“The best place for steak in Bournemouth”

Bournemouth Steak House
Ranked #104 of 757 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Cuisines: French, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“The best place for steak in Bournemouth”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We came to Bournemouth Steak House by chance a few years ago and we keep going back! The food is excellent and well-priced. Staff genuinely friendly and knowledgeable about steaks. Over the last few years we have learnt quite a lot, and gonet from having well-done steaks to medium-rare or even rare. I wouldn't have a rare steak in any other restaurant. Whenever we fancy a steak we go to Bournemouth Steak House as it is very consistent and never disappoints.

• Visited June 2014

• Polish first
Dorset
“Bit dated and a bit expensive but tasty end product.”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Family run for decades I doubt you will find a more knowledgeable of steak experts in Dorset. Friendly and helpful they must be doing something right as it must be the longest serving restaurant in Bournemouth. Meat is hung properly to ensure the best taste and texture so enjoy.

1 Thank PinkPrincess24
“sunday night steak”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

excellent steak as always. perfectly cooked with onion rings and mushrooms, sauté potatoes.
very polite staff

“Very good steakhouse!”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Been here twice now and both times very impressed.
Everything perfectly cooked, and in a relaxed atmosphere.
Little bit pricy but you get what you pay for.
Highly recommended!
John.

1 Thank john m
England
“Where has the atmosphere gone?”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We used to always come to the BSH when my husband and I were dating and with the family, and it was a lovely little restaurant where you could sit at a candle lit table and talk. Unfortunately, we made a visit last night after a number of years and were quite disappointed. The food was as ever very well cooked and tasty, the best Steak Diane I've ever had, but there was no atmosphere. It was crowded and very noisy with some large groups of parties in, my husband and I couldn't hear ourselves speak and we had to repeat ourselves more than once. The lighting was very bright for a restaurant and although there were candles on the tables I just didn't see the point. I wouldn't visit again as a couple, but because of the food I would probably go with a group of friends.

1 Thank dorsetqueen