“Great stay”
Review of West Cliff Inn

West Cliff Inn
Ranked #50 of 67 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Me and a friend wanted a cheap stay in Bournemouth for a weekend. The rooms were cleaned every day with the tea and coffee topped up and also towels replaced. Couldn't of asked for more for what we paid great location, helpful staff and will defiantly make a return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank holly_s_12_12

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My boyfriend and myself wanted to have a low cost weekend away on the beach. Really good location, only 10 minutes walking to town centre and 5 minutes to the beach. Staff were polite and helpful at all times, even they recommend us a few nice places in the town to have dinner. The room was very clean and looked up to date and tidy. Really nice flat screen TV! Stayed for 2 nights and had no problems during our stay. Car park is free and it was enough space in the whole stay. Also, they have a nice bar where you can chill out having a drink during the evening. Thank you very much to all the staff at West Cliff Inn. Looking forward to visit soon again.

Room Tip: Try to stay in one of the Standard Room, well worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 160traveller87
Reviewed 8 June 2014

this is a warning to anybody thinking of booking a stay at the west cliff inn, we had a one night stay there and i can honestly say it is the worst hotel i have ever stayed in , the room was dirty and extremely tired but by far the worst thing about this hotel is the manager who is both rude and obnoxious. we found dirty underwear in our room left by a previous guest , our complain was met with insults and aggressive behavior. our message to anybody looking for somewhere to stay in Bournemouth avoid this place and save yourself a very unpleasant experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank CassyB123
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This hotel was great value, good location for beach front 2/3 minute walk, friendly staff, rooms nice and clean with en-suit, flat screen TV with digital channels, rooms cleaned daily, good bar with live sport. Would most certainly stay again, I recommend to all.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Paul F
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

The West Cliff Inn is fantastic. The owners are mans and malik and they make you feel so welcome, they treat you like family!.
I have to say every member of staff are friendly. The staff are a credit to this hotel.
In regards to the rooms they are of good size, definitely go for standard double room.
I feel so relaxed.!!!
Thank you mans and malik, I am loving my holiday . X

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jane S
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I had a horrible time at the West Cliff Inn overall sorry to say. The room itself was small but nicely refurbished to a decent standard. The hotel location was also great as it was near the beach and Bournemouth town centre. However, I had to shorten my stay due to noise on my floor and from the room next door. And on top of that I was falsely accused by a phone call from staff at midnight to be the one who was noisy. When I tried to phone reception there was no answer. I stayed one week and it was very noisy most nights, with very little control from staff. Also, the hotel advertised a tapas restaurant but it was closed most of the time. Also I nearly stepped into a pan of fresh paint one morning coming out of my room as they were painting next door and staff deemed it appropriate to put the pan there just in front of my door. Also front door of the hotel was locked a few mornings with no explanation and they did not give me a key so I was worried to leave the hotel where I had to return later on. Extremely poor service really. I had to email the hotel and they responded with a one liner that someone was in the office. How was I supposed to know that? As a result of the noise I had to go and stay in a different hotel which added to my costs. Consequently I would not recommend to anyone to stay there.

Room Tip: If you are on the party, are not bothered with noise and not planning to sleep much, this place is f...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Daniel B
WestCliffInn, Receptionist at West Cliff Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. Thank you for the positive things you say about West Cliff Inn.
Regarding the negative ones you point out we should say this with all due respect:
1. I asked you every day if you were ok and how your stay was going. Just once you replied you hadn't been able to sleep the night before because of a near noisy room and you pointed out that it had happened only that night, the others had been very good.
2. Our staff cares about guests who are being disturbed by any kind of noise at night. We always make a phone call if a guest is making noise. We apologize for the call you received at night by mistake.
3. The restaurant is open just for breakfast, I informed you that from the first day of stay.
4. The front door is locked as a security measure when the receptionist has to leave the reception for a while. There is a bell in the door if a guest ring it, the receptionist opens the door immediately. You were informed about this.
We are sorry you make the decision of shorten your stay.
Thanking you again for your review.
Kind regards.

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

The walls are supperthin and almost non existant. Our next door neighbours were having a blast off to see who can play thair music the loudest. As we happen to stay over the weekend a lot of youngsters were going out, a lot of screaming and shouting all night and then someone decided to blast gangster rap in the room next door at 12 am .. After a long journey this wad torture. It wouldn't be so bad if the walls weren't so thin. Just to top the noise there was a massive loud fan outside the window and cleaners would arrive every morning banging the doors for hours!
There was NO WIFI as promised. Car parking is limited and even the spaces that were available were taken up by idiots who park on the lines. Hotel staff didn't really care about that.
Shower wouldn't stay the same temperature, bedside drawer wouldn't open and the elevator is the ride to remember, you should hang on for your lives.
Location was good. About 20 min walk from the city centre but only 2 streets away from the sea so it wad a very nice stroll.
We stayed 3 nights and its more than enough to never return.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stasi123
WestCliffInn, Receptionist at West Cliff Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Madam, we are really sorry you have not enjoyed your stay at West Cliff Inn
At the weekend the hotel usually is fully booked, this make hard to keep a quiet environment. Our customers are to observe night time peace and quiet from 10pm to 7am. However we cannot know if a customer is not behaving correctly in his room unless someone reports it to the reception. We will tell our housekeeping staff about not to make noise during the morning.

A fully booked weekend can make difficult to find a space to park at the front or at the rear car park that the hotel has. When a car is disturbing to another one we always try to ask the owner to move it but sometimes they are not at the hotel in that moment.

There is WIFI available on the ground floor, I supposed you were informed about this.

Thanks for taking the time to post your review.

Regards.