“Great value for money”

Ranked #30 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Great value for money”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

A friend and I recently stayed here for one night when we went to see a show at the BIC. We were happily surprised with the modernised travel lodge. Staff were efficient and friendly, and we were given a family room too, which was a bonus. The room was large and spacious and for what we paid, great value for money. We are thinking of visiting Bournemouth again in the summer, and will definitely stay here again. Great location too, right near the seafront (literally a 2 min walk).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Joanna B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on 18 May 2014 for one night. We stayed here as a stop gap as we were travelling to Devon for a holiday and wanted to break up the driving.

The hotel is in a good location although I think it's really cheeky to charge £5 to park in their car park but if you park on the road where the hotel is situated, it's free?!

We were welcomed by a friendly receptionist, she was very good with my little boy and very helpful. She was on her own at 3pm and there was a long queue, out of the door of people waiting to check in. She was really under pressure but did well. Wish I could remember her name, she's the most friendly member of staff I've come across while staying at other travelodges.
We had a family room which was a nice size. It was a really hot day and as the window doesn't open much it was sooo hot in our room.
Unfortunately there are a few pubs next to the hotel, which kept us awake until 1pm with their basey music. On a Sunday night!!! And then an alarm going off woke us up from 5am, not good when you have a 2.5 hour drive to do. Not sure where the alarm was coming from but it was soooooo annoying.

• Stayed May 2014
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Upon arriving at the hotel, our group (20-25 year olds) were told 'Any trouble over this weekend, and we will assume it's you' due to the high level of older guests and children.

Once checked in - we noticed many other hen, stag and younger groups around the hotel - against what we had been told by the receptionist.

The lady, named Becky, then made one member of the group recite 'Yes I would like my room please' after he tried to point out a spelling mistake on his booking form, and threatened him to be refused entry.

The next morning, another guest approached us and thanked us for being the quietist of the younger groups, he was also told 'It must have been that rude group from Kent' by the receptionist Becky.

The next day however, the male member of staff on the desk was very friendly, and allowed us to stay 2 hours later than we had checked out.

Overall this is the worst service we have ever seen by anyone in this sort of industry, maybe she was having a bad day, but it appears she had it in for us upon first entry through the doors.

• Stayed May 2014
6 Thank Saunderdon
Somerset
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed one night and went to a show at the Bournemouth International Centre which is only a Five minute walk, very convenient. The Hotel was just just what we needed , an Evening meal, bed for the night and Breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

A great hotel, close to all amenities that I needed, easy to locate.
staff were professional, polite and welcoming and a credit to the hospitality industry.
with a four year old on tow they were extremely family friendly-my little boy loved it!!!-would use again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Travelling with a young family to the recent wheels festival I wanted something cheap, cheerful and clean. I was not disappointed. Beautifully situated near the beach with Cheerful staff. Room a fantastic size and upon check in we were put on the ground floor for easy accessibility. We didn't eat here but the restaurant appeared clean and breakfast smelt great. We drove and unfortunately with such a small car park could not get a space however the staff were helpful in directing me to alternative parking as luck would have it I found a space on the adjoining road and parked for free. It's just a case of waiting for somebody to move. All in all a fantastic travel lodge which we will be visiting again. Directions on the site were superb we found it immediately. The wheels festival is also highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Alderney
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed here for one night in order to be at the nearby port first thing.

The rooms and general decor was extremely clean, which is a plus, despite the place appearing somewhat understafed.

But I shall never stay here again.

Motorists and the disabled should avoid this hotel completely.

I arrived just around 9 pm and there was literally no parking, whether in the very small car hote.l car park, nor on the street nearby. There is no place to even wait or unload.

And there were no disabled spaces available. (I saw one marked out, which, was of course, occupied). I'm not disabled myself, but I have a family member who is, so I notice these things

On inquiry with the front desk (and reading the signs carefully) the (very small)hotel car park has been opened up to paid public use and was filled with festival goers.

The signs at reception say that the car park is managed by a private parking company "on behalf of Travelodge". Well, if it is indeed "operated on behalf of Travelodge as the sign states", then why does Travelodge ignore the needs of your customers, and actively seek to fill up the spaces with the general public's vehicles instead of your customers?

They really need to a temporary waiting area where travellers can unload their heavy bags without the fear of being clamped or fined by an over eager private parking company.

When I complained I was told it was my fault for arriving so late (9 pm is late now??) and was told that I should know from having read the website that there was restricted car parking at this Travelodge.

I was told I should park in one of two public car parks which are three and four streets away respectively, at Durley Rd S and West Hill Rd. (I was helpfully given a map to assist me navigate there).

I like Travelodge's in general, but they should stick to providing clean and bright places for travellers to lodge at en route, and stop trying to compete with Mr Hilton.
0/10 tonight.