“Perfect location and perfect hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Park Central Hotel

Park Central Hotel
Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Perfect location and perfect hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

This was our 2nd stay at Park Central and we had a wonderful couple of days. The staff are so welcoming and helpful and make you feel as though you are the only ones staying with them....even though they were very busy! The room was fab....so much so we didn't want to leave! It had everything we needed including a Nespresso coffe maker! Breakfast was lovely and the full English breakfast lasted us all day. We ate at the hotels restaurant, The Crab, and had the set menu which was so good....but so hard to decide what to have! We would like to say a special thanks to Francesca on reception who is an absolute credit to the hotel. Would highly recommend this hotel....we have stayed in a few hotels in Bournemouth and will definitely be returning to Park Central!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sandy M
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
First and foremost, I’d like to thank you for being a returning guest to the Park Central Hotel – we are very much appreciative of your loyalty. Secondly, thank you for your generous comments regarding our staff, your room and the food in The Crab. I have passed your feedback on to our members of staff across all Reception, Restaurant, Housekeeping and Kitchen departments, and particularly to Francesca on Reception who was very pleased to hear it. We will look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion – remember to present your 10% discount card.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Thank you to the staff of park Central who were delightful, welcoming and on the ball. We were delighted to be upgraded to a signature room where everything was just lovely. We ate in the Crab restaurant on the first night and enjoyed delicious meal served by very pleasant and attentive staff. Breakfast very pleasant but the staff were very slightly less able - seemed somewhat confused but maybe they are not morning people! Overall though, superb and memorable stay. Thank you Park Central

Room Tip: Excellent proximity to town centre and beach
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade to one of our Signature rooms. I am also pleased to learn that you enjoyed your meals in The Crab Restaurant, however please rest assured that I have passed your comments on to our Restaurant Manager regarding the attentiveness of staff in the morning. I thank you for raising this to our attention. I hope you will consider staying with us again if you are in Bournemouth in the near future!
Dover, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

My boyfriend and I spent 2 nights at Park Central for the Valentines weekend. Finding the hotel was pretty easy and check in was quick and seemless. We were booked in a Signature Suite on the 5th floor which was lovely. We had a great seaview and ample room.
The room did have a couple of downfalls, the first being the sound of the wind going through the vent in the bathroom. Whilst that was not the hotels fault, it would have been nice to shut it off (even with the bathroom door closed the noise was still there). The second being the heat in the room. Despite turning all the radiators down, the room was very hot. We had the Windows open constantly on the 2nd day to try and cool the room down, but it was still hot. The location of the hotel is perfect, and it was fabulous being able to watch the surfers down by the pier in the morning. Breakfast at the crab was good, and you couldn't go hungry. The crab was full for the 2 nights we were there, however we had made separate dinner reservations for both evenings elsewhere. The hotel was happy to book taxis for us and they always turned up on time.

Tea and coffee making facilities were in the room, and the nespresso machine was a bonus. All in all it was a good stay. Would I return? Probably as the location was perfect for exploring Bournemouth.

Room Tip: Room 505 was great for the seaviews
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you for leaving your review – I’m glad your check-in was easy and that you enjoyed your Signature Room. With regards to the vent, I am sorry if this caused you any inconvenience and I thank you for raising it to my attention. I will be investigating this. Moreover, I am disappointed to hear you were unable to eat in The Crab with us – I would recommend booking in advance as this does tend to fill up quite quickly, especially on weekends and annual occasions. I hope you are able to revisit and dine with us another time. Thank you again for choosing to spend your Valentine’s with us, I’m glad you had a lovely stay.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

We came to bournemouth to look at a car and decided to make a night of it and book a hotel, after traipsing round a few hotels to find them all fully booked (it was the marathon weekend) we fell upon the central. My husband ran in to see if there was a room and luckily there was right opposite reception nice and handy right by the front doors so we checked in and went out for a few drinks. Now I think the first mistake is having a room so close to the reception we were constantly woken up by people coming and going all hours. our "en suite" clearly had the main waste pipe running down the partition wall for what must have been the whole hotel as from 6am there was constant gushing of water to the point that I thought someone was in our shower.
Hugely over priced for what seems like a nice hotel from outside and don't get me wrong the decor is ok but for £160 a night I would expect more

