“cheap and uncheerful”

West Cliff Inn
Ranked #52 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
“cheap and uncheerful”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Arrived at the hotel and was greeted by the receptionist / manager.
I travel on business a lot and of course all my hotels are prebooked before I arrive by my office.
I was in fear that I would not have been able to stay as I did not have the card originally booked and paid for even though I had all the confirmation emails etc.
This has never happened in my whole time travelling around for work.
Eventually after whipping out documents with my work address on I was allowed to stay.

I was also advised that if I was going out it would be best to be back before 12am as I would have been locked out over night- not that I had any intention of staying out past 11 on a Thursday night but feel these terms should be stipulated when booking as I have been to Bournemouth before and would of been severely dissapointed if I had time restrictions whilst on holiday.

Room was pokey and small and the blind kept bashing against the radiator every time the bed moved.

Shower fluctuated in temperature and also pressure making the experience very uncomfortable.

Used condom on roof outside window

Have asked my office to never book over night stays here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank highflyer8806
WestCliffInn, Receptionist at West Cliff Inn, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear guest, we are sorry you have not enjoyed your stay.
For security reasons we must check the identity of every customer who is staying at the hotel. Sorry if our rules bothered you.
Doors are closed after midnight and until 7am but there is a bell at the door for guests can get in the hotel during these hours.
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Tripadvisor. Please accept our apologies for our late response.
Regards.
Yaiza

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014

What a fantastic gem, just a stone throw away from Bournemouth beaches and it's town centre.

My hotel room which was great value, was a good size and was cleaned every morning. The staff were very polite and hardworking. With a good sized car park, CCTV and a 24 hr concierge service. I felt very secure leaving my belongings while I went out about my business in the day.

The downstairs entertainment bar was more the satisfactory for me to have a drink and be social with the other guests. As well as the two owners, who were always very friendly tans respectable.

The establishment also provides fasts and Free Wi-FI - which I found to be less common in hotels these days.

Overall my stay was very enjoyable and I will be coming back. We'll done guys, keep up the great work!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
WestCliffInn, Receptionist at West Cliff Inn, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear customer. We really appreciate your review and we would like to say thank you for your positive opinion.
We hope to see you again at West Cliff Inn,
Sincerely

Yaiza.
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I cannot list all the superlatives for this hotel, so here are a few...
Firstly this is a family run hotel, who have been in the business for a very long time and it shows! The location is a stone throw away form Bournemouth beaches and then atone centre. The staff are hard working and always greet you with a warm, friendly smile. The rooms are a good size and are cleaned regularly every morning. The establishment has a 24 hr concierge service so security is not a issue.
During my time I have been treated with nothing but respect and kindness and would honestly recommend, West Cliff Inn to my friends and family. Really well done guys!

• Stayed January 2014
WestCliffInn, Receptionist at West Cliff Inn, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear customer, your review helps us to work harder because we would like to make the same impression in every guest that stay with us.
We hope to see you soon again and give you our best service.
Thank you very much for your lovely review.
Best wishes.
Yaiza.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We booked this Hotel as a last minute booking, as we were visiting our grand children. We found this Hotel to be of exceptional value, with full amenities, Iron, Hair-dryer and full tea and coffee making facilities.
The rooms are very modern, clean and comfortable, and the Manager more than accommodating, as due to a noisy neighbour, the Manager moved our room for the second nights stay without any hesitation.
Thank you for such a wonderful 2 night stay, we will be back, and highly recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are of high standard.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pelecara
Dear customer, thank you very much indeed for such a kind review.
We're glad you have enjoyed our services and we're looking forward to seeing you soon.
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Had such a lovely weekend stayed in the West cliff for two night's for the first time and was a lovely clean hotel and great memeber of staff me and my partner was up till 11pm -12 chatting away with the two gentle men who own it and they were lovely and very welcoming. The receptionist was lovely too she was very kind and bubbly. Hotel was a perfect stay for a weekend away its very close to everything you need and about 5 mins walk to the town. I will defiantly be coming back to West Cliff Hotel.

Room Tip: Any room is good. I had a basic double room and done us brilliant. Slept lovely too.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
WestCliffInn, Receptionist at West Cliff Inn, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear Sarah,
It was our pleasure to have you as our customers.
Thank you very much indeed for your lovely review. We're glad you have enjoyed our hotel and service and we hope to see you soon.
Reviewed 9 December 2013

As always, my stay at the West Cliff Inn was enjoyable thanks to Mans and his wonderful team who look after the guests. The rooms are always well kept, the towels and bedlinen are spotless and tea and coffee is supplied along with a good sized TV. All the the rooms are spacious and the location is excellent for the town and beach.
Thanks for a lovely warm welcome!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
WestCliffInn, Receptionist at West Cliff Inn, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear customer,
Thank you very much indeed for your review. We are glad you have enjoyed our hotel and services once again and we hope to see you again at West Cliff Inn.
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Loved west cliff inn, staff made the stay extra enjoyable. Our room was a decent size, very modern and extremely clean, the bathroom was also a good size and clean. There was free wifi lots of parking and a late night bar! What more could you ask for! Overall enjoyed Bournemouth and will defiantly stay at the west cliff inn again! Thanks West Cliff see you soon!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
WestCliffInn, receptionist at West Cliff Inn, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Thank you very much indeed for your review, dear guest.
We wish a Merry Xmas, Happy New Year and hope to see you again at West Cliff Inn.
Regards.