“Celiac's Perspective”
Review of Park Central Hotel

Park Central Hotel
Ranked #5 of 67 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The room was very clean... so I was happy and it was regularly cleaned etc, we had the top floor double room and the height was fine for myself being short, however for a 6ft person .... I think they may struggle. The room a good temperature, not to hot or cold and the decor appeared modern. Breakfast was very good (bonus points for the cook) especially for the cooked fish and poached eggs ..... and the bread (gluten free) was brilliant on the second day compared to the first (different type of bread), however, I failed to ask what brand it was or if it was baked fresh? My only minus point is that the WIFI in the room was not good on the top floor, however, it did allow me and my partner to switch off from work emails etc and enjoy bmth. Would I go again for leisure 100% yes, the location was easy to get too from the train station and close to the beach, reception and staff where in general very professional and polite. However if you require internet for business reasons etc I would think carefully about which room you choose e.g. lower floor where internet was apparently stronger. I was happy with food & room and perhaps next time I will try the restaurant.... however we only stayed for couple nights. Hope this helps. It would be nice if they had a modern gym facilities but not really necessary .... as you can pop off to the gym in central i.e. a few minutes walk.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lucy c
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Hello, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback for your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our location, your room, the food in The Crab Restaurant, and in particular the service you received throughout the hotel – the team are very grateful to hear this! Lastly, with regards to the Wi-Fi, I am pleased to inform you that we are currently updating our connection to a faster, stronger and more efficient network, which should be live very soon. I do apologise if there was any inconvenience caused during the transition on the occasion of your visit – however, I’m pleased to hear that it enabled you to see some more of Bournemouth! Should you wish to return to us, we would be more than happy to welcome you. Thank you once again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,238)

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel 28th June and had a wonderful time the hotel was nice together with the crab restaurant where we had a superb romantic meal. Would definitely go again, but would stay longer. This hotel was very close to the beach and shops so superb location as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Anita099

Hello! I’m so glad to hear you had a lovely romantic time with us, and thoroughly enjoyed your Crab Restaurant meal on the 28th June. I’m pleased you enjoyed our central location, ideally located seconds from the beach and minutes from the town! It’s lastly wonderful to hear you would wish to stay with us longer – all of our team hope we can welcome you back soon. Remember you will be able to use your 10% discount card if you bring it to Reception after booking directly!

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

The staff made us feel so welcome, upgraded our room and as it was a special occasion for my boyfriends birthday they got him a birthday card which was lovely. One of the best hotels I have stayed at, also the food at The Crab was spectacular!

1  Thank Louiserusso
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you very much for leaving your kind words about us – I’m so pleased we were able to help make your boyfriend’s special occasion a memorable one, and I’m delighted to hear we are ‘one of the best’ hotels you have stayed at. It’s a pleasure to have upgraded your room, I’m glad you enjoyed it, and so glad to hear you thought The Crab restaurant was ‘spectacular’ also. Once again, thank you for your kind comments - our team are so pleased to receive them. Should you come and stay again, we will look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Hotel very well located close to town and Pier, rooms that face West get the full sun in the afternoon and makes the rooms extremely hot apparently with the building being "listed" air-conditioning can not be fitted, we had to make do with a fan that ran 24/7 but never got cool enough to be comfortable. Of course the weather was good and in June. Breakfast was fine and the arrangements for parking were good having a reserved space in the BIC opposite the Hotel at £7.50/night.The Hotel was clean and looked as if it had just had a refit. The lifts had a feature that got your nerves this was a voice saying every move the lift made "doors opening, Doors closing, and floor number" just OTT. I would stay there again but ask for a room not on the front unless it was "winter"

Room Tip: If in Summer ask for a room not at the front of Hotel e.g rooms 312 & 412
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your recent stay with us. I’m pleased to hear you appreciated our decor and new refurbishment, found the hotel clean, and liked your breakfast and our car parking arrangements. I have however noted your comments regarding the temperature of the room – as you have noticed, we do supply fans to the rooms. I’m sorry to hear that on this occasion you were uncomfortable - if in the future I could kindly urge you to contact Reception, we would look into supplying you with another fan or possibly moving rooms if we had availability. Your comfort is always our priority. I have also noted what you have said regarding the lift – this is a safety feature which unfortunately we are unable to change. Lastly, I’m glad the weather was good for you and hope you had an enjoyable stay. We will look forward to seeing you should you book again, and remember you may use your 10% discount card which was presented to you on departure for next time, if booking directly.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

second visit same standard stayed in signature room 410 june 20 for 3 nights all staff very friendly and helpful room immaculate crab resturant fantastic sea view from room brilliant looking forward to 3rd visit later in year

Room Tip: signature room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Firstly, I would like to thank you very much for being a returning guest to The Park Central Hotel – we are so appreciative of your loyalty! It’s wonderful to hear you have also booked for a third stay with us later in the year, I’m glad we will be able to welcome you back. Thank you for leaving your kind comments about your Signature Room, The Crab restaurant and the service you received form us. We will see you in Bournemouth again soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

This is the second time staying at this hotel. It's very comfortable and is very close to the BIC and the beach.
Beds are very comfortable and there was a fan in the room to keep cool which was needed !
Tea and coffee in the room.
Shame there was only a shower and not a bath but only a minor problem for me as I prefer a bath. Bathroom was very clean as was the room.

• Stayed: June 2014
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

First and foremost, thank you for returning to us at The Park Central Hotel – we are very appreciative of your loyalty. I’m glad your second stay was comfortable and clean, and it’s great to hear you value our town and beach central location. I have noted how you would have preferred a bath and a shower in the room – as you now know, some of our rooms accommodate shower only, bath only, or shower-and-bath. If at the time of making the booking you have a preference, if I could kindly ask you to please let us know so we can try to allocate this for you. I hope you enjoyed your break away to Bournemouth and we hope to welcome you back again in the near future!

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

After a lot of searching and review reading, I chose Park Central for us to stay for one night to celebrate a special occasion.
Before we even arrived the service was spot on, replying to emailed questions promptly. As soon as we walked through the door we were greeted with a big smile and made to feel very welcome. Our room was spotless with a lovely view of the coast, the bed was very comfortable and following a good evening out we returned to the Hotel where we slept well. In the morning we went down to enjoy a great breakfast, once again all the staff we met were professional and friendly. Very happy that we chose this Hotel, would highly recommend. JW

1  Thank Jon W
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments – I’m very happy to hear that after your extensive research of hotels in Bournemouth, we were able to deliver the service and standard you expected, especially for your special occasion – I hope we were able to help make it a memorable one. I’m also pleased to hear that you enjoyed your ‘spotless’ room, comfortable bed and gorgeous view of the coast, sleeping well to also enjoy your Crab breakfast the next morning. Finally, I’m delighted to hear you will find it easy to recommend us and you were happy choosing us – thank you for your stay. We will definitely look forward to welcoming you.