room , there was a group of lads having a party in one of the rooms along the hall way.The receptionist eventually put a stop to it and they went out. About 3 am they woke us again.we didn't stay for our second night. Would I stay again? No.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Deb085
Reviewed 27 February 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com