The Living Room
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$135
Park Central Hotel(Bournemouth)
US$145
  • Beachfront
The Suncliff Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$109
US$230
  • Beachfront
Ramada Encore Bournemouth(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$98
Orbitz.com
The Cumberland Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$180
Riviera Hotel & Holiday Apartments(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$129
Royal Exeter Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$104
Priceline
US$120
US$101
US$225
US$194
Priceline
All reviewsalum chineb bcorn fritterschilli jambreakfast was deliciousnon residentsgood quality ingredientswelcoming hostsbed and breakfastminute strollbournemouth town centrecomfortable rooma wonderful staysingle roomsmall hotelnothing too much troublestayed for two nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Having lived across the road from The Living Room for the past 2 years, I finally got round to trying it out. Well I'm gutted I didn't try sooner! I had an impromptu Saturday lunch with a friend which we enjoyed so much we stayed and chatted some more over a glass of wine.
The menu selection was excellent, particularly for me as I have several food allergies and intolerances. I ordered Ham Hock Hash wish was delicious. I can see how living in such close proximity is going to make me a Ham Hock Hash addict! The chilli jam that accompanied it was the best I've tried!
The service was great, funky interior decor and well priced. All in all, a gem in wonderful Westbourne!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank CarrieBradshaw3
Zak118, Owner at The Living Room, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

We are glad you made it across the road at last - it is surprising how many customers live so close and say exactly the same as you. We do take aways for some neighbours and have even had one turn up in his dressing gown if you don't feel like getting dressed!! Look forward to seeing you again, hopefully before 2 years... Thank you!

Reviewed 28 February 2014

The living room is a comprehensive B + B, with a full scale cafe inside;
I enjoyed the conversation with staff, all displaying a fantastic sense of humour.
Especially enjoyed breakfast within the creative open downstairs space..
Would definitely visit again,

David

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Zak118, Owner at The Living Room, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

We love your descriptive words - 'comprehensive' and 'supreme' and might steal them for our newly developing website! Maybe our 'creative' dining space helped you think of them?! You were a great guest and would make a good Hotel Inspector due to your requests for diverse food and drinks! Thank you for your generous review.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I came to Bournemouth to visit my son who's studying at Uni and stayed at the Living Room after getting recommendations from friends on Twitter. Warm welcome, great food, right round the corner from Alum Chine - we walked through the gorgeous woods there which took us straight to the beach. Our twin room had everything we needed and the breakfast was gorgeous. Only bugbear ... poor wifi, but the owners assured me they were addressing this. Definitely go back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

You were our first guest recommendation through Twitter so the pressure was on that we met your tweeted expectations!! Your review will be really helpful to potential guests so thank you. We look forward to you and your charming toast loving son's next visit!!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

This is the second time we have been to the living room in Bournemouth. We enjoyed our stay this time just as much as the first time. Our room was slightly smaller this time, but it was a really cosy and comfortable room. My wife loved the wall paper! The bathroom was modern with a large walk in shower. Really friendly and welcoming staff. The breakfasts are amazing, we loved them! Definitely recommend this as a place to stay if you are in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

We feel really privileged that you have taken the time to write us a second review. It is important to us that we consistently maintain and improve our service so it is great to hear you enjoyed your second recent visit as well as the wallpaper! Thank you!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I've stayed here on three separate occasions now and each one has been fantastic. Teresa is a great host and always makes me feel very welcome. Her vegetarian breakfasts are to die for, as are her brownies (She not only runs the B & B but also has a coffee lounge with some amazing cakes, which is well worth a visit in itself). The rooms are cosy and clean and the location of this guest house is great, being in a quiet part of Alum Chine with an easy 40 minute walk along the sea front into Bournemouth.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
LivingRoom_Mngmnt, Owner at The Living Room, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

It was a lovely surprise to read your review as we know how busy you are. So thank you for taking the time to write it. Also thanks for your intellectual conversations at 8am on a Sunday morning - it keeps us on our toes! See you soon.