“Andrew Mart”

Park Central Hotel
Ranked #3 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Just stayed for 1 night on the top floor room 506
Great sea view, very tidy and clean room, it was our anniversary so a card and some sweets was a very nice gesture. All the staff where very polite especially at breakfast which also was good.
No negative comments, was recommended and it lived up to expectations.
We would definitely go back.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,270)

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed one night in this hotel whilst attending a show at the Pavilion Theatre. On arrival the staff could not have been more helpful. The room was large and bright. This hotel is not what you would call plush but it's very comfortable and clean. It's in a great location for both the beach and the town. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was lovely. For a one or two night stay I would not hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you very much for your kind feedback – I’m delighted to hear your comments, and they have been passed on to all of our staff within the hotel. Our teams do try to create the best possible experience for guests and are appreciative of your thoughts. We will all be looking forward to welcoming you should you return to us in the near future.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Friendly welcome, the room we were in was right at the front of the hotel, by reception - so quite noisy. Room clean and fresh. Nice shower room. Felt a little pricey for the size of the room - but location was excellant. Lovely choice of breakfast - fast and efficient - will return to eat an evening meal there. Overall a good stay - would definately stay again, but would request a different room.

Room Tip: Try to request a room away from reception - also where the window doesn't open out onto the stre...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about us. I’m glad that you enjoyed your breakfast so much and consequently are planning to return for an evening meal – I hope this is equally lovely for you! Lastly, I’m sorry to hear it was a little noisy on the occasion of your stay with the room by Reception – if you return to us, you are more than welcome to request an alternative floor. We always do our best to accommodate any guest requests. Thank you again for your feedback, I hope you are able to revisit soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed for two nights in April 2014 and our two rooms were on the ground floor (which is the "second" floor). The location of the hotel is great, really central and the rooms very clean and spacious. The staff couldn't have been nicer and the breakfast was lovely.

The only negative thing was that as our room was over the restaurant it smelled very strongly of food most of the time (and the restaurant staff stood smoking right under our bedroom window). The "sea view" was also hard to see unless you stood on a chair (which they forgot to put out so there was no chair for the desk until I asked for one).

Despite of this we had a fantastic two days with glorious weather so we were still very happy. Five stars for the wonderful staff :) thank you

Room Tip: maybe not the ground floor which is the second floor, try higher up
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for providing your feedback about us at The Park Central Hotel. It’s lovely to hear you were pleased with the friendliness and helpfulness of staff, our location, and your breakfast in The Crab Restaurant. I have however noted your comments regarding your allocation over the Restaurant – I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused. Lastly, I’m so glad you were able to have the glorious weather and the taste of summer! I hope you are able to come back to us soon and I will look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed for one night..wish it was for more.I was with my three year old son and we both loved it.Great location just across the road from the sea and a 5 min walk to town.All staff were extremely friendly and made our stay very pleasant.
Breakfast was amazing..all choices buffet and cooked and even had coco pops for my son.
Bed was comfy ,room was spacious and clean with tea making facilities in the room.
Only negative was a view of a wall from window in the standard double but if your tall you could see over and see the sea.I didn't mind everything else made up for it.
Will be staying there again.

Room Tip: Standard double had a wall as a view , but you could see over if your tall enough.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Hello, thank you for your comments about us! I’m pleased you and your son enjoyed your stay in the Classic Double Room, and how you both particularly liked your breakfast in the Crab Restaurant. I’m delighted to hear you will be returning to us again in the future, and I will of course look forward to welcoming your family once again - hopefully for a little longer next time as you mentioned

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I booked through booking.com, and wanted a hotel close to the BIC, and close it was indeed. just right across the road. parking was at a discount and was in BIC which wasn't too bad. I had spoken to reception on a few occasions and every time I rang they were always polite and helpful. On arrival the Reception staff was very friendly but sorry I didn't take any names. Was given room 401, and was shown to the lift.

Room 401 had plenty of room, room was clean and had everything you need, just maybe a glass/beaker in the bathroom but that's just being picky, and also maybe 2 hot chocolate sachets instead of 1 when the room was for 2 people, the only downside to the hotel was the Wifi which they said was available in the rooms but I couldn't connect any of the time I was there, which slightly spoilt my time as couldn't catch up on work etc

In the morning the breakfast was lovely, was shown to a table, tea and toast came within minutes and fully cooked breakfast was hot and didn't take long to come either, Cereals, fruit, toast, danish, cheese and cold meat, you name it, it was there on offer, and all fruit drinks to think off.

When I next come to Bournemouth wouldn't hesitate to book at this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 401 is overlooking the main road, and no sea views but noise wasn't to bad. If you don...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comments. It’s lovely to hear that you were pleased with Room 401, and all the Receptionist staff that you spoke with both prior and during your stay. I’m also pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast in the morning too. Furthermore, I must apologise for any inconvenience you encountered with regards to the Wi-Fi. Please note that we will be upgrading our wi fi connection very soon. Lastly, I thank you for your kind words branding us ‘one of the best hotels in Bournemouth’! Our team always endeavours to work hard to achieve the best possible guest experience, and we are very appreciative of your comments. I hope you will keep us in mind for any future stay, and I will look forward to seeing you.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed for only one night, were greeted by very friendly efficient receptionist who managed to book us a table for dinner in the Crab Restaurant before going to a show just across the road at the B I C Evening meal was excellent, very attentive young staff, lovely spacious room overlooking the pier. Breakfast the next morning kept us going to well past lunch. Couldn't fault anything about our stay only wish it could have been longer!

Room Tip: had room 308
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for leaving your feedback! I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your evening meal, and also the breakfast in The Crab Restaurant. I hope if you are able to revisit Bournemouth (maybe again for entertainment at the International Centre) you are able to book for longer with us as you mentioned. I will look forward to welcoming you.