“Excellent hotel - March 2014”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Park Central Hotel

Park Central Hotel
Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Surrey, England
“Excellent hotel - March 2014”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Just returned from having spent 2 nights at the Park Central, had a very nice restful time there. Both nights were the best nights sleep we have had in a long time. The Room 506 was beautifully set out with beautiful views over the pier and sea and conveniently located. The staff were very professional and polite. It was handy having a car park right opposite. Would certainly go there again. The restaurant was wonderful, enjoyed all our meals. The staff again were very helpful and friendly. Cannot understand some negative reviews, must be very hard to please, some people. Again thank you for making our stay a memorable one.

Room Tip: Rooms with sea view are very good, even though the main road is right outside, was not disturbed by...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments – I’m delighted to hear Room 506 was enjoyed for its views and comfort, and that you found our central location to be beneficial. I’m also very glad your stay was so memorable - I have passed your kind comments on to our staff both within Reception, and the team in The Crab Restaurant. I will gladly look forward to welcoming you back to The Park Central Hotel should you choose to stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Crowborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Could not recommend this hotel more, everything about it was perfect for a nice weekend away. The receptionists where extremely helpful and nothing was too much hassle. They helped us find somewhere nice to eat and gave us great advice on what to do in the day, they even sent my shoe back that I left in the room! The room is very clean and spacious! Breakfast is also top notch, with a great choice in food. If you are looking for a nice weekend away, this hotel is perfect!

Room Tip: Try and get a beautiful sea view!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
I’m so pleased to read such a wonderful review - myself and all our team are so pleased to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them. I do hope you are able to return back to us to enjoy another break, I trust you had a lovely time in Bournemouth this visit and I will look forward to welcoming you again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

We have been welcomed by a very friendly receptionist Lauren upon arrival, checking in was very quick and didn't take longer than 5mins. We stayed in room 406 and arrived on beautiful Sunday afternoon, hotel is situated very close to the Pier and all the local restaurants and shops.

Receptionist asked us if we wanted directions to any places and when we came back from the walk down the beach she already circled places on the map for us! :) we tried to call room service for glasses of wine and additional bath robe as there was only one in the room, and for 15mins no one was picking up the phone...so this was the only minus....but we called receptionist again and she brought everything herself within few minutes to our room.

Room vas very bright and spacious, clean with everything you need. Nice choice of teas and coffee,chocolate biscuits, nice selection of shower gel,shampoo,and body lotion and there also was a shower cap just in case.

Definitely would come back again!! :)

Thank Paulina Maria A... R
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for writing your kind feedback. I am delighted to learn that Lauren made you feel so welcome, I have passed on your comments to her and she is also pleased to hear it. I’m equally as glad that you enjoyed your room, our location and what seems to be a snippet of Bournemouth’s beautiful summer weather!
I have passed on to the Restaurant that you were unable to get through to them on the evening of your stay, and I’m sorry if this was of any inconvenience. I have again thanked Lauren for helping you, and am glad Reception were able to accommodate everything you needed. Lastly, thank you for your comment stating you would return to us – I’m looking forward to seeing you again already and I hope we can provide you with another memorable stay.
Oxford
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Booked through Travelzoo and arranged by telephone for an in-land facing upper floor suite (I'm a very light sleeper and didn't want to be disturbed by traffic noise).

Upon arriving, had actually been allocated room 212, next to reception and the road! Queried this and was assured the room was soundproof, however, was kept awake by traffic and the night club close by until 3a.m, which did ruin my enjoyment of the stay.

Restaurant was lovely, great atmosphere, very small portions at dinner did leave us feeling distinctly unsatisfied. Breakfast was lovely.

Wasn't the relaxing break away I had hoped for.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SaffronOxford
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us. Firstly, I’m disappointed to hear that your expectations were not met, and can only apologise that the road traffic and external noise affected your overall satisfaction of the room. I am sorry that on this occasion, you were unable to rate us higher because of this. Lastly, I have passed on your feedback to our Restaurant Manager in The Crab Restaurant regarding the sizes of food portions – please rest assured that we will be keeping this in mind, and I thank you for raising it to our attention. I hope that if you return to us that we are able to exceed your expectations, as I trust we would have done in different circumstances. I will look forward to welcoming you should you wish to return to us in Bournemouth.
Bracknell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

This is a really friendly, clean and comfortable place to stay, I would stay here again. The staff were very helpful and the breakfast was really good. We couldn't have asked for a better location right next to the beach.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for leaving your review. I’m pleased to hear your stay was enjoyable and that you particularly liked breakfast. If you are in Bournemouth again, I hope you are able to keep us in mind for any future stay.
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Just back from two night stay booked with zoo travel deal, fantastic value! We upgraded to signature rooms well worth doing Hugh room with great view to the beach and pier. The hotel is in a great position close to beach and town, the staff all very helpful and friendly. Our deal included dinner on the first night in the crab restaurant again all good delicious food and wine served by attentive happy staff with the added bonus of live music.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sharon B
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for your review! I’m so pleased to hear you thought our Travelzoo offer was of great value, and glad you were able to upgrade with us to the our Signature Rooms with uninterrupted sea views. I hope you will keep The Park Central Hotel in mind to return for any future stay!
Uxbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

We booked to stay overnight on Saturday 8th March and how lucky we were. Our welcome was warm yet professional, the room was clean and bright and even the sun came out to make our stay perfect.

The choice at breakfast was great, service was very efficient and the whole experience left us wanting more.

Don't bother looking elsewhere for a hotel in Bournemouth when it's all here. We'll be back!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments about us. I’m so pleased to hear that you liked your room, and will be returning back to us in the future. The Restaurant staff and our Kitchen team in The Crab Restaurant were happy to hear your feedback regarding the breakfast and lastly, I’m glad the sun made an appearance for you! I hope you were able to enjoy Bournemouth at its best and I will look forward to welcoming you again to The Park Central Hotel.