“Friendly, genuine people who serve FANTASTIC food at good value” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bournemouth Tandoori

Bournemouth Tandoori
Ranked #513 of 729 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Friendly, genuine people who serve FANTASTIC food at good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

Had my birthday party here for 12 people, we were made to feel special. Being vegetarian I would highly recommend this restaurant as nothing is too much trouble for them! And the cherry brandy at the end always goes down a treat!

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Emma_veggie

Swindon, United Kingdom
“A tasty quiet curry”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Staff were very friendly, service was excellent and food was very tasty. Menu was very extensive. This restaurant is located at the edge of the busy strip of bars and restaurants. I went early in the evening so it was a quiet meal.

• Visited October 2013
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Food poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

Very sad, I went in between 7PM and 8PM on a Wednesday evening. Unconventionally there was just 1 waiter who was English and 1 fairly elderly chief. The killer was that i had to wait 10 to 15 minutes for my poppadoms as the machine had not been switched on (which was inexcusable) and after the wait the machine as still obviously not hot enough as the poppadom didnt taste much better than blotting paper. Rest of the food wasnt too bad except oddly the curry accompanying the byriani was just a liquid sauce with no solids. The waiter was very polite except he made 2 faux pax, no hot towel after and he gave me the bill without me asking for it and I was still halfway through my last drink. I was the only customer in the restaurant for the whole time.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Best Indian Food in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

I love my Indian food, and this tandoori has the best food and atmosphere ever! the owner is so welcoming and friendly, and along with amazing food, its a fab night out!
prices are great and I would defiantly recommend this place!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Tori_Clarke
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“disappointed with meal”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

we called it to this restaurant last week-end. the service was good, the meal was not.
I ordered chicken curry dopiaza, and my guest ordered chicken bhuna, we both had bombay potatoes, and vegetable rice.
my first taste of the meal was not very good, there was almost no taste to the food, in fact it was the most bland curry i have ever had. I did not say any thing to my guest, for fear of spoiling the whole meal. As the meal progressed, my guest mentioned that the meal seemed very bland.
the waiter was very sorry to hear we were not happy with the meal.
we will not be going back to this restaurant, at £42.00 with a bottle of house wine, it was not worth more than £20.00 at most.

• Visited June 2013