“Fantastic Stay”
Review of Park Central Hotel

Park Central Hotel
Ranked #2 of 67 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed for one night..wish it was for more.I was with my three year old son and we both loved it.Great location just across the road from the sea and a 5 min walk to town.All staff were extremely friendly and made our stay very pleasant.
Breakfast was amazing..all choices buffet and cooked and even had coco pops for my son.
Bed was comfy ,room was spacious and clean with tea making facilities in the room.
Only negative was a view of a wall from window in the standard double but if your tall you could see over and see the sea.I didn't mind everything else made up for it.
Will be staying there again.

Room Tip: Standard double had a wall as a view , but you could see over if your tall enough.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Hello, thank you for your comments about us! I’m pleased you and your son enjoyed your stay in the Classic Double Room, and how you both particularly liked your breakfast in the Crab Restaurant. I’m delighted to hear you will be returning to us again in the future, and I will of course look forward to welcoming your family once again - hopefully for a little longer next time as you mentioned

Write a ReviewReviews (1,270)

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I booked through booking.com, and wanted a hotel close to the BIC, and close it was indeed. just right across the road. parking was at a discount and was in BIC which wasn't too bad. I had spoken to reception on a few occasions and every time I rang they were always polite and helpful. On arrival the Reception staff was very friendly but sorry I didn't take any names. Was given room 401, and was shown to the lift.

Room 401 had plenty of room, room was clean and had everything you need, just maybe a glass/beaker in the bathroom but that's just being picky, and also maybe 2 hot chocolate sachets instead of 1 when the room was for 2 people, the only downside to the hotel was the Wifi which they said was available in the rooms but I couldn't connect any of the time I was there, which slightly spoilt my time as couldn't catch up on work etc

In the morning the breakfast was lovely, was shown to a table, tea and toast came within minutes and fully cooked breakfast was hot and didn't take long to come either, Cereals, fruit, toast, danish, cheese and cold meat, you name it, it was there on offer, and all fruit drinks to think off.

When I next come to Bournemouth wouldn't hesitate to book at this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 401 is overlooking the main road, and no sea views but noise wasn't to bad. If you don...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comments. It’s lovely to hear that you were pleased with Room 401, and all the Receptionist staff that you spoke with both prior and during your stay. I’m also pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast in the morning too. Furthermore, I must apologise for any inconvenience you encountered with regards to the Wi-Fi. Please note that we will be upgrading our wi fi connection very soon. Lastly, I thank you for your kind words branding us ‘one of the best hotels in Bournemouth’! Our team always endeavours to work hard to achieve the best possible guest experience, and we are very appreciative of your comments. I hope you will keep us in mind for any future stay, and I will look forward to seeing you.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed for only one night, were greeted by very friendly efficient receptionist who managed to book us a table for dinner in the Crab Restaurant before going to a show just across the road at the B I C Evening meal was excellent, very attentive young staff, lovely spacious room overlooking the pier. Breakfast the next morning kept us going to well past lunch. Couldn't fault anything about our stay only wish it could have been longer!

Room Tip: had room 308
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for leaving your feedback! I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your evening meal, and also the breakfast in The Crab Restaurant. I hope if you are able to revisit Bournemouth (maybe again for entertainment at the International Centre) you are able to book for longer with us as you mentioned. I will look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

My bf and I recently stayed at this hotel for a 2 night stay. The hotel is lovely with friendly & helpful staff on reception. The room was spacious and very clean. The shower was great and the bed was very very comfortable. We both slept well during our stay. There is lots to do in the area and the hotel is located a stones throw from the main peir. There are lots of restaurants near by (all walking distance). Our particular favourite restaurant was 1812 - quite pricey but was worth it. Great steak and good service. The bar adjoining the restuarnt served fantastic cocktails and it is literally a 2 min walk from the hotel, so its very convenient. Would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

I would like to thank you for your lovely feedback – I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location and had a great night’s sleep and stay with us. In the future, I hope that you will consider returning to us should you make any more plans in Bournemouth!

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We stayed one night on a Travelzoo offer. We couldn't fault this hotel in any way. All the staff were so helpful. We had a lovely spacious and quiet upgraded bedroom on the 4th floor overlooking the pier. The bed was extremely comfortable and we slept very soundly. The food was also well presented and very tasty

Room Tip: Another customer told me that the rooms on the 5th floor were a bit cramped
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you for leaving a review about us – it’s lovely to hear that you were pleased with your upgraded room overlooking the Pier, and you particularly enjoyed our food in The Crab Restaurant. I’m also happy to learn that you enjoyed the comfortable bed, and found all the staff you encountered to be helpful. I will look forward to welcoming you back to The Park Central Hotel should you wish to return to us in the near future.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Had a room overlooking the sea. Right across the road from the BIC so great location. Staff very helpful and can arrange parking which is great. Room light and airy. Fantastic restaurant on site. Food fab and not overblown prices.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your kind review about The Park Central Hotel. I’m so glad you enjoyed our location, The Crab Restaurant and your room with a sea view. I’m also pleased that you found the car parking easy, and the staff friendly and helpful. I hope you will keep us in mind for any future stay - hope you had a memorable time with us.

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Park Central on March 22-23 to celebrate my sister's 60th birthday. There were 4 of us and we upgraded to Signature rooms 504 & 505. We got excellent value by using Travel Zoo. Would definitely recommend this hotel to other people - and paying extra to get the most marvellous views of Bournemouth. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff who were all really helpful and friendly. Isabella helped with the original booking and suggested converting the sofa beds so that we had separate beds. That actually cliched the deal for me. She also checked us in efficiently and helped us locate the car park. On Saturday Lauren helped us find a bus to take us to Swanage - excellent value for an open top bus that goes on a ferry too. On Sunday, staff offered to help put up balloons at breakfast Food was great, high quality and well presented. Hotel was bright, freshly painted and a fab location. Could not ask for more and will gladly recommend and hopefully return.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Carole M
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thank you very much for posting your review about The Park Central. I’m so pleased to hear you enjoyed your special occasion with us, and that all of you were delighted with your upgraded Signature rooms and gorgeous sea views. I am also very happy to pass on your kind comments to Reception staff Izabella and Lauren – they are pleased to hear it too, and equally glad that you had a memorable stay with us. I hope you had a lovely time exploring Swanage, and if you do come back to Bournemouth (be it for a special occasion or another getaway), I will be looking forward to welcoming you. Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us.