“Great stay, great people!!”
Review of The Lodge

The Lodge
Ranked #96 of 132 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Great stay, great people!!”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I recently visited Bournemouth for my brothers stag do and The Lodge was fantastic. Excellent value for money, great location and we were left to our own devices. The people I dealt with throughout the booking process were also great. Especially on arrival when we were given a full briefing on what Bournemouth has to offer. I got the sense the staff really wanted us to have a great time.

Free parking was really useful too. Will definitely be going back soon!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Luke C
kerandire, Owner at The Lodge, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Again thank you for taking the time to leave this, it's going well so far this year !
With some good reviews left.

Hope to see you again

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I originally booked for the Ashleigh B&B directly on the phone only to be told that I was booked for the lodge (next door) without breakfast. when I asked about breakfast I was told the lodge did not serve breakfast as the customers did not normally wake up in time for breakfast. As a 26 year old female who came to Bournemouth for a friends wedding I found this quite insulting, especially as I had booked a B&B. I found the room to be very shabby and the satellite TV would not turn on, so the only entertainment I had in my room was the stag do in the room above! The Lodge (and The Ashleigh) are in a very inconvenient location. They are located near the local university which, unfortunately is about a 30 minute walk from the beach and town centre (which includes all bars and restaurants). I also found the staff very unco-operative, perhaps it's just my age but the way they spoke to me made me feel like a child and although I wrote down all my booking information they still insisted I had booked into the party lodge next door. I would recommend to book travelodge and avoid these shenanigans.
Emily

Room Tip: Book elsewhere... Please!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Emily L
kerandire, Owner at The Lodge, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Once again a bogus review, please look at a map to see where the uni is and where we are!
Getting some facts right might well let people have some doubts, but this I think is the worst planned bogus review we have had, thank you for the that.
Out of interest we confirm all bookings made with us including date board duration and guest numbers etc, after 26 years we know what we are doing, that's why we are busy.
The more bogus reviews we get the public will make up their own minds no matter what you say or I.
I have no problem with that

Travellers are raving about these Bournemouth hotels

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Stayed on hen weekend in September. Thought the room was good value for money considering that Bournemouth is an expensive place to stay! Plus we were only really after a comfy bed as we were out in the day. Surprised to read other peoples reviews that the owners are unfriendly. We all felt welcomed and thought the pubs and clubs meeting was a useful nice touch. Thanks for a good stay,would come again with friends.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Aimee720
kerandire, Owner at The Lodge, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave this, we do try to get it right, but get upset at times when we get bogus reviews on this site.
It is always good to get a review from someone we know stayed.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Having read the other reviews i felt i must respond as they seem very unfair and petty, The Lodge is just as its described, Its clean, spacious rooms, hot showers, TV in the room, tea and coffee, and the staff helpful and cheerful, Free car parking which is great as its expensive to park in Bournemouth. We traveled in a group had no problems with the owner at all, Most hotels or Lodges are really expensive in Bournemouth and this was very reasonable, I can never understand why people moan when they are on holiday/ break, make the most of it! All in all we had a great time and we would go back!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kaallen25
London
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

I have just returned from a one night stay and to say I was disappointed would be a gross understatement. There are so many negatives to list, I really don't know where to start, but here goes....I'll start with the miss-selling of rooms. We booked our stay from the Ashleigh Hotel website after viewing their rooms and prices online. Paid £90 for B&B 1 night to be told upon arrival that we were actually staying in the Lodge next door, a cheaper, tattier looking building, oh and breakfast wasn't included!! The room was dirty, there were what appeared to be faeces stains on one of the sheets :( and hair of the dark curly sort in the shower. Obviously we weren't impressed! The lady owner (Julie I believe) was extremely rude and left a note under our door threatening to clamp our car because it was parked in the guest accommodation in the Ashleigh (which we we had actually booked and paid for). She clearly had no experience whatsoever in customer service and I was shocked by her attitude and manner. In my view, anyone who responds to reviews in the way they do here is very unprofessional it's beyond a joke. Funny how so many reviewers seem to leave a review "for the wrong hotel". I'm almost worried to read their response to my experience. They appear to take none of their customers' comments on board, instead choosing to "fight their corner" and make out we're all liars! Ludicrous! I can honestly say that this is the worst experience I've ever had at a hotel/B&B and I'd warn you all to AVOID AT ALL COSTS! Over to the management...

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank danielaj1987
kerandire, Owner at The Lodge, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Well lets start at the beginning, you booked a room in the Lodge as the hotel was full, you then insisted that you had booked breakfast even after being told the terms when you booked and that the lodge has not served breakfast for 10 years, you had parked on next doors car park and was asked to move to the lodge car park, you told us you would pop to the cash point and return and pay.
Five hours later you returned leaving your car in someone else's car park ! you then reluctantly moved your car to the back of the Lodge car park taking up 6 spaces !.
We then decided that we did not need the hassle and we offered you your money back, you then wanted to stay but still made a fuss over moving your car.
Its a pity really as your room would have been good for the three ladies checking in with us as a local place was so bad they moved to us (as you was in the hall we know you overheard this) in fact as we knew you was going to such a pain we really wish you had taken your money and left.
I am sorry but I will answer comments posted here truthfully and if you do not like that then tell the truth yourself, also check some of the bad reviews please tell me how they can stay in the Lodge the same night as they have a meal in spain !. You made a mistake and abandoned your car and do not like it as we told you, thats down to you not me, the strange thing is I was going to give you a free breakfast until you became so offhand.
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Stayed here a week ago with my family and found it excellent value for money seems some people want 5 star accomadation at a 1 star price! We had ensuite bathroom ,sat tv,tea coffee facility had to write this review as some of the other reviews must of been reviewing another hotel ?

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank ncoln
kerandire, Owner at The Lodge, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we have had some bogus ones lately and have upset a couple of guests and it is they that always seem to have the time to leave a review, not the other 99% who have a good time.
Still we know in our hearts we try or best, but cannot please everyone.
Once again thank you for taking the time.