“Highly recommended. Great location.”
Review of Park Central Hotel

Park Central Hotel
Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
London, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended. Great location.”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I can't fault the services at this hotel- absolutely superb, and I look forward to staying with them again! Only complaint was the toilet flush- press very lightly or else it gets stuck and the water just keeps coming!

I stayed in room 411. It was a nice hotel view, however, just be mindful that it's right on the front of a busy road so if you're a light sleeper, you may wish to reconsider. I went home on very little sleep, however, the view and just being a stone throw from the sea was well worth it! It's also right by the National Express coach stop (Bournemouth Pier), and approx. 5 mins walk into town- short walk through the park.

The food was so-so, but that's subjective... decide for yourself.

Room Tip: if you're going by public transport, get a coach to Bournemouth Pier as the stop is literally ad...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank WorldPostcard
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about us, I’m pleased you were particularly impressed with our service. On this note, I’d like to comment that if under any circumstance you are not satisfied with the room, in this case with the external noise, I would kindly ask you to report this to Reception – we would be more than happy to look into accommodating you in a quieter area of the hotel. I have also taken into consideration your comment regarding the toilet flush - please rest assured that this has since been rectified, and I thank you for raising it to my attention. I hope you will keep us in mind if you are due to visit Bournemouth again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sidcup, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We have just returned from a two night stay at this lovely hotel, we stayed in a signature double which had a great sea view. The room was very spacious and very clean and freshly presented. On arrival the reception staff were great, very polite and helpful and we were able to get into our room ahead of the usual check in time. We were going to see a show in the BIC which is literally across the road so happy days! no queuing for taxis or long walk back after. We had lunch in the Crab restaurant which was very nice and value for money. Our son arrived the following day for one night and he had a nice double room as well with a sea view. Throughout staff were exemplary to the point that on walking back through the front door the receptionist handed us our room key without even having to be told our room number! That type of service is def not the norm these days! All staff were very helpful and seemed genuinely happy to be there.
We ate in the Crab restaurant on the second night and the food was lovely, high quality and there was a pianist playing as we ate to add to the ambiance.
Overall, we found this hotel to be great value for money and a gem of an independent in this world of big, impersonal hotel groups.
I would have given five stars had it not been that the vegetarian full breakfast was somewhat lack lustre. The meat option looked very good but when my son asked for the vegetarian option the waitress had to check if they had vegetarian sausages! Mmmm not great start to the meal! she returned to say they had, so he ordered. Sadly when it turned up the sausages were more like the type you serve to a child to try to get them to eat their veg!( corn, veg mashed together) not really good enough when there are so many meat free options on the market and as any chef should have sourced. The actual remaining items on the plate were space in comparison to the meat option. So if it hadn't been for the buffet, he would have left breakfast somewhat lacking in being satisfied.
One other minor point we found was that the energy efficient bulbs took ages to brighten, which was most obvious in the bathroom which had no natural light, leaving you having to put light on a few. I tues before you actually wanted to use the bathroom.
Sooo overall I would recommend this hotel if they could look at the above negative comment, which I am sure they will and resolve.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed your break in our Signature Double Room, thank you for leaving your review. I’m also pleased to hear that your son was welcomed, and you all enjoyed your meal in The Crab Restaurant. I have however noted your feedback regarding the vegetarian options and the sausages – please rest assured that this has been passed on to the Restaurant Manager and I thank you for kindly raising this to our attention. I am glad you will be recommending us, and we hope to see you back at The Park Central Hotel!
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel with large, quiet, clean & comfortable room and lovely sea view. Right opposite the BIC so very convenient if you are going to a show there. Breakfast was lovely. Reception staff very friendly. The only reason I haven't given this 5 stars is that we went out on the Saturday from 11am until gone 4pm and when we returned to our room it had not been serviced. Had to request they send someone, which they did promptly but sitting in the room while someone makes the bed is not a great experience. Their excuse was that they were very busy - think they should get more staff then maybe. For a 4 star hotel that was not cheap, I expected better. Such a shame when everything else was so good.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about us. I'm disappointed to learn that your room was not serviced until 4pm. Please rest assured that I have taken your comments on board, and know it is a rarity for this to occur. On the date of your stay, because of the event at the Bournemouth International Centre, we were fully booked in the hotel - therefore very busy as previously mentioned. I am glad someone was sent promptly to the room, however I can only apologise that on this occasion, this was not cleaned quicker for you. On the other hand, I'm pleased you thought breakfast was lovely and I have passed on your kind comments to our Reception staff. I do hope we can welcome you back again if you do return to Bournemouth.
Penarth
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We have just returned from a wonderful 2 night stay at this hotel. Everybody we have dealt with from the first telephone call to check out today have been helpful and friendly. We needed a hotel which would accommodate my mums mobility problems and allow for an easy relaxing stay. The reception staff organised 2 very suitable rooms, with walk in showers, fabulous views and relaxing areas. There was a ramp into the hotel and they offered us one parking space even though our blue badge had not arrived in the post prior to our visit. The Hotel is clean and contemporary, the cleaners were great, very friendly , smiley and accommodating. I liked the beds and pillows, because there was a variety of softness to chose from. The crab restaurant which was a 20 sec walk from my mums room was amazing. ( no need to leave the hotel, make sure you book in advance)The best food I have tasted in a long time with very accommodating and attentive staff. Wonderful breakfasts too.We booked an in room hand spa treatment and the beautician who came was relaxed and friendly, would definitely recommend. Room 504 had great views, a lounge area , dressing room area as well as bedroom and bathroom, it was a great place for the 4 of us to relax with amazing views. Room 105 was adapted for mum and very easy to access. The only draw back of this room is it is just off the corridor from the Crab restaurant and you do hear people returning back into the hotel at the end of the evening ,( didn't last long however it may be worth the hotel putting a polite sign up somewhere on the corridor or door reminding people that there are rooms near by) it was also on the road side of the hotel with no view, We knew this before we arrived, and there are many rooms with views away from the road. Great location for sea front, BIC, shopping and gardens . We had a lovely time. We ate at Valentinos Italian near by the second night as recommended by reception staff . It was a wonderful place, great staff, relaxed , reasonable with lovely home cooked Italian food. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: rooms with a view are worth the extra money !! room 504 a bit special if a group of you traveling to...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for your pleasant review. I'm delighted that you were impressed with the service from our staff - I have passed on your feedback across all of our Reception, Restaurant, Housekeeping and Kitchen teams who are also as delighted to hear it. Our teams always work hard to provide the best possible experience for guests. I'm also pleased that we were able to help accommodate all your needs, from the blue-badge space to your rooms. As for your kind words regarding The Crab Restaurant, please rest assured that this has been passed to the Restaurant and Chefs, who are very pleased with your response.Once again, thank you for staying at The Park Central Hotel and leaving your feedback - it was lovely having you and your family, and we hope we can welcome you back for another memorable stay in the future.
Hampshire, uk
Reviewed 22 February 2014

we stayed last night as we were seeing something at the BIC opposite, receptionists were very pleasant and welcoming when we arrived. As reguards to parking a reviewer said you had to park on the 3rd floor of the bic, I believed it was any floor BUT 3rd!! either way it was cheaper than normal and easy. Our room was 401 to the side and it was really lovely and spacious. Massive bed, lovely bathroom and heated towel rail and all very clean and modern. Nothing could have been better with the hotel other than our experience in the bar- very very dark, 6 members of staff all cleaning, spraying the bar top and everywhere else, bleaching the floors which was very overpowering and then at 11 .10 on a Friday night we couldn't order another drink, I noticed in the morning it states the bar times but we should have been told that at reception as Bournemouth has a lot of great places to drink but we thought the hotel would have been lovely. Anyway it didn't detract from how good the stay was. Thankyou, we will be back and we will just drink elsewhere!!

Room Tip: 401 room was great if you don't want to pay for a seaview. Drink somewhere other than the hotel...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback - I'm delighted to hear you were warmly welcomed by Reception upon arrival, and that Room 401 was comfortable for you. With regards to the car parking, on some occasions (such as weekends or evenings such as yours with a busy event at the BIC), it is impossible to accommodate everybody on the third floor in our allocated bays. On this occasion, you may have been given an alternative ticket enabling you to park anywhere in the Bournemouth International Centre - as you mentioned, at the same discounted price. I'm pleased this was easy to do. Lastly, I thank you for raising to my attention that the bar closure time was unclear for you - I will be taking this into consideration. I hope we can welcome you again to stay with us, once again thank you for your review!
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed for 2 nights in February - a Travelzoo offer - and can't really find fault. The hotel is clean, very comfortable and welcoming. We stayed in a classic double with sea view. Plenty of space - the bed was a little soft, but very comfortable and cosy! Our break included dinner on the first evening - the Crab Restaurant is stylish, the staff are very attentive and the food delicious. We really enjoyed eating there. Breakfast is plentiful with good quality produce. However, as previously stated, the service at breakfast is not quite up to the same standard as the evening. Nothing to complain about, but it's difficult not to compare! The only negative on our feedback form was that we would have liked a second armchair in our room. We were very impressed that Aleksandra, the Manager, took the time to write and thank us for our opinions. The reception staff too were always friendly and helpful and even printed off a map for us to find our chosen restaurant on the second night. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. I know we stayed as part of an offer,but it was incredible value. I love visiting Bournemouth and will look forward to my next stay at Park Central. Many thanks to all the staff.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your stay with us, and for taking the time to leave your review. I'm pleased to hear you found the offer good value, an that you enjoyed your Sea View room and meal in The Crab Restaurant. I will be very pleased to welcome you back to The Park Central Hotel - remember your 10% discount card!
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

This was our 2nd stay at Park Central and we had a wonderful couple of days. The staff are so welcoming and helpful and make you feel as though you are the only ones staying with them....even though they were very busy! The room was fab....so much so we didn't want to leave! It had everything we needed including a Nespresso coffe maker! Breakfast was lovely and the full English breakfast lasted us all day. We ate at the hotels restaurant, The Crab, and had the set menu which was so good....but so hard to decide what to have! We would like to say a special thanks to Francesca on reception who is an absolute credit to the hotel. Would highly recommend this hotel....we have stayed in a few hotels in Bournemouth and will definitely be returning to Park Central!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sandy M
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
First and foremost, I’d like to thank you for being a returning guest to the Park Central Hotel – we are very much appreciative of your loyalty. Secondly, thank you for your generous comments regarding our staff, your room and the food in The Crab. I have passed your feedback on to our members of staff across all Reception, Restaurant, Housekeeping and Kitchen departments, and particularly to Francesca on Reception who was very pleased to hear it. We will look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion – remember to present your 10% discount card.