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Adkay
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us. Firstly, I am very disheartened to hear these comments regarding your stay in October 2013. With our walk-in procedure, we do always try to offer guests a chance to view the room before agreeing to stay. When viewing this particular room you have been informed that the room might be noisy, due to its close location to reception, yet you decided to proceed with your reservation. With regards to your comments on the room price -please note that our rates within the hotel do fluctuate throughout the year due to local events, season and days of the week. As you have already mentioned, Bournemouth was extremely busy on your visit, due to the marathon taking place-and this has reflected on the prices. I am disappointed to learn that you did not feel the price you paid reflected your overall stay on this occasion.
Lastly, I am sorry to hear that your sleep was disturbed, and I thank you for raising to my attention your comments regarding the water pipe. Your comfort and satisfaction as guests is always a main priority, therefore please rest assured that I will be investigating this immediately.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

This is my 2nd visit to Bournemouth and i requested for my company to book me a stay in this hotel, which i stayed in 2011. I must say that the rooms are lovely and big, with comfortable showers and tons of tv channels to watch.

Despite the lack of a gym / swimming pool, the location is also near the beach, which makes it easy for one to go there for a run / swim.

The pillows are a little soft for my liking but nevertheless, rooms are cleaned daily to ensure that guests have a good stay.

What can be improved:
- bigger variety at breakfast (same food daily)
- provision of daily mineral water (though an electric kettle is available for you to boil water)
- provision of a fridge in the room (currently none), so that we can buy ice cream to place in there! :)

Room Tip: Don't go for the cheapest room, as my colleague experienced had a tight experience in the smalle...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your feedback to The Park Central Hotel. As a returning guest firstly, I would like to thank you for your loyalty, of which we are very appreciative. I would also like to thank you for raising to my attention your improvements to the hotel – I will be keeping in mind your comments with regards to the water, variations of food day to day at breakfast, and a mini-fridge in the room. Please note that you can always request a mini-fridge should you require one, however thank you for raising this point. Lastly, if you stay in Bournemouth on business regularly, I’d be very pleased to offer you a potential corporate rate should you wish to enquire with us. This would entitle you to a set rate throughout the year, with various negotiable perks such as free car parking and a special Corporate menu at the Crab. Feel free to email me at aleksandra.dwornik@parkcentralhotel.co.uk should you need any further assistance, and I hope to hear from you soon.
Liskeard, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

We picked up a good deal at this hotel which included a sea view room dinner and breakfast. The dinner was in the crab restaurant, a really up market sea food restaurant. 3 course set menu was excellent and very good value for money. Prices of drinks in the bar are a bit expensive, the staff were all very polite and very helpful. Location next to the sea front, pier and the Bournmouth International centre was ideal. We would stay here again if we needed to be in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John R
Thank you for your review about us. I’m pleased to hear you thought your food was excellent, and that you would stay again in the future. We will be looking forward to welcoming you back again.
Bournemouth, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

We have only just got home from our stay at the park central and felt I had to write our review right away. We only live a mile away from the hotel but we found a travelzoo deal for a seaview room with three course dinner and breakfast for £85 so we treated ourselves. The staff.....they are all the loveliest friendly people you could wish to meet and I mean all of them! They make you feel so welcome from the moment you step through the door til the moment you leave. The room we had overlooking the seafront was stylish, very large and very relaxing. Now the highlight is the crab restaurant. ..its such a high end swanky place with candlelit tables, a live pianist in the corner and incredibly attentive staff. As for the food..simply outstanding. They do a 3 course set menu for £20 anf believe me the food you get is worth three times more or they have an a la carte menu with everything from pork and lamb to the best lobster, oysters and seafood available. My wife and I felt very spoilt and had a wonderfully indulgent and romantic time and will definitely go back.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank tgarlinge
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your break with us and equally as glad that you enjoyed The Crab so much. We do take pride not just in what is offered on the menu, but absolutely the whole experience for you. I’m happy to hear you are wanting to return and we can’t wait to welcome you back a second time. Remember to present your 10% discount card on arrival!