“A Walk in the park”
Review of Park Central Hotel

Park Central Hotel
Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Myself and partner spent an idyllic weekend in this fantastic boutique hotel in Bournemouth. The staff were really friendly and could not do enough for us, nothing was too much trouble. We must single out the awesome Jason, the night manager. He was totally informed on what was going on locally, and spent considerable time listening to the sort of entertainment we liked. He advised on a local production that made our weekend. When my partner spoke to Jason in the early hours of the morning he whipped up a fantastic ham and cheese sandwich complete with side salad. All done with a happy cheerful smile. Jason you are a credit to the hotel. Totally recommend this hotel, and if you need a late night snack Jason is there.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed in one of the seaview rooms at this hotel and it was perfect - very spacious with a separate seeting are and a very comfy bed! There was a high standard of cleanliness throughout and our room was light and airy. Will definately use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Would definately recommend a seaview room and the top floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kate m
Reviewed 20 October 2013

When we arrived the hotel staff were very friendly. We stayed in room 501 at the hotel, lovely sized room at the top of the hotel with everything you need and lovely views. The hotel is right opposite the Bournemouth International Centre and such a nice feeling knowing that you haven't got a long journey after a gig. The breakfast in the morning was ample with cereals, yoghurt, fruit, pastries, cheese and meats, followed by freshly cooked to order food such as salmon and eggs how you want them, full English or vegetarian breakfast, I'm also a coffee snob and the coffee is gorgeous, thank-you for making our evening extra special, will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vonnie0101
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We booked the Park Central last minute, & got one of their family rooms. It was very spacious & couldn't be faulted. The sea view was exceptional, & the location is close to all Bournemouth has to offer.
We only used the restaurant for breakfast, but did have a drink in the bar, with Malibu & cola @ £5-20 a go, we never hung around the bar for long :( Overall a very nice hotel, & we would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We've just come back from a (very) quick one night getaway. I've never felt the urge to write a trip advisor review before but the staff were so excellent I felt I needed to! I'd advised the hotel before we arrive it was for my husbands birthday and upon arrival they presented him with plate of lovely truffles and a card. We had asked for quiet room because our whole point of staying was for a night of peace of quiet from our toddler twins (well and for me to be able to potter around the shops!).

When we got back to the hotel after dinner/cinema music was blaring in our room from the flat opposite, some lovely youngsters thought it OK to party, in the centre of town on a Saturday night, how rude!! :) Anyway, one quick trip to reception and we were moved that minute to an equally lovely other room that was blissfully quiet and they gave us a £30 discount for the inconvenience.

Everything was great, rooms clean and big, great shower, breakfast was fab, plenty of lovely fluffy crisp white towels. OK so it's not 5 star, it can't be, because it isn't, but it is a lovely hotel, in a great location, with a good breakfast and luxurious enough to feel like a treat.

The only thing I didn't like was that there isn't a hotel bar/lounge (other than the public one which is attached) and the reception is exactly the same as a travelodge! I would have loved somewhere to sit down and read the sunday papers.

But other than that we loved it and would return again for sure (next time I can convince my ma to babysit overnight!)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MonobrowMum
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

I have just had two nights 28/29 sept in this hotel. The welcome was friendly and my room was ready early which was nice. I had breakfast both days and enjoyed it, service was great the lovely blonde lady who I believe was in charge of the restaurant was great, I was on my own and she checked on me several times and nothing was to much trouble I was in room 202 and hope my thanks as passed back to her. The reception staff were lovely, the young lady who checked me out on Monday was always smiling and happy.

Overall nothing was too much trouble, the staff were friendly and always smiling. This stay was evident of exactly why this is one of my favourite hotels to stay on anywhere and proof that the staff help make a hotel. I look forward to my stay.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Great hotel. We received a very warm welcome from the Receptionist on checkout. I booked 7 rooms for 2 nights and we had a really good stay, The location is fantastic only 1 min walk from the sea front. Parking is just across the road in dedicated parking spaces (recommend to pre-book) for £7.50 per night. We ate in the Crab restaurant on Friday night and the food and service was amazing, we could not fault it. What was not so good - the hotel does not have a separate bar - there is a bar in the restaurant area, but not ideal when there is a large party of us - it also shut at 11pm. The food for breakfast was ok, but the service was not brillant - they seemed very disorganised and it was very slow. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: 210 was a good room
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family