“PERFECT”

Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Abingdon, United Kingdom
“PERFECT”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Compliments to the Reception staff, very efficient, friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. Room was really clean compliments to the Housekeeper. Bed very comfortable, lovely view but spoiled by a dead spindly tree outside the window why don't they cut it down.?
Had a great view of the airshow from the window though . Lovely experience would stay again.

Restaurant different, ordered 2 ham sandwiches (room service) but came with cheese in them with the ham. asked for extra sugar for the room non given.

English Breakfast in the Crab restaurant was lukewarm. It would be nice if someone could just come over and say is everything ok, do you need anything. Apart from that, enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: 3rd Floor, room 310 next to lift, bay window, nice view of the sea, but a spindly tree in the way...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 985Sheels
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Thank you very much for your 5* review! Great to hear that you were very satisfied with our Housekeeping and Reception teams, how comfortable your bed was, and that you enjoyed a direct view of the Air Show from your room! I’m glad you enjoyed it, and thank you very much. However, I will be keeping in mind your comment regarding the service in The Crab restaurant, as you would have preferred someone to check up on you – I do apologise that this was not offered, and please rest assured that this has been passed on to the Restaurant Manager. All of our teams hope we can welcome you back in the near future, and once again, thank you for your comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Winchester UK
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Booked a room last minute to stay one night for the Air Festival. Great location well cared for and very clean.
The best thing is the staff who without exception were charming and friendly.
WE had booked s standard room---guess availability was tight.
To say the room is small would be an understatement---maybe OK for a single occupancy but pushing it for 2..
The bed seemed narrower than a standard double and the way the TV was at the angle of the sloping ceiling nearly required the skills of a limbo dancer for whoever occupies the right hand side of the bed to get past it.
The wardrobe is miniscule---not big enough for clothes for 2 unless travelling VERY light.
The bathroom is of equally snug size----shower only--- no room for a bath! Whatever you do don't drop anything when having a shower as you cannot pick it up unless you open the doors.
Like I said-- the room is really only suitable for a single occupancy.
For info the room was 304 so suggest couples take note accordingly.
My Breakfast was very good---freshly cooked full English. My wife's smoked salmon and scrambled egg less so--- she did not finish it as the smoked salmon was a big course rolled up chunk which she said did not taste fresh---no excuse as the breakfast is served in the Crab seafood restaurant so should have been better. Unfortunately the day after she was quite ill with stomach and sickness which we both feel was the Crab as that was all she had until toast when we arrived back at home later. Obviously can't prove it but we have suspicions that the salmon could have been fresher---she left most of it and surprisingly nobody asked if it was OK when clearing the plate. That was definitely a black mark---not for the hotel itself but for the restaurant.
I would stay there again due to the location and the staff but would certainly view the room beforehand.

Room Tip: Avoid 304 unless travelling alone
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
london
Reviewed 29 August 2014

booked two rooms through a booking website, not direct with hotel. booked well in advance of our two night stay on 22nd August 2014.(booked 8th January 2014) thought would treat our selves to an upgrade so went for two double rooms with sea view. on arrival one was a disabled access room and the other wasn't both on ground floor and well yes we could see the sea from our room but wouldn't exactly call it a sea view as view was severely obstructed by other buildings, you would of thought booking so far in advance you would at least get the rooms on one of the floors above that would have far better views, i guess that's what you get for not booking direct with hotel.we couldn't change rooms as the hotel was fully booked. i wouldn't advise on taking breakfast either as it certainly was not up to standard you expect, both food and service were not great order got messed up on both our tables.seemed in a rush to get us out of there, so the second morning we went else where for a decent fry up. the rooms were big and the beds were comfy but i did get a sore neck whilst watching tv as it was placed at such an angle on the wall and not in direct line with the bed.the shower was a big let down also, not the biggest space to try and wash your self also the water temp kept on going hot and cold, guess chose the wrong time to shower.

Room Tip: sea view doesn't really mean you get a proper sea view, not worth paying the extra
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank mdm113
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Guest – thank you for raising to my attention your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to hear of your words about the Crab Restaurant, and that you would have preferred sea views on a higher level. As you have mentioned, we do always advise to book directly with the hotel to ensure we can try to accommodate all special requests - I am sorry that you did not feel satisfied with your room, and especially on this occasion as we were unable to move you due to being fully booked. However, I am pleased that you did find both rooms big and comfortable, and do rest assured that I have taken on board your comments regarding the positioning of the television on the wall, and the shower in the bathroom – which has since been rectified by our maintenance man. Once again, thank you for letting us know. Lastly, I have informed our Restaurant Manager of your comments regarding the service you received, where we will both be looking into this. If I can offer you any other assistance or should you wish to discuss anything further with me, please do contact me on aleksandra.dwornik@parkcentralhotel.co.uk and I will endeavour to help you. Once again, thank you for your comments.
Frome, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2014

A birthday treat for my daughter and myself to see lee Evans.a nice surprise birthday cards and chocolate brownies in our room on arrival this is the second visit to this lovely hotel,in a perfect location for the bic,over the road,beach gardens,and the shops.its spotless,beds comfy,room 402.large with a view of the tethered balloon,brilliant cooked breakfast,thanks to all the lovely helpfull staff.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back quieter.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
I’m very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us for the Lee Evans show. Thank you for your kind feedback regarding Room 402, our central location, the Crab Restaurant, and our staff in the hotel. We would love to welcome you back once again in the near future and I do hope you will keep us in mind for any future visit to Bournemouth. Remember to take advantage of your 10% discount card by booking directly and bringing it next time.
devon
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This was my 6th visit to the hotel we were only there one night but I must say out room 405 was not great, the room was clean bed comfy but furniture tired and the showers just ridiculously small that said my husband couldn't shower either in the evening or the morning no hot water I did tell the girl on reception and she told us that you just need to turn it further because it gets stuck did this in morning still no joy when checking out told the receptionist who said the maintance guy would have come up To take a look but to be honest you just want to get up shower and dress I didn't want workmen in rook whilst I was getting ready.Breakfast choice was good but we waited 50mins for ours then it wasn't that hot,staff were lovely BUT PLEASE PLEASE train staff not to clear tables until everyone's finished their meal when I was a youngster and waitressing I would have been given a right rollicking for doing such a thing. When we checked I waited in reception while hubby got car 4couples came along everyone complained about length of time for breakfast was busy but hotels should be able to deal with this
Reception staff were very friends and helpful

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Guest. Firstly, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for being a returning guest to The Park Central Hotel – and being your sixth time, it’s wonderful to hear. We are very much appreciative of your loyalty. However, as we discussed on your departure, I am disheartened to learn that you were disappointed on the occasion of your visit that we were ‘not up to our usual standard’. Please rest assured that I will be taking all your comments on board, and will be investigating, along with the Restaurant Manager the service you received in The Crab Restaurant for breakfast. Thank you for raising this to our attention. Lastly, I am terribly sorry if you found some difficulty with the temperature of the shower water – thank you for reporting this to our Reception team at the time, however I do apologise that this was an inconvenient time for our maintenance man to come to the room. Please rest assured that this has since been rectified. Once again, thank you for raising all your comments, and I hope that the discount we gave you on departure was able to help in way of compensation for this. For a future visit, if I could kindly urge you to contact us directly, and do remind us of these points – you are more than welcome to book with myself on 01202 203600 or at aleksandra.dwornik@parkcentralhotel.co.uk, and I can assure you that we will not be repeating this experience. We of course hope to welcome you back again and, if I can be of any further assistance regarding this, please do not hesitate to contact me on the aforementioned email. Thank you.
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

A big thank you to all the staff at park central for a wounderful over night stay.Requested a early check in and on arrival our room was ready which was a great bonus.With checking in and car parking sorted by the warm and friendly reception staff the rest of the day was for us to enjoy.Could not fault the room absolutely spotless and the breakfast was suberb and once again the staff a credit to the hotel.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest – I’m so pleased that we were able to assist you with an early check-in, and sorting the car parking for you so you could go and explore Bournemouth.. I’m so glad you thought that the room was ‘spotless’, the breakfast ‘superb’, and the staff a credit to us – everyone is very pleased to hear it. We hope we can see you again at The Park Central Hotel, and lastly, thank you for leaving your kind feedback.
yeovil
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at the hotel for the weekend as we were going to be watching lee Evans. The hotel receptionists were all lovely and attentive who always met our needs. The room itself was spacious and VERY clean, we could not fault anything apart from the view which consisted of a brick wall and a bush but we understand this is not the fault of the Hotel. The bed was extremely comfy and I struggled to get out of bed because it was very relaxing. The breakfast was very nice and offered plenty of continental choice, juices and hot food. The waiting staff again were very helpful and made the start of the day very relaxing. As we were only staying there for 2 nights we realised during breakfast on our first day that our room had been cleaned and replenished which was exceptional service in my opinion. We will defiantly stay there again and would be happy to recommend to friends and family :)

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing us, and being able to recommend us to friends and family. I’m so pleased to hear that you found our Housekeeping service exceptional – this has been passed on to our Housekeeping team who are very pleased to hear it! Also, our Reception team are delighted to hear that you thought they were all ‘lovely and attentive’. Thank you. I’m also pleased that you enjoyed the variety of continental and cooked-to-order food at the Crab Restaurant for breakfast; how comfortable the bed was in the room; and the friendliness of the breakfast staff too. I have kept your comments in mind about the view from the room however – thank you for raising this to my attention. I hope we are able to welcome back you and your boyfriend on a future occasion, and I’m very glad that you enjoyed Lee Evans and your stay with us.