“saved”

Ranked #54 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Bristol, United Kingdom
“saved”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We had been booked into a so called hotel up the road see separate review and we walked in to the west cliff hoping for something not too expensive already wasted money on one up the road we greeted by a very pleasant lady who showed us 2 rooms an economy room and one up we opted for the economy but it was very comfortable and clean it was basic but that was fine we had a well needed drink in the bar special thanks to Yaiza she was welcoming friendly helpful cheerful and an asset

Room Tip: location excellent 5 minute walk to the beach which was our purpose for our visit to to get some muc...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Swindon, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Me and a friend wanted a cheap stay in Bournemouth for a weekend. The rooms were cleaned every day with the tea and coffee topped up and also towels replaced. Couldn't of asked for more for what we paid great location, helpful staff and will defiantly make a return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank holly_s_12_12
Navalmoral de la Mata, Spain
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My boyfriend and myself wanted to have a low cost weekend away on the beach. Really good location, only 10 minutes walking to town centre and 5 minutes to the beach. Staff were polite and helpful at all times, even they recommend us a few nice places in the town to have dinner. The room was very clean and looked up to date and tidy. Really nice flat screen TV! Stayed for 2 nights and had no problems during our stay. Car park is free and it was enough space in the whole stay. Also, they have a nice bar where you can chill out having a drink during the evening. Thank you very much to all the staff at West Cliff Inn. Looking forward to visit soon again.

Room Tip: Try to stay in one of the Standard Room, well worth it!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 160traveller87
Reviewed 8 June 2014

this is a warning to anybody thinking of booking a stay at the west cliff inn, we had a one night stay there and i can honestly say it is the worst hotel i have ever stayed in , the room was dirty and extremely tired but by far the worst thing about this hotel is the manager who is both rude and obnoxious. we found dirty underwear in our room left by a previous guest , our complain was met with insults and aggressive behavior. our message to anybody looking for somewhere to stay in Bournemouth avoid this place and save yourself a very unpleasant experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank CassyB123

Travellers are raving about these Bournemouth hotels

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This hotel was great value, good location for beach front 2/3 minute walk, friendly staff, rooms nice and clean with en-suit, flat screen TV with digital channels, rooms cleaned daily, good bar with live sport. Would most certainly stay again, I recommend to all.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Paul F
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

The West Cliff Inn is fantastic. The owners are mans and malik and they make you feel so welcome, they treat you like family!.
I have to say every member of staff are friendly. The staff are a credit to this hotel.
In regards to the rooms they are of good size, definitely go for standard double room.
I feel so relaxed.!!!
Thank you mans and malik, I am loving my holiday . X

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jane S
Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I had a horrible time at the West Cliff Inn overall sorry to say. The room itself was small but nicely refurbished to a decent standard. The hotel location was also great as it was near the beach and Bournemouth town centre. However, I had to shorten my stay due to noise on my floor and from the room next door. And on top of that I was falsely accused by a phone call from staff at midnight to be the one who was noisy. When I tried to phone reception there was no answer. I stayed one week and it was very noisy most nights, with very little control from staff. Also, the hotel advertised a tapas restaurant but it was closed most of the time. Also I nearly stepped into a pan of fresh paint one morning coming out of my room as they were painting next door and staff deemed it appropriate to put the pan there just in front of my door. Also front door of the hotel was locked a few mornings with no explanation and they did not give me a key so I was worried to leave the hotel where I had to return later on. Extremely poor service really. I had to email the hotel and they responded with a one liner that someone was in the office. How was I supposed to know that? As a result of the noise I had to go and stay in a different hotel which added to my costs. Consequently I would not recommend to anyone to stay there.

Room Tip: If you are on the party, are not bothered with noise and not planning to sleep much, this place is f...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Daniel B
WestCliffInn, Receptionist at West Cliff Inn, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. Thank you for the positive things you say about West Cliff Inn.
Regarding the negative ones you point out we should say this with all due respect:
1. I asked you every day if you were ok and how your stay was going. Just once you replied you hadn't been able to sleep the night before because of a near noisy room and you pointed out that it had happened only that night, the others had been very good.
2. Our staff cares about guests who are being disturbed by any kind of noise at night. We always make a phone call if a guest is making noise. We apologize for the call you received at night by mistake.
3. The restaurant is open just for breakfast, I informed you that from the first day of stay.
4. The front door is locked as a security measure when the receptionist has to leave the reception for a while. There is a bell in the door if a guest ring it, the receptionist opens the door immediately. You were informed about this.
We are sorry you make the decision of shorten your stay.
Thanking you again for your review.
Kind regards.