“Good location”
Review of Park Central Hotel

Park Central Hotel
Ranked #6 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed at Park Central for two nights having purchased a KGB voucher which was excellent value, as we were going to the Pavilion to see a particular act. The hotel were very helpful and rearranged our restaurant booking to accommodate the time of the show with our meal which we enjoyed.

The restaurant food quality was good, as was the breakfast which was included in the price of our stay but at £9.95 was good value. The inclusive three course dinner was also fairly well priced. The a la carte menu is pricey but offers a lot of sea food, hence the restaurants name The Crab.

The staff were all very helpful and went out of their way to accommodate our request for an item that was not on the menu on the second night but having spoken to the chef was provided for us. We were very impressed.

The reception staff were excellent, particularly Lauren, as was the Duty Manager who resolved an issue we encountered. Their handling of this matter was the best customer service we have encountered in the UK - again we were impressed.

They do have parking but it is £7.50 per night on the third floor of the BIC which is just across from the hotel once you have unloaded your car at the side of the hotel.

Overall an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Ask to see the bathroom/shower room, as the room we stayed in the shower was very tiny and my husban...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you for leaving your feedback about us. I’m pleased to hear that you found our KGB offer to be of excellent value! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your meal in The Crab Restaurant , and also found our location and car parking facilities to be easy and useful. I have personally passed on your comments to Lauren on Reception, and also to our Chefs in the Restaurant for kindly providing something not from the menu – we are all very pleased to hear it. Lastly, I am glad that we were able to resolve the issue you encountered– it’s great to hear that you valued our customer service and that we were able to help. I do hope you will keep us in mind for any future visit to Bournemouth, and we will look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

When I book a hotels for a very reasonable price by the beach in England, expectations are low...

Not here though. From the moment we arrived we got a nice welcome and the bedroom/ suite we were upgraded to was fab - huge room, two tv's and a bay window looking onto the beach - and all for about £130.

The restaurant is also very nice and of high quality. We had lunch there and while not cheap, the cost is fully justified.

Overall, highly recommended and we have booked to go back next bank holiday weekend.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

It’s lovely to hear your delight regarding your recent stay with us – I’m very pleased that you enjoyed your room and your lunch in The Crab Restaurant! I have passed on your comments across all our staff teams, and we will all be very much looking forward to welcoming you as a returning guest on your next visit. Thank you once again.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here this weekend for a hen doo and there were 14 of us. Check in was easy and a lot of our rooms were ready early, around 12pm which was nice. We had a twin room (204) which was spacious and and had a bath. Staff were friendly and helpful to all. We had bed and breakfast for £104 per room per night. Breakfast was good and plentiful and hey were very accommodating to our large group. It was easy to get to the seafront, town and they have parking available for guests in the BIC. The only complaint I have is that the 1st floor was downstairs and next to the attached fish restaurant and so the corridor and some rooms smelt if grease and fish all of the time. Some of us asked to move rooms because of this and lack of view. These are all rooms starting with 1. Overall though a pleasant stay in a good location.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jodie F
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. Once again, congratulations for the special occasion and I hope we were able to make your stay a memorable one. I have passed on your feedback to the team at The Crab Restaurant regarding breakfast, and it’s a delight to hear that it was so well enjoyed, service included. I’m also pleased to hear that your Twin Room (204) was to your liking. However, I have noted your feedback regarding your room on the first level near the Restaurant. Please rest assured that I will be taking this into consideration and I thank you for raising it to my attention. I hope you are able to keep us in mind for any return visit and we will look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We chose this hotel because it is located across the road from the Bournemouth International Centre where we had tickets to see Rick Wakeman perform Journey to the Centre of the Earth.

All of the staff we encountered were extremely professional, polite and helpful.

The hotel is very close to Bournemouth's seafront and pier and the main shopping centre, via the beautiful public gardens.

Parking is available at the BIC's car park. The receptionist issued us with a voucher to leave on our dashboard. The cost for parking is £7.50 per day.

Our room was spotlessly clean and came equipped with good sized bath towels, shampoo and shower gel, a range of tea and coffee, tv, hair dryer, iron and ironing board. The hotel has free wifi. The room was on the small side, but perfectly adequate. Our only issue was with the bathroom, which lacked space and a storage shelf. There was no bathtub and the shower cubicle was snug to say the least.

After the concert we adjourned to the hotel's bar. A pint of Peroni is £5.00, but again the service was excellent.

Breakfast during weekends is served between 0800 and 1000. We had the full English which used quality bacon and sausages. A buffet of continental breakfast choices and cereals is also available. Again, the service was excellent.

We enjoyed our stay in Bournemouth and the quality of this hotel enhanced our good experience. We look forward to staying at this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello, thank you very much for leaving for feedback about us! I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast, thought the service was good throughout the hotel, and that you found our location to be useful for the BIC. Furthermore, thank you for raising to my attention your thoughts about shelving in the bathroom – please rest assured I will be keeping this in mind. In addition, if I could kindly note that the bathrooms can differ with facilities throughout the hotel – some rooms have shower only and others have both shower and bath facilities. Unless specific requests are provided with a booking, which we try our best to accommodate, we allocate rooms on a first-come, first-serve basis. I hope that this did not cause you any inconvenience. Lastly, I hope that you enjoyed Rick Wakeman’s show and that you will think of us again should there be another gig or occasion in Bournemouth – remember your 10% discount card!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Wonderful staff..... Seriously every single person was so genuinely friendly and lovely.... So helpful. Our room ...407... Had a stunning view of the sea and pier. Not a speck of dust... Beautifully clean and comfortable room. Their restaurant is amazing.... Make sure you book because it really is an "experience".... Again such lovely staff and oh my goodness the quality of the food was out of this world. Great choice for vegetarians too. Location is perfect.... Directly opposite the BIC and literally 2 mins from beach/ tour bus etc. Thank you for such a special Easter weekend with you. We have already rebooked to come and stay again in November!!!!

1  Thank Lizncarlo
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you very much for your 5* feedback! It is so lovely to hear your comments and how you enjoyed your Easter weekend stay with us. I’m pleased that you thought the sea view was ‘stunning’ from Room 407, and also how you enjoyed The Crab Restaurant food - I have happily passed all your comments to all our staff across our Reception, Housekeeping, Restaurant and Kitchen teams. I’m delighted to hear you have already rebooked with us, and thank you once again - all the team will be looking forward to welcoming you once again in November as returning guests.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

we stayed here for one night this bank holiday. On arrival the staff were extremely friendly and found our reservation no problem. We were allowed to empty the car before moving it to the local Multi-storey, What I found slightly strange was that on booking out we were actually billed extra for car parking for a room costing £140 I would have expected that to be included.
The room was executive and had what you would expect of a 5* establishment, including robes and a iron. the TV's were basic but we wasn't there for the TV. The shower room was spacious and contained everything you needed. We did use the WIFI late on but found it extremely slow and almost unusable. The main disappointment for us during our stay was the breakfast. There seemed to be a shortage of everything from, spoons to bowls to fruit and juice which we had to continually ask for. The cooked breakfast was fine but not great although my partner had poached eggs which she described as superb.
All in all we had a good stay here, the location is superb and the staff reallt friendly and helpful but for 5* the little things seemed to be missed.

Room Tip: Ask fro the rear of the hotel
1  Thank IAN J
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your recent stay with us. I’m glad you found the staff both friendly and helpful upon your arrival, and enjoyed our Executive layout room and central location in Bournemouth. I’m sorry to hear you were not aware of our car parking charge – this is £7.50 (a discounted rate from the Bournemouth International Centre) and Reception do try to contact you prior to your stay to confirm a place if necessary, and consequently inform you of the charge. The car parking charge is also visible on all our internet booking sites when reserving a room. Lastly, I am pleased to confirm that we will be updating our Wi-Fi connection within the hotel very soon – however, thank you for your comments to make us aware. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay once again and will look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Just stayed for 1 night on the top floor room 506
Great sea view, very tidy and clean room, it was our anniversary so a card and some sweets was a very nice gesture. All the staff where very polite especially at breakfast which also was good.
No negative comments, was recommended and it lived up to expectations.
We would definitely go back.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple