“Lovely stay”

Ranked #54 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

A pleasant surprise I must say I've stayed in quite a few hotels in Bournemouth before and I've often found its hit or miss and when I saw the rather old looking corridors which were a bit maze like I was apprehensive about our room but when we got in there I was taken aback by how nice and big it was. A lovely double bed, clean, Lots of windows, great for this heatwave we've be having a clean bathroom and shower and even a space to do the ironing and the tea making facilities which are always a must in any hotel I feel. The t.v was widescreen and modern and the staff were friendly and helpful. Booking in and out was a piece of cake. Overall highly recommended and I'd gladly stay there again. The location also is very good and it thankfully seems to avoid the horrendous stag and hen dos that plague other hotels in Bournemouth. Well done West Cliff Inn!

4 Thank Writerboy
WestCliffInn, Receptionist at West Cliff Inn, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review, we really appreciate your comments.
Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Rocio.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

I'm at a loss that there are guests who have allegedly rated this hotel favourable?!. It is a very poor quality hotel that sadly appears to be run too economically at the detriment of its patrons! Grubby bathroom, limited towels, cheep linen, no toiletries etc.
The bedrooms are cramped closely together, the walls are paper thin & we heard every single noise by other occupants. In fairness if people had levitated the creaking old floorboards would still vibrate. Embarrassingly, throughout the night we were aware at all times when bathrooms were being used and had to endure the sound of poor plumbing & couples copulating.
We telephoned twice to speak to the manager to assist with the noise level from occupants in the room above. We requested an alternative room but apparently none were available.
My husband & I are well travelled professional people. The manager was at all times smug & argumentative, neither offering value for money, empathy or an apology at any stage. He stated he never provides any type of refund even though we had paid extra for a quiet room? He was defensive stating we were screaming at him, trying blackmail & others had tried too? He contradicted himself stating he never receives complaints but boasted that we were on camera in the reception area & threatened us that he had our credit card & email details and would sue us if we should continue with further complaint.
This was an entirely unpleasant experience in what is a really lovely part of the country. I believe the manager lacks customer service skills which is a disappointing reflection to what the tourist board would like to promote. However the young female receptionist at check-in was pleasant & courteous.

Room Tip: We had a standard room to the rear of hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank binkibonko
WestCliffInn, receptionist at West Cliff Inn, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
I am very sorry you didn't enjoy your stay at West Cliff Inn. I understand your disappointment and I would like to sincerely apologize. Hopefully you would come back to a better experience in the future. Thank you for your comments, which we will use to improve our service, and once again please accept our apologies.
Best regards,

Rocio
Reception.

Travellers are raving about these Bournemouth hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the West Cliff Inn for a two night last weekwnd bed and breakfast visit. We stayed in a room on the 3rd floor. It was lovely. The room was very big had a king size bed with plenty of space to move around. The bed and soft quilt were incredibly comfortable. Very clean room and shower was very good like jet pressure, tea and coffee making facilities.

Ideal location within walking distance of the beach and Bournemouth Shopping centre.

Brilliant breakfast with a wide choice of cereals too. Staff were very helpful and well mannered. We were given a very warm and friendly welcome when we arrived. It was great value for money and we will definitely stay there again,

5 Thank Kapil T
WestCliffInn, Receptionist at West Cliff Inn, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. It was our pleasure to have to here, and we're looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

Stayed at the hotel for two nights (Fri & Sat) used the hotel as a base for meeting up with old school friends. The perfect venue, reception staff were friendly and helpful. Bar was a really excellent place for meeting up, great drinks promotions, nothing too much trouble for the staff who were chatty and a nice relaxed, chilled atmosphere.

Hotel perfectly situated for access to the beach and or the town centre / BIC / Winter gardens Theatre...

Room was clean, comfortable, tastefully decorated and well furnished with all the useful items you would expect, tea/coffee facilities, iron & board, hairdryer, great, new flat screen TV.
Couldn't have had a better stay - perfect weekend, fab hotel, well run, friendly - I'll certainly be re-visiting.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Lorraine L
WestCliffInn, receptionist at West Cliff Inn, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Dear Lorraine
thank you so much for your kind review. We're happy you all enjoyed your stay, it was fun having you around for the weekend.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Rocio
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

I booked this room over a busy and very hot weekend in July, so I can appreciate that the stay would not be 100% perfect.
However, our room was located not too far from the Hotel Kitchen and I could clearly hear 'Euro Pop' being played loudly from that area at 7am on a Saturday morning, which I did not appreciate being woken up by.
The manager is very rude, unprofessional and unhelpful. When requesting a non alcoholic beverage I was laughed at, which I found ignorant. I then requested an ice coffee shouldn't be an issue on a hot day when it is on the menu on the front of the bar. The manager responded with "supply and demand", I responded that I felt he should remove anything he couldn't supply to his customers off of the menu.
I was also disappointed to find no help with pre booking a cab with one member of staff, fortunately the Westcliff Inn has a female receptionist who was polite, considerate and helpful. She is one of very few good things about this hotel.
I also found it odd that there was no soap option for the shower, no plastic cups for water and no biscuit available with tea and coffee.
I stay in Bournemouth a lot and have never felt the need to publicly complain about any other hotel/ b&b...this establishment really deserves this negative review.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank SouthernBelleobvs
Dear guest
So sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We will take your comments into account to help us improve our service.
Please accept our apologies, we would love to have you back sometime.

waky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

if you want a poor hotel chose this one!
we arrived friday night,easy check in,got to room,very dated room,clean bedding,that was it,
the floors felt dirt on bare feet,the bathroom i thought was clean until i got in the shower,which then turned into a bath,plug hole blocked with hair and i have none !
the tiles behind me was falling off,felt dirty when i got out,also due to the fact that we only got 1 tiny bar of soap,no shampoo nothing else!
and two towells,1 each !not changed the following day.
for two nights all we could hear was squeeking floor boards above us,very noisy.
overall i would give a miss and stay else ware.

2 Thank davewaky
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

West cliff inn was quite a pleasant stay, it was very nice, had a friendly staff and was kept very very clean which was a huge plus. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a great hotel and a very reasonable price!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Amy L
Dear Amy

Thanks for your kind review, we're glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.