The Green House
Marriott Hotels
US$233
US$98
US$125
The Cumberland Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$80
Park Central Hotel(Bournemouth)
US$111
  • Beachfront
Riviera Hotel & Holiday Apartments(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$96
US$90
Ocean Beach Hotel and Spa(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$58
Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$85
US$102
PremierInn.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewsroll top bathgreen credentialsarbor restauranteco hotelcourse taster menucrab appleeco credentialsmaster double roomfresh milkfree standing bathsilver birchlovely hotelsmall toucheswedding breakfastwalk in showerwedding partymr mrs
Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

This is probably one of the better hotels in Bournemouth but bear in mind the low base!

I stayed here for one night on business. Check in was fine and I was pleased to be shown to my room because I'd never have found it. This hotel uses complicated room names rather than numbers. It's quaint but totally impractical and both I and my colleague got lost later. The signage is attrocious.

My room was ok but the shower room impossibly small and the lighting terrible. The open shower room door made the bedside table unusable. The mineral water was welcome but the bath gowns are made for very short people! I'm only 5'9 and it was too small. The tea and coffee were inconveniently hidden the (cheap pine) wardrobe but the coffee and tea bags are decanted into little pots - very unhygienic and I didn't use them. And the jar of cookies was a little odd - no consideration for those either gluten free or simply trying to eat healthily and neither wrapped nor dated so how does one know they are fresh? Annoyingly, the cord for the kettle was too short to reach the plug from the desk and only having got undressed for bed did I discover that I had to go to reception to get herbal tea bags. Extraordinary. Why not just put them on the tray?

The bed was comfortable but sleep would have come more easily minus the student party in the building next door.

There was no iron / board or trouser press.

I was taken aback by the price list in the room...£5.00 if I wanted to steal a cheap coat hanger and so on. How rude. I didn't use the roll top bath because price list on that implied that I had to pay for a bottle of the bath oil.

Breakfast was okay.

If you're easy going and on holiday and don't have much experience of staying in hotels you might be happy here but I can't recommend it for business
travellers.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We booked right at the last moment to go house hunting in Bournemouth and the hotel turned out to be a great find. i returned from a business trip and arrived at the hotel early to be greeted by a happy smiling team. the room was ready and so i could freshen up after a transatlantic flight and the drive from Heathrow. The room was very good clean and well equipped. Bathroom was spotless and again well equipped. its well located to get to the beach and to walk into the centre of Bournemouth. We dined at the hotel and the food was excellent as was the service. Breakfast was also very good both quality of food and service. Overall a very good stay and we would stay again had we not bought a property in Poole. We will definitely eat at the restaurant again

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We came here for dinner only. Being greeted by friendly staff and sitting in the lovely bar for pre-dinner drinks, was the perfect start to our anniversary. The food was lovely although not quite as good as last time we dined here. Its still very good. Portions are small so if you've a big appetite, you might want to order some sides. It was a little like sitting in someone else's party as the restaurant was a little over taken by the wedding party so if booking again, I might avoid Saturdays if wanting a romantic meal! If I were management, I would give the wedding party a free function room to save troubling other guests. That said, we would return and would recommend the restaurant.

1  Thank SAHBournemouth
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I would normally avoid 'boutique' hotels for fear of them being over priced and snobbish - but this hotel was fabulous. Beautifully furnished, helpful staff, really wonderful food and great environmental ethos.

My partner and 9 month old baby stayed for 1 night in May 2013 - and will definitely go back again.

Room Tip: Book the restaurant in advance - it was fully booked when we checked in so we ate in the bar (limited menu, but really awesome food - just wish we had got to try the restaurant though!!)
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I had high hopes for The Green House hotel when booking it, and it lived up to expectations. I booked the break for my boyfriends birthday and upon booking the hotel were very helpful and accommodating to my special requests of wine in the room on arrival and even pointed out to me a special package that I could take advantage of; The Lazy Sunday package, which was only £5 more than I was already paying for the room. This included a late check out, champagne on arrival and a 4 course dinner.
The rooms are a very good standard. We booked the Larger Double room with it's own roll top bath in the room and a fantastic and large monsoon shower. The bed was to die for!! I found it very hard to get up in the morning as I didn't want to leave it. It was extremely soft with feather duvet and pillow that you just sunk into. Included in the room was water, tea and coffee and biscuits.
The restaurant and bar areas were very relaxing, the food at dinner and breakfast was of very good quality.
The hotel is very well located and just a short walk to both the town centre and the beach.
I would definiately recommend this hotel and will be looking forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: Go for a larger double for some luxury