“Lovely hotel, great location!”
Review of Park Central Hotel

Park Central Hotel
Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel, great location!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My bf and I recently stayed at this hotel for a 2 night stay. The hotel is lovely with friendly & helpful staff on reception. The room was spacious and very clean. The shower was great and the bed was very very comfortable. We both slept well during our stay. There is lots to do in the area and the hotel is located a stones throw from the main peir. There are lots of restaurants near by (all walking distance). Our particular favourite restaurant was 1812 - quite pricey but was worth it. Great steak and good service. The bar adjoining the restuarnt served fantastic cocktails and it is literally a 2 min walk from the hotel, so its very convenient. Would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
I would like to thank you for your lovely feedback – I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location and had a great night’s sleep and stay with us. In the future, I hope that you will consider returning to us should you make any more plans in Bournemouth!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Southampton
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We stayed one night on a Travelzoo offer. We couldn't fault this hotel in any way. All the staff were so helpful. We had a lovely spacious and quiet upgraded bedroom on the 4th floor overlooking the pier. The bed was extremely comfortable and we slept very soundly. The food was also well presented and very tasty

Room Tip: Another customer told me that the rooms on the 5th floor were a bit cramped
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for leaving a review about us – it’s lovely to hear that you were pleased with your upgraded room overlooking the Pier, and you particularly enjoyed our food in The Crab Restaurant. I’m also happy to learn that you enjoyed the comfortable bed, and found all the staff you encountered to be helpful. I will look forward to welcoming you back to The Park Central Hotel should you wish to return to us in the near future.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Had a room overlooking the sea. Right across the road from the BIC so great location. Staff very helpful and can arrange parking which is great. Room light and airy. Fantastic restaurant on site. Food fab and not overblown prices.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind review about The Park Central Hotel. I’m so glad you enjoyed our location, The Crab Restaurant and your room with a sea view. I’m also pleased that you found the car parking easy, and the staff friendly and helpful. I hope you will keep us in mind for any future stay - hope you had a memorable time with us.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Park Central on March 22-23 to celebrate my sister's 60th birthday. There were 4 of us and we upgraded to Signature rooms 504 & 505. We got excellent value by using Travel Zoo. Would definitely recommend this hotel to other people - and paying extra to get the most marvellous views of Bournemouth. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff who were all really helpful and friendly. Isabella helped with the original booking and suggested converting the sofa beds so that we had separate beds. That actually cliched the deal for me. She also checked us in efficiently and helped us locate the car park. On Saturday Lauren helped us find a bus to take us to Swanage - excellent value for an open top bus that goes on a ferry too. On Sunday, staff offered to help put up balloons at breakfast Food was great, high quality and well presented. Hotel was bright, freshly painted and a fab location. Could not ask for more and will gladly recommend and hopefully return.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Carole M
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you very much for posting your review about The Park Central. I’m so pleased to hear you enjoyed your special occasion with us, and that all of you were delighted with your upgraded Signature rooms and gorgeous sea views. I am also very happy to pass on your kind comments to Reception staff Izabella and Lauren – they are pleased to hear it too, and equally glad that you had a memorable stay with us. I hope you had a lovely time exploring Swanage, and if you do come back to Bournemouth (be it for a special occasion or another getaway), I will be looking forward to welcoming you. Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us.
Congresbury Bristol
Reviewed 21 March 2014

When we arrived, we were greeted by two immaculately presented receptionists, one blonde (sorry no name) and Isobella. Warm smiles and helpful advice about parking - a good start to our holiday. Excellent room with view of sea and Pier, and although road outside was quite busy, didn't affect our sleep. We were on a "deal" with a set menu, which could have probably had a little more variety, but the food was good. Slightly disappointing that menu was not changed so the same the next night, so not a lot of choice. Also slightly disappointing that car had to be parked at multi story opposite, at additional charge, but not a big problem. Overall a good hotel, and worthy of return visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for choosing to leave your review about us - I’m pleased to hear you were warmly welcomed to the hotel upon arrival, and were assisted with the car parking effectively. I have however noted your comment regarding the multi-storey and additional charge – unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate the demand of cars on-site due to a lack of space. Lastly, I’m glad you thought The Crab meal was enjoyable, however I have passed your comments on to the Restaurant Manager about how you wished to see more of a change. Normally, the menu does have alterations on a daily basis due to the fresh produce that we receive day to day, however on this occasion I do apologise that you were unable to try something different. I hope you are able to return to have an alternative dish with us, and I will look forward to seeing you again if you do have a return visit to us!
Surrey, England
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Just returned from having spent 2 nights at the Park Central, had a very nice restful time there. Both nights were the best nights sleep we have had in a long time. The Room 506 was beautifully set out with beautiful views over the pier and sea and conveniently located. The staff were very professional and polite. It was handy having a car park right opposite. Would certainly go there again. The restaurant was wonderful, enjoyed all our meals. The staff again were very helpful and friendly. Cannot understand some negative reviews, must be very hard to please, some people. Again thank you for making our stay a memorable one.

Room Tip: Rooms with sea view are very good, even though the main road is right outside, was not disturbed by...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments – I’m delighted to hear Room 506 was enjoyed for its views and comfort, and that you found our central location to be beneficial. I’m also very glad your stay was so memorable - I have passed your kind comments on to our staff both within Reception, and the team in The Crab Restaurant. I will gladly look forward to welcoming you back to The Park Central Hotel should you choose to stay with us again.
Crowborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Could not recommend this hotel more, everything about it was perfect for a nice weekend away. The receptionists where extremely helpful and nothing was too much hassle. They helped us find somewhere nice to eat and gave us great advice on what to do in the day, they even sent my shoe back that I left in the room! The room is very clean and spacious! Breakfast is also top notch, with a great choice in food. If you are looking for a nice weekend away, this hotel is perfect!

Room Tip: Try and get a beautiful sea view!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
I’m so pleased to read such a wonderful review - myself and all our team are so pleased to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them. I do hope you are able to return back to us to enjoy another break, I trust you had a lovely time in Bournemouth this visit and I will look forward to welcoming you again.