“Relaxing retreat”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bournemouth
Hamilton Hall Men Only Hotel
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I was a little nervous to be travelling alone, to a place that I had not been to before, but was quickly at ease, within the homely environment of Hamilton Hall.
My room had a shower and wash basin, with the shared WC across the hall.
I cannot understand where the negative few comments that I have read, since returning home, could have come from, because I am already planning my next visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank BriNinty
slammer9, Owner at Hamilton Hall Men Only Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Thank you guys. Very good of you to leave a report here. I am also amused and bemused by the few negative comments we receive as some must expect Heaven itself - but then - judging by some of the people in the TV programme 4 IN A BED - some people are just never happy. How sad for them.

Glad you enjoyed Hamilton Hall and we certainly look forward to seeing you again here ... soon.
keep smiling and keep laughing.

Live Long and Prosper... lol

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed at the hotel a few weeks ago now and If your looking for a men only hotel, then you can't go wrong here. The owner was very welcoming and hospitable. I have never been to a hotel that gives you full access to the dining room any time of the day or night, with food and drink on offer, even alcohol with an honesty box. We had a lovely Sunday evening meal there with all the guests round a big table, it was a lot of fun and no one wanted to leave. You can't judge this hotel like most hotels, it's unique. We are not easily pleased, but we are looking forward to going back.

Room Tip: There isn't a fitness centre, I hit it by mistake and it won't let me undo it :-)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Steven K
slammer9, Owner at Hamilton Hall Men Only Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thanks Guys. It really is a lot of fun to meet so many great people and have a meal around one table together and share conversation and laughter. Too many people are so busy with their lives they eat at separate times and that ' meal time' together seems to have been lost in many households and actually taking the time to be a ' family' is important and our dining table really is the centre of Hamilton Hall.

Look forward to seeing you here again soon.
Have a great Bank Holiday and check out the Diary of Events on our web site.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I recently stayed at Hamilton hall for the one of the themed weekends and would highly recommend the venue to any discerning gentleman with an open mind seeking an alternative type of retreat.

I found the place to be tastefully decorated throughout with the emphasis on relaxation coupled with a heavy touch of humour. I am still laughing at some of the many postcards and witty posters throughout the hotel.

Everybody dined together around one large table at meal times and whilst the host is without doubt highly opinionated and dominant I did find that I could actually get a word in edge ways as did one or two of the other guests.

My favourite area was probably the garden which I found to be highly tranquil with some reclining chairs which I often relaxed in. Bear in mind this is a clothes optional venue and the garden is secluded enough to feel comfortable with that. On this occasion the weather was warm enough too.

On the whole I found Hamilton hall to be a genuine retreat and left feeling completely relaxed. This is in contrast to many gay hotels I have stayed in before . I met some nice people there and hope to return in the future as I believe it offers something different....something special.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Andrew S
slammer9, Owner at Hamilton Hall Men Only Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

5 OUT OF 5 - BRILLIANT.
It is always good to read a positive review and to see how people do appreciate it when you offer something a little different and a little more soulful. Corporate venues and many smaller venues are just so anonymous - believing that this is what the customer wants, but Hamilton Hall believes is friendship, company, togetherness and people connecting.

When attending a special event here - facilitated by a workshop host, naturally they will get to share their wisdoms and knowledge with you and this is what you come to hear and learn;- it is what you have paid for., With the largest Diary or Events in Europe and as the only such venue is Europe, our facilitators and workshop hosts do get to talk a lot and make you laugh - as many need someone else to help them relax and chill, enabling them to ' let go' and just be in their own space while enjoying a good banter. It is why so many return 5 and 6 times a year and why we have been able to ride through the credit crunch and offer this amazing venue to those who appreciate something a little more spiritual, comfortable, luxurious and thoughtful.

Wonderful review. Big thank you Andrew. Hope to see you here again - maybe come during the summer when the garden is a picture of colour and pots spilling over with flowers of all kind... and this is when it really is a little hidden gem of delight.

Thanks Andrew.

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

The rooms are small and smell really bad. There was hairs in the bed and marks on the bed. The food is so bad not worth eating. Go to a cafe
Don't stay there at your own risk you have been warned !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to a proper hotel and be treated normal

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
23  Thank james r
slammer9, Owner at Hamilton Hall Men Only Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

HA HA ... This review really made me just laugh.

It is so sad when people leave reviews like this that are either just so fake it is beyond comprehension - or the person needs a reality check as their comments are so far off the mark it it beyond a joke. Just read other reviews and see for yourself, that while we cannot please all the people all the time, we obviously do something right to have weathered the credit crunch storm as well as we have.

if you do not like joss sticks perfuming the air then you are best to do as you have stated Mr. Reviewer and stay in a doorway.

I really have no time for people who find fault in this manner as it says a great deal more about themselves than it ever does Hamilton Hall and I concentrate my time and efforts on those who see life as half full - and not like this reviewer as half empty... living a negative lifestyle and searching for the doom and gloom all the time is so not where I am at - and a more positive and enlightened approach is a much better way of spending a life. I do feel desperately sorry for people such as this that set out to find fault with everything and simply make it up to suit their own negative head space in an attempt to destroy a thing of absolute beauty . Thi is absolutely not what Hamilton Hall is about.

I repeat, this review really made me laugh although it could be seen as really very sad. For him.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have just stayed at Hamilton Hall for a themed weekend and would like to highly recommend it to any one with an open mind and who wants to totally relax in a well managed and run hotel

The bedrooms were well decorated and with large comfy beds and the home cooked food tasty the other guests all seemed to get on well and enjoy each others company and John the host had lots of views and thoughts some of which I agreed with others I didn't but that's far better than meeting a bland dull host with no views on anything.

As for the course it was excellent and what a difference it made! I experienced feelings like never before. Start with an open mind and join in and you will both have fun and learn Sadly I had to leave early on the Sunday morning but it was with some one I meet there for he first time on the Friday whom hopefully I will be seeing again very soon

Without doubt I will return

Room Tip: All rooms are well decorated and maintained so be a Double , twin or bunkbed they are excellent
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank PWB1956

Another lovely review. Thanks.

When you own and run a small venue such as Hamilton Hall - and when it is run as a NOT FOR PROFIT VENUE where all monies are put back into the business offering FREE HOLIDAYS to those with HIV or the elderly or anyone seriously in need of a few days or a week away but who cannot afford it - and when we see how these people blossom and ' come alive' just by sharing a laugh, a meal together and some free relaxing time - it does make all the hard work worthwhile.

Not being paid a wage - there are times when even I wonder where I am going, why I am working so hard and - basically - for what ??? and there are many times when tired and in need of some time off myself, that I do wonder why I do all this - and it is when I read responses such as this - It is when customers return 5 and 6 times a year - or even just year after year - and it is when I see how people relax and open-up - and it is when I see the delight on their faces when they see their bedroom, or the garden, or any part of Hamilton Hall and the pleasure I know this venue - with a slightly mad chatter box host and beautiful friendly dog, offers to many, that I know exactly why I work so hard and exactly what it is all about - and I absolutely love it.

Reviews such as this make it all worth while.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I have just had a nice long weekend in Hamilton Hall, its in a very quiet location, I was made most welcome, the room was clean, bed comfortable to say the least, sharing food and good conversation is always a winner for me, the lounge areas are very much a home from home atmosphere, a fantastic place to just go relax and step off the world for a few days to recharge, and of course the tres elegant Missy............................

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank biggsieboy
slammer9Dorset, Owner at Hamilton Hall Men Only Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

It is always good to read a positive review and see we score top marks across the board. Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you here again.

Hamilton Hall gives away scores of free holidays to elderly men and those with HIV who are in desperate need of a few days away and we offer tons of free events and massive discounts to try and help people find some inner peace and tranquility in this otherwise mad world,
There will always be those who oppose and offer a ' half empty ' attitude while we try and work hard at seeing life as ' ' HALF FULL ' - where there is opportunity for growth and always believe in offering more - being better - searching for enlightenment and truth, and many of our customers - it seems - find that at Hamilton Hall.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

My partner and I stayed for a long weekend at Hamilton Hall for one of the themed events. The welcome could not have been warmer, the room and facilities were great and the bed oh so comfy. This is much like a home from home, relaxed atmosphere, sense of community all around and the home made food delicious. The range of food, drinks and snacks available goes above and beyond expectations e.g. over 40 types of tea!

The themed event went well...was instructive for us and we had loads of fun practicing !

John has a larger than life personality, is very friendly and welcoming - he has clear opinions on many things (which keep conversation round the table at meal time interesting and lively) but these are based on a lot of study and frankly a lot of common sense.

John is warm hearted, caring and gives so much more than he ever asks for in return and we should be grateful that a place like Hamilton Hall exists and support his 'not for profit' hotel, events and work he does for those needing support and a retreat.

We will return next year and probably more than once now we have discovered the welcome and all that Hamilton Hall offers. I highly recommend you stay there, relax and enjoy what's on offer ...and leave attitude, mis-perceptions, intolerance or prejudices behind at home.

Thanks to everyone at Hamilton Hall for a great and enjoyable time.

Room Tip: We were shown every room - all are beautifully decorated and furnished, beds new and very comfortabl...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ijxps101
slammer9Dorset, Owner at Hamilton Hall Men Only Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Thank guys for this wonderful review. Good to hear you enjoyed the weekend and will be back. We get about an 85% repeat clientele here - and this compliments that what we offer is well received and that we are doing something right.
I did enjoy meeting the pair of you and right from the start I could see by your smiles that you were here to have a good time - you came with all the right thoughts and we did share a good weekend. Half full is always better than half empty and I congratulate you both on your superb upbeat manner and open minds.
Have a great Festive Season and keep up the good work... and see you in 2014... ( How time flies...)