“Lovely 'boutique' hotel”

The Green House
Ranked #4 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I would normally avoid 'boutique' hotels for fear of them being over priced and snobbish - but this hotel was fabulous. Beautifully furnished, helpful staff, really wonderful food and great environmental ethos.

My partner and 9 month old baby stayed for 1 night in May 2013 - and will definitely go back again.

Room Tip: Book the restaurant in advance - it was fully booked when we checked in so we ate in the bar (limite...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 May 2013

I had high hopes for The Green House hotel when booking it, and it lived up to expectations. I booked the break for my boyfriends birthday and upon booking the hotel were very helpful and accommodating to my special requests of wine in the room on arrival and even pointed out to me a special package that I could take advantage of; The Lazy Sunday package, which was only £5 more than I was already paying for the room. This included a late check out, champagne on arrival and a 4 course dinner.
The rooms are a very good standard. We booked the Larger Double room with it's own roll top bath in the room and a fantastic and large monsoon shower. The bed was to die for!! I found it very hard to get up in the morning as I didn't want to leave it. It was extremely soft with feather duvet and pillow that you just sunk into. Included in the room was water, tea and coffee and biscuits.
The restaurant and bar areas were very relaxing, the food at dinner and breakfast was of very good quality.
The hotel is very well located and just a short walk to both the town centre and the beach.
I would definiately recommend this hotel and will be looking forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: Go for a larger double for some luxury
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2013

i booked 'The Green House' for a one night stay for my partners birthday and our first night away from our one year old! And im happy to say we could not fault it!
We booked the Lazy Sunday package which was a one night stay free glass of wine and our evening meal of which was the 6 course taster menu!
On arrival staff were very friendly and welcoming. Our room we opted for a Master Suite 'silver birch' had a huge bathroom with roll top bath and walk in shower. the whole room was spotless and there were some handmade cookies awaiting us!
Our 'taster menu' which to be honest i wasnt looking forward to as im a fussy eater, was beautiful and very filling myself and my partner agreed its one of the best meals we have had. Sandy who looked after us made sure anything we didnt fancy was changed. she was such a friendly professional member of staff who couldnt do enough for us.
We had a cocktail in the lovely modern bar (we were the only ones in it but it was quiet as a sunday evening) then retired to our room for a very quiet nights sleep.
Breakfast next day was equally as good as our evening meal with plenty of choice and again anything we wanted to change was no problem at all and staff as throughout our stay were friendly and helpful.
All in all i would highly recommend this hotel as it satisfied the relaxed romantic stay we were hoping for. we will definitely return.

Room Tip: spend that little bit extra for a suite they are worth it even for the amazing bathrooms
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank becky r
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We stayed one night, despite a wedding being on our room was quiet and we were not disturbed. A very good and comfortable bedroom, the staff could not have been more helpful and a really good breakfast.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The hotel is located 10mins walk from the beach, modern, sleek decor in all areas. Our room was clean cosy; the hotel staff are pleasant and very professional.The choice on the dinner menu was quite limited.The cooked breakfast is a very nice touch, makes the experience special.I would stay here again.

Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed over bank holiday weekend. Staff and facilities were excellent as was the location.
We had our 5 year old daughter with us who is partial to Nutella chocolate spread so they went out and bought some for her and made her a sandwich and bought it up to our room for her. They didn't even charge either. Which I think is fantastic it's the little things that make a stay somewhere even better!
The breakfasts were great too.
All in all a great hotel!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I stayed at the Green House by myself on a business trip and was very happy with everything about the hotel. It's a beautiful building that has been very tastefully renovated. The service was outstanding with the receptionist escorting me to an amazing room that looked brand new. The in room decor is very modern while still being warm and having a real seaside feel. A great though small bathroom with high quality fittings. My favourite part of my stay was the restaurant. I had the degustation, great tasting courses and well timed so that I could enjoy my book as well as dinner. I'd certainly recommend this hotel if you are visiting Bournemouth and I hope I have the opportunity to stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business