“Wow - a fab experience !!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bournemouth
Hamilton Hall Men Only Hotel
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have just returned from a long weekend at the Hamilton Hotel and wish I had booked in for a longer stay. It was the first time I had ever stayed in an all male hotel and was a little dubious to begin with. However within a few hours I felt totally at ease and comfortable. The hotel is very warm and welcoming with smart rooms and facilities. John (host/owner) is a very witty, smart cookie and also very entertaining, as well as a good cook! I have Coeliac Disease (gluten free) and I was extremely impressed with the way I was catered for (thank you). The staff also were very friendly and welcoming ...you soon felt one of the family! Fellow guests were also very interesting and friendly.
All in all I had a brilliant time and would say 'go try it' ...I'll definitely be going back.
Thank you again !
Chris

Room Tip: Checkout the website...the rooms are just as they look. Clean, airy and bright! The single room has...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank River9
slammer9, Owner at Hamilton Hall Men Only Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thanks for yet another great review. I was on a special diet myself some years ago and appreciate how hard it can be to travel and manage a special diet with public restaurants etc. and how frustrating it can be - and there were times when I just wanted to cry with the limited choices and frustration at my health problem, so I do appreciate the need for vegetarian - vegan or even gluten free meals - as long as I have been advised in advance. This clever man brought his own gluten free bread with him which was a major help at breakfast as this is way beyond our budget ( have you seen the price of this stuff in Tesco's... phwoar.... I can fill the car with petrol for almost a loaf of this stuff... ha ha )

While being full through the summer months, it is ever more intimate and personal in the winter months as we have more time to spend with individual guests and chat and share a laugh..

Big thanks for such a thoughtful review - MUCH APPRECIATED and I hope we shall see you again soon, and when I say it is MUCH APPRECIATED - you cannot believe how much it means to read your kind and thoughtful comments... it really moves me.

( or is that too much like a Hallmark card... ha ha :- )

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I've visited Hamilton Hall on many an occasion over the past 10 years or so and know the place well. You won't find anywhere else quite like this in the UK for gay men to come and relax, be themselves and chill out. I always receive a warm welcome make new friends on every visit.

The garden is beautiful, I've spent many times on an evening there in quiet meditation.

The rooms are all individually decorated and very comfortable.

The home cooked meals, where we all eat together and chat away around one table, are also very good.

John, the owner, has put his heart into creating a warm and friendly space for gay men to come and relax and socialize and feel part of a community, whatever your age.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank nawanda2013
slammer9, Owner at Hamilton Hall Men Only Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thanks for these kind words and good to see someone who understands the passion and love it takes to run such a venue. The garden is always a delight and with this summer being a really good hot and sunny one, it is a little gem. Thanks again. John

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This was my first visit to HH and I was travelling alone. The welcome was warm and friendly. The room was nice and I had my own shower and toilet (room 6 Serenity). Everything was clean and pleasant.

The evening meal is excellent; at £15 I initially thought it was a bit expensive but it was very good quality and I had dinner every evening. It came with a side salad and a sweet and included wine and coffee. It is also a good way to meet other guests so I would be happy to recommend eating in HH.

John is a very interesting character and a very good and attentive host. To those of you who have strong opinions and like a good argument I have one comment to make, GOOD LUCK haha

I would happily stay there again

Room Tip: I had room 6 and it was fine. All the rooms I saw looked good
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
slammer9, Owner at Hamilton Hall Men Only Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Once again it goes to show that what we offer here is appreciated and valued above and beyond other venues and how - sometimes - the smaller more intimate venue can create and nurture an atmosphere of peace and calm not found in larger corporate venues.
I do like a challenge and thoroughly enjoy those who have something to say and offer a different view of life, death and the universe rather than bland boring blah blah, Life is too short to be average - and big thank you for such a pleasant and appreciative mention here on TA. Maybe come to one of our workshops soon... ha ha ... you think I talk a lot at the moment - ha ha - get me centre stage and switch me on... ha ha

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Matt and I have just spent a lovely couple of days enjoying the special hospitality that John and Frank offer at Hamilton Hall. We felt as though we'd had at least a week with them so chilled did we feel as we left. The bed was wonderfully comfortable, the room well appointed, the company always entertaining and enlightening. We'll be back soon!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris I
slammer9Dorset, Owner at Hamilton Hall Men Only Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

I really do have the best job on Earth, meeting such wonderful people and sharing a few days of laughter and fun with them, and all in my own hotel / home. It is always a joy to meet guys like yourself and have a few days. We do have a laugh here and I do warn people on our web site that Hamilton Hall may contain NUTS... lol... and HOW TRUE... You have to be mad to cope in this crazy world and what a pleasure to meet other crazy people and share a few days with.

Hope to see you again soon.
John

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I was a little nervous to be travelling alone, to a place that I had not been to before, but was quickly at ease, within the homely environment of Hamilton Hall.
My room had a shower and wash basin, with the shared WC across the hall.
I cannot understand where the negative few comments that I have read, since returning home, could have come from, because I am already planning my next visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank BriNinty
slammer9, Owner at Hamilton Hall Men Only Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Thank you guys. Very good of you to leave a report here. I am also amused and bemused by the few negative comments we receive as some must expect Heaven itself - but then - judging by some of the people in the TV programme 4 IN A BED - some people are just never happy. How sad for them.

Glad you enjoyed Hamilton Hall and we certainly look forward to seeing you again here ... soon.
keep smiling and keep laughing.

Live Long and Prosper... lol

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed at the hotel a few weeks ago now and If your looking for a men only hotel, then you can't go wrong here. The owner was very welcoming and hospitable. I have never been to a hotel that gives you full access to the dining room any time of the day or night, with food and drink on offer, even alcohol with an honesty box. We had a lovely Sunday evening meal there with all the guests round a big table, it was a lot of fun and no one wanted to leave. You can't judge this hotel like most hotels, it's unique. We are not easily pleased, but we are looking forward to going back.

Room Tip: There isn't a fitness centre, I hit it by mistake and it won't let me undo it :-)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Steven K
slammer9, Owner at Hamilton Hall Men Only Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thanks Guys. It really is a lot of fun to meet so many great people and have a meal around one table together and share conversation and laughter. Too many people are so busy with their lives they eat at separate times and that ' meal time' together seems to have been lost in many households and actually taking the time to be a ' family' is important and our dining table really is the centre of Hamilton Hall.

Look forward to seeing you here again soon.
Have a great Bank Holiday and check out the Diary of Events on our web site.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I recently stayed at Hamilton hall for the one of the themed weekends and would highly recommend the venue to any discerning gentleman with an open mind seeking an alternative type of retreat.

I found the place to be tastefully decorated throughout with the emphasis on relaxation coupled with a heavy touch of humour. I am still laughing at some of the many postcards and witty posters throughout the hotel.

Everybody dined together around one large table at meal times and whilst the host is without doubt highly opinionated and dominant I did find that I could actually get a word in edge ways as did one or two of the other guests.

My favourite area was probably the garden which I found to be highly tranquil with some reclining chairs which I often relaxed in. Bear in mind this is a clothes optional venue and the garden is secluded enough to feel comfortable with that. On this occasion the weather was warm enough too.

On the whole I found Hamilton hall to be a genuine retreat and left feeling completely relaxed. This is in contrast to many gay hotels I have stayed in before . I met some nice people there and hope to return in the future as I believe it offers something different....something special.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Andrew S
slammer9, Owner at Hamilton Hall Men Only Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

5 OUT OF 5 - BRILLIANT.
It is always good to read a positive review and to see how people do appreciate it when you offer something a little different and a little more soulful. Corporate venues and many smaller venues are just so anonymous - believing that this is what the customer wants, but Hamilton Hall believes is friendship, company, togetherness and people connecting.

When attending a special event here - facilitated by a workshop host, naturally they will get to share their wisdoms and knowledge with you and this is what you come to hear and learn;- it is what you have paid for., With the largest Diary or Events in Europe and as the only such venue is Europe, our facilitators and workshop hosts do get to talk a lot and make you laugh - as many need someone else to help them relax and chill, enabling them to ' let go' and just be in their own space while enjoying a good banter. It is why so many return 5 and 6 times a year and why we have been able to ride through the credit crunch and offer this amazing venue to those who appreciate something a little more spiritual, comfortable, luxurious and thoughtful.

Wonderful review. Big thank you Andrew. Hope to see you here again - maybe come during the summer when the garden is a picture of colour and pots spilling over with flowers of all kind... and this is when it really is a little hidden gem of delight.

Thanks Andrew.