“Never again!!!”

Ranked #54 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Never again!!!”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We had pre-booked and pre-paid to stay at the West Cliff Inn for two nights whilst attending a friend's wedding in a nearby hotel. All I can say is 'never again!!!' The room was small and cramped, although I had previously read that rooms were small. Rooms were not that clean, although the linen was. However, when I investigated the mattress it was far from clean!!! We were directly above the bar and on the main road. When we arrived at 5pm we could hear a couple arguing in the room opposite, At 5am the argument was still ongoing! The noise from the road outside was dreadful, with clubbers passing by shouting abuse. Whenever anyone went to the toilet in the surrounding rooms you could hear everything. The man next door obviously had no problems sleeping as his snoring was quite apparent in our room. By 5am we had had enough having had no sleep whatsoever!!! needless to say I was on my phone booking a room in another hotel, for our second nights stay, far, far away from this dump - in fact this 'hotel' had more of a hostel feel to it. By 8.30am we had packed our bags, checked out and escaped from our nightmare. In fact when we handed the key in, the receptionist wasn't even aware that we should have been there for two nights, I was so pleased to be leaving that I didn't even stop to inform them of our dreadful night and that we had lost our money for the second nights stay. Had I been staying at this hotel alone, I would have been scared to go onto the corrider at night to go and complain at reception due to the variuos arguments taking place outside our door and in surrounding rooms. This whole experience spoilt what should have been a pleasant weekend in Bournemouth. Thankfully the next B&B couldnt have been more hospitable and allowed us to check in at 9am the following morning!

Room Tip: Don't choose any of their rooms!
3 Thank Heather G
WestCliffInn, Receptionist at West Cliff Inn, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Dear Heather
I am so sorry to hear your stay was so unpleasant. We appreciate your comments and will take them into account to improve our service.
However, I wish you had informed reception about the noise and how bad a night you were having, so we could have changed you to a quieter room.

Thanks for your comments

Rocio
Reception.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Waterlooville, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2013

As the PRO for a Barbershop Chorus I recently organised for the chorus to stay at the WestCliff Inn Hotel, over the May Bank holiday 2013. As a group, with partners, we were 42 strong. All of those who I arranged to stay wish to pass on their thanks to Mansoor, his brother and their staff. Rooms were very comfortable and with just a short walk to the centre we found it ideally placed for the BIC and shops. Car parking was not an issue as the hotel has reasonable front and rear car parking spaces along with off road parking to the rear. The breakfast was plentiful and of a good standard. The Bar was well stocked and very reasonable in pricing. Would we stay again? There is no question about that as there was a big yes from my chorus members. Thanks again from Solent City Chorus.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Andrew W
WestCliffInn, Receptionist at West Cliff Inn, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review.
It was wonderful having you here and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

UK
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Was a pleasant stay, with friendly staff on reception who were very helpful. Single room was narrow but enough room to move, bathroom and sleeping area very clean and tidy, bed comfortable, all basics supplied inc hair-dryer, ironing board/iron etc. Breakfast was absolutely fine. The room was at front next to main road so some traffic noise, but not too bad. Would definitely stay again and found it to be great value on a very busy bank holiday weekend.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Lewis6203
Thank you very much for your kind review.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Well what can i say but fantastic, fun and highly recommend..
Stayed at this hotel for 3 days and had exceptionally good treatment from the owners.
Their service was above and beyond any hotel i have stayed in..because of 24 hr reception they also kept the bar open for us til we went to bed.. They recommended takeaways and supplied us with plates and cutlery at no extra cost..
The rooms are clean and tidy, not far from the center of town..
I would definately stay at this hotel everytime i go to bournemouth just for the hospitality alone..

Room Tip: rooms to the back are quieter..
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank nov000
Thank you very much for your kind review.
We are happy your stay was pleasant and are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Gravesend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I went here for a birthday weekend and had an amazing stay. Honestly great value for money one of the best hotels I have visited in the price range. Staff were friendly always smiling and very welcoming. For the value of the room I was surprised at the room as it was decent and I was expecting less when I originally booked. Cleanliness was very good also i had no complaints what so ever. Location is ideal, short walk from town center/beach everything was more or less in walking reach. Will be back again as I was very impressed indeed.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank dom_black12
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I have just come back from 2 nights here ... there was a lovely welcoming man at reception upon arriving and to be honest he was there most of the time he was very helpful and very friendly later on in the stay another ( larger ) man with glasses appeared he was very rude wouldn't speak and when we asked for more milk he said if its to hand you can have it if not then im afraid not..!!! this man weather hes the owner or not needs to stop working there as if it wasn't for the friendly man this would be a poor rating .. the room was ok nothing special but I got it on a late deal and got it cheap and it was the economy room I certainly wouldn't pay full price for it though , the on suite was fab lovely shower and very tidy ... we didn't eat here though so cant comment on that .. plenty of parking and only short walk into town and to the beach , there is also a lift but there is only steps into the hotel and once getting out the lift theres a couple of steps so no good for disabled people .. when checking out the miserable man was on reception watching something on a device or telly we gave they key back and said thank you very much he just took they key and went back to watching telly we said do we need to sign anything he replied no and put his head back down , there was no thank you for your stay or nothing I wish I got there names and the skinny man was fantastic very friendly

Room Tip: don't go for economy unless its a young ones drinking weekend away as they wouldn't notice...
2 Thank Sharlotte C
London
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I arrived on tuesday night, the hotel was suprisingly busy and was greeted very warmly at reception, check in was quick. Upon entering the room I was taken aback at how small it was and having stayed here before, knew most of the rooms were bigger than this. I rang reception and they were so nice, and didnt make me feel embarrassed at all at requesting a room change - not something i had ever done before. They changed my keys and rang me shortly after to make sure the room was okay. This is a well located hotel with a lovely foyer and lounge area. We were really impressed with the staff and customer service and based on this alone we will definitely be back!

7 Thank Garry